Stories / Humor -  Are You Ready for Truth? (30 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 7) 

A spectator boasted that this was
"America's greatest
"
public execution."

Dec 27 1862 (Saturday)

SAINT PAUL, December 27, 1862. The PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES: I have the honor to inform you that the thirty-eight Indians and half-breeds ordered by you for execution were hung yesterday at Mankato at 10 a.m. Everything went off quietly and the other prisoners are well secured. Respectfully, H. H. SIBLEY, Brigadier-General.

http://www.unitednativeamerica.com/issues/lincoln.html

Are You Ready for Truth?

No relief to shake my fist in helpless anger,though inside my spirit is raging,but my heart will not allow surrender,my shoulders droop beneath the weight of a world so filled with injustice, and no one is caring.
    Father Sky above bears witness,Mother Earth below is crying,the Four Winds gather for the changes,Creator warned you but you did not listen,killing is your only understanding,death the friend in your pocket.
    Do you truly think you will be respected,accepted,as confidant to the Angels,have you so little honor,are you so ego driven,to believe you alone will be exempted,and in your own tiny space continue?
    No troubles be allowed to touch you,the path you walk golden,while children are dying all around you,yet you never acknowledge that you owe a little something,never once admit one thing you do is wrong?
    Scream,shout,or whisper,not one hint gets to you,all around the world is changing,this is the year of death,a time of great mourning,for all that is past is fading,preparing for the coming dawning.
    And you,stumble on clinging to the lies that were taught you,mind locked tight against true learning,refusing to see pain,hurt,or sorrow,denying what is right before you,ah,sweet blindness.
    Almost,there is humor,in your righteous anger at a future you can not comprehend,to you it is not real,if you can not grasp it in your own hand,no gold or silver will buy a way that is different,how sad.
    When the gates are thrown open,and released are a People who need no longer stand in darkness,who reclaim a heritage meant for them,and your pages grow yellow from no reading,what then?
    How long,will you keep denying that the People you have down trodden are reviving,reclaiming the knowledge of their heritage and places,you stole our children,and our spirits,but not our keepers.
    Why,does it surprise you that our voices now are rising,we fight back against injustice,and our children's voices are ringing,the only way it is accepted is the music they are bringing,sing out loud young of the Peoples.
    Our protestors are beaten,our marchers arrested,it does not matter they are peaceful,and we weep as the feathers are taken,our prayers they try so hard to stifle,and yet our Ceremony they are selling.
    Let us heal our differences they keep telling,while our grandparents bones they defile,and once again the murders are kept quiet,no one cares if our children are slaughtered,just a bunch of Indian trouble makers.
    Leonard is still locked away,in that iron cage they keep him,innocent of the crimes that they themselves committed,but the smiling man will be forgiven of a genocide so casually undertaken for power?
    There is no fairness I am understanding,but justice my friends is crying,where there is no true balance the blindness will be forsaken,deaf ears will be no excuse,when it is at Creators feet you are standing.
    And rage away at the very heavens,shake your own fist at the storms now rising,hide away beneath the darkness that covers,you will,stand bare before the whole world,the lies you told yourself no longer matter.
    Truth has a way of shining through the deepest night,and the need you feel so strongly for something you can not touch,will keep growing,until you stand humbly within the golden hour,then your heart will sorrow.
    Softly will come the healing,when your heart is open,when your eyes are seeing that it is you who were withholding,there is an answer to the questions,but are you ready for these lessons?

Reply   Options 

To: wredgranny  (2 of 7) 
 2491.2 in reply to 2491.1 

greetings,

here in Minnesota at midnight on DEC 25th, we run with the sacred staff to Mankato for the 38 who were actually hung at 10:00am on the 26th...it is around 98 miles from Ft Snelling to the site where the gallows were...the run, I am not able to put into words...it is life changing...this coming week-end there is a Pow Wow in Mankato for the 38 plus the two that were later executed.... I believe it is in its 36th year....Lincoln was responsible for the decision...
http://www.mahkatowacipi.org/

also before the execution over 1700 Dakota women children and elders were marched in Dec (Minnesota the winters are brutal and below zero in temperature)the Dakota were held in concentration camps at Ft Snelling....our lovely history that is not taught...we also do a march from the Rez in Morton to Ft Snelling honoring our ancestors...we do this on Nov 7th....
http://www.dakota-march.50megs.com/onered.html
peace Debbra

To: MadamD33  (3 of 7) 
 2491.3 in reply to 2491.2 

Yes...

What a sad commentary on the past nature of white/indian relations...

And...

You honor yourself as well as your people for telling the truth about that too...

But...

Where shall we go from here?

You tell me!

FYI...

Later...

CTJ

To: ctj2010  (4 of 7) 
 2491.4 in reply to 2491.3 

EDUCATION of the masses....history not changed to suit the right story.....make noise when ever people excuse the facts...write to the school system in your area of the woods and ask if they teach the truth about the stolen land and treaty rights not honored...

one small step at a time...it takes time that most are not into doing/giving...lots of time...and one does not get paid for it...start by finding out if the schools around your state, city teach the truth about the Indian wars of 1860..the "Dakota Conflict" is what started the Indian wars...and it was not being taught here where it started...until a lot of people started making noise...

the 7th generation is not to be messed with...they are warriors rising up and I hope and pray they stay strong and make the change that is needed...it is so easy for some to sit on a computer and pretend-Indian....people need to get out and do the work..."it ain't easy being indian"....

To: MadamD33  (5 of 7) 
 2491.5 in reply to 2491.4 

I too strive to reach...

And to teach...

So I do hope others will heed your wake up calls too!

Good luck...

Take care...

Peace...

To: MadamD33  (6 of 7) 
 2491.6 in reply to 2491.2 

It is an honor to hear that the memories are clear,that these things are NOT forgotten and their grandchildren are doing as they should to honor the memories of the TRUE HERO's of those days,our own,who were in fact the true homeland defenders. There is much we each can do for our Nations,and though my part is small the keeping of our families history(the History as it REALLY was),it is something my grandmother made me promise to do,to NEVER forget,to keep telling the stories even when most the "reactions" are bad(I have been treated badly and called many things for sharing by the whites who do NOT want to know the REAL truth). Until the "schools" teach true history,we must keep telling our side or watch as ONE more generation hangs their heads in shame for being "Indian",part of those "bad" maurading redskins who "murdered poor helpless settlers for no good reason",eh? Truth is,if they had been honest,open,and trust worthy,it would today be a very different country,but they were what they were,thieves,liars,and murderers,hiding behind a blood thirsty "god" who demanded sacrifices,as they were the "superior" race?, the "civilized" ones???

blessings granny

To: wredgranny  (7 of 7) 
 2491.7 in reply to 2491.6 

I am downloading and getting my mind around your commentaries etc.

So do keep them coming...

FYI...

Peace...

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.