Modern Day Warriors -  Dennis Banks Prayers (29 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 8) 

received this e-mail yesterday...Dennis had a stint placed in his heart last week...it appears that yesterday he tried to come back to MN and suffered heart failure. He under went a bypass procedure ...he is doing well I have been told...peace debbra

Dennis Banks

To let you know that Dennis Banks had a heart attack on the plane to Phoenix this morning and is in the hospital there for bypass surgery.............Prayers please............put him on your prayer list for everyone to pray.

Love Momfeather.........

Well-wishers may send cards and flowers to:

Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center
1111 E. Mcdowell Rod
Phoenix, AZ 85006-2612

Reply   Options 

To: MadamD33  (2 of 8) 
 2570.2 in reply to 2570.1 

The fact that he even survived such an operation  (which results are iffy at best) is a good sign...

And,  get better soon,   Dennis!

All the best,   to you and yours as well,   Madam D!

Take care...

Peace...

To: MadamD33  (3 of 8) 
 2570.3 in reply to 2570.1 

Deb:

What is the latest news? And thanks for the card info.

Tim

To: Cherokee21 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 8) 
 2570.4 in reply to 2570.3 
he is recovering in AZ...with the AIM people there....our Elder from Prairie Island, Chris Leigh had a stint placed in his heart last month...he is doing well...did not need a by pass...
Clyde Bellecourt has turned 73...can you believe it..these AIM'sters are now our Elders....a party planned this week-end..feast...wanna come??? peace d

To: MadamD33  (5 of 8) 
 2570.5 in reply to 2570.4 

Yes...

Let us exibit respect towards those veterans of our peoples resistance struggles...

And...

Let us seek out as well as nuture who we hope as well as pray will be our peoples next leaders etc.

But....

In this era characterized by notions of being 'skins' and/or where they live being 'the rez':

Some other folks got unfinished business to take care of too...

FYI...

Take care...

Peace...

To: MadamD33  (6 of 8) 
 2570.6 in reply to 2570.4 
good news. I i wish I could. i watched "we shall remain" over the weekend, the episode about Wounded Knee. Man, I was so proud of both of those guys and all the Aimsters.

To: Cherokee21 DelphiPlus Member Icon unread  (7 of 8) 
 2570.7 in reply to 2570.6 
bet you can find it..maybe PBS web site....it is a movie...made it around town a couple of showings...always sold out...peace debbra

To: All  (8 of 8) 
 2570.8 in reply to 2570.7 

The Red Power Movement isn't 'ancient' history:

But at least I do hope as well as pray some of those aformentioned skins got the point behind why Chris E etc. made the effort in the first place!

And I found the whole series candid and honest as well as fair and objective...

Yeah...

It's been awhile since I've been able to say and write that about anything and everything put out there by anybody about 'indians' at all!

So, great job, folks!

FYI...

Later...

Peace...

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.