General Discussion -  Did someone survive The Last Stand? (189 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Cloud (CloudRider1) DelphiPlus Member Icon4/25/10 9:09 AM 
To: Cherokee21 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 8) 
 2593.2 in reply to 2593.1 

wow I would really like to hear any follow ups on this story... it seems that a while back there was some documentary that stated that many of Custer soldiers ran away from the fight by evidences of where they firearms were found, of course Hollywoods version is really a farce.. and should not believed

I love to rattle the bones and have dug up many interesting facts about my family tree and all its many branches

PTSD and Me               The Hunting Club

OSIYO...YIGAQUU OSANIYU ADANVTO
ADADOLIGI NIGOHILVI NASQUV
UTLOYASDI NIHI
DONADAGOHVI

"The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being. His heart withers if it does not answer another heart. His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration." - Pearl

Remember me with smiles and laughter, for that is how I will remember you. If you can only remember me with tears, then don't remember me at all....

I am a Mind Travler......Free to wander where I will......To touch with adult sophistication the COMPLEXITIES of other worlds......Come.... SHARE with me......... 

Reply   Options 

To: Cloud (CloudRider1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 8) 
 2593.3 in reply to 2593.2 

First of all:

Given the era, of course whatever came out of Hollywood at the time was meant to boost the personae of the performers, etc., i. e., so the casting of Errol Flynn--as Custer--lol-- was a no brainer/the pic melodrama as a given, etc.

It was meant for mass (white public) consumption...

It was the light stuff...

So do tell me about the heavy drama/and the real story!

Thanks!

FYI...

• Edited 4/25/2010 3:39 pm ET by ctj2010

From: Cloud (CloudRider1) DelphiPlus Member Icon4/26/10 2:59 AM 
To: ctj2010  (4 of 8) 
 2593.4 in reply to 2593.3 

heavy drama? that is not something you will ever get in past history books, movies etc.

however somewhere in the back of one of my computer chips of a brain I seem to have heard an account from the winning side of that battle, one that families handed down

I will try and follow thru on looking that up again...

PTSD and Me               The Hunting Club

OSIYO...YIGAQUU OSANIYU ADANVTO
ADADOLIGI NIGOHILVI NASQUV
UTLOYASDI NIHI
DONADAGOHVI

"The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being. His heart withers if it does not answer another heart. His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration." - Pearl

Remember me with smiles and laughter, for that is how I will remember you. If you can only remember me with tears, then don't remember me at all....

I am a Mind Travler......Free to wander where I will......To touch with adult sophistication the COMPLEXITIES of other worlds......Come.... SHARE with me......... 

To: Cloud (CloudRider1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 8) 
 2593.5 in reply to 2593.4 

Good afternoon,  indian sis...

And,  it is good that we can reexamine the facts,  candidly/honestly/fairly/objectively...

But,  let us also remember,  and not that far back,  when those of us labelled 'minorities'  weren't all that proud of who we were or were about,  more like--regressed and retreated back to,   i. e.,   when the white powers that be reacted to what when on/down/etc.,   by the way of resistance etc.,  before and after the events of the Battle of the Greasy Grass had more or less been forgotten by most people,   though not all people...

Such as that so called 'battle'  at wounded knee (not the standoff which came long after it during our lifetimes)?

It was nothing of the sort!

Damn white congressmen added insult to injury,  by awarding those 'heroes'  (butchers) with congressional medals of honor!!

Obviously something else today's congress should take back!!!

Now flashforward and what do today's younger (or not so younger) generations remember about AIM's stands either?

So some disappointment/no 'suprise'  about 'skins' and being down with 'the rez'...

Full circle--again--sis-!

Some things others just don't forget:

Some things we better damn sure remember!

Another FYI for public consumption by all of my and our relations...

Take care...

Peace...

Edited 4/27/2010 4:22 pm ET by ctj2010
  • Edited 4/27/2010 4:23 pm ET by ctj2010

From: Coconut Queen (JEANNE2469) DelphiPlus Member Icon10/13/11 12:18 AM 
To: Cherokee21 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 8) 
 2593.6 in reply to 2593.1 

Did  you ever find out anything more?  I love history's mysteries!

Jeanne

To: Coconut Queen (JEANNE2469) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 8) 
 2593.7 in reply to 2593.6 
hey jeanne,
never foud out anything more,
tim

From: Coconut Queen (JEANNE2469) DelphiPlus Member Icon12/10/11 1:03 PM 
To: Cherokee21 DelphiPlus Member Icon unread  (8 of 8) 
 2593.8 in reply to 2593.7 

Darn.  I've done alot of genealogy research.  Maybe I'll see if I can find out anything about her.

Jeanne

First Discussion>>

Navigate this discussion: 1 2-8
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.