General/Headlines -  Trump acting Defense Secretary Miller sa (33 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (2 of 4) 
 16611.2 in reply to 16611.1 

You can tell someone who has never served by their demonstrated ignorance of how things work in the military

Reply   Options 

From: A_Mt_Man DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostDec-5 8:51 AM 
To: David Finkel(ish) (mahjong54) unread  (3 of 4) 
 16611.3 in reply to 16611.2 

That is true.  Serving in the military opens one's eyes to the real world. Too many of those who have not served only see the world as their local city or county.

Stop the indoctrination and start educating!.Stop the indoctrination and start educating!

NRA Lifetime Member and 25 yr+ CCW permit holder

A Mountain Man

To: David Finkel(ish) (mahjong54) unread  (4 of 4) 
 16611.4 in reply to 16611.2 

David Finkel(ish) (mahjong54) said...

You can tell someone who has never served by their demonstrated ignorance of how things work in the military

Absolutely... I served 4 years in the Navy onboard the 7th Fleet Flagship... initially it was the USS Oklahoma City and I later cross-decked to the USS Blue Ridge when the Oklahoma City was decommissioned which continues to be the Flagship today.

I remember hearing this joke... but it's actually quite true.

The Captain of the Ship and the Admiral of the 7th Fleet were standing outside on deck arguing whether sex was work or pleasure. Neither one were making any headway in the matter when a sailor just so happened to walk past them.

The Admiral stopped the sailor and asked him whether sex was work or pleasure and he immediately snapped back with the reply that it was absolutely pleasure and not work.

The Captain asked him why he answered that way... he replied... because if it was work... it would have been handed down from above!!!

And I rest my case. (* CHUCKLE *)

FWIW

First Discussion>>

Navigate this discussion: 1 2-4
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.