CWhalley

LifeRing Recovery

Hosted by CWhalley

LifeRing Recovery: a self-help alternative for recovery from alcoholism and other chemical dependency. Group support for abstinence from alcohol and “drugs” by empowering the sober self within you. Completely secular: no prayers, Higher Powers or Steps.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Alceon's Insanity Journal   Sobriety/Recovery Journals

Started 5/19/05 by alceon; 18553 views.
In reply toRe: msg 1
alceon

Apr-26

Alceon here. Can't believe it's taken me the last 45 minutes to finally get this program or whatever it is to allow me to post a message to my own thread but then NOTHING is easy anymore so I don't know why i expected otherwise.

I'm just choking up and crying even getting ready to say this because the only word that came to me to describe myself is "broken" -- in losing my husband over a year ago I lost 43 years of the most amazing unconditional love and support that could ever or will ever exist for me. Without his love, his support and his always being my best friend and anything else i needed, i could never have done this. He taught me the major principle that enabled me to succeed -- the power of a made up mind.

All of this to say, broken as i am in every other way, today marks for me FIFTEEN YEARS of sobriety. I never could have done it without my husband's support and the amazing help i also found at Lifering.

I'm glad to see so many names I recognize and hello to all :) 

Plus does anyone know how to get into LSRsafe? My link there only goes to a Yahoo Groups page that is entirely blank. 

Love and sobriety to all, Alceon
sbc 15 years today 042620

• Edited April 26, 2020 2:19 pm  by  alceon
Brian (BrianB125)

Apr-26

Alceon,

Great to hear from you.  Yes, the new format does take a little getting use to.  Some things are much better, but others are just kind of strage.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your husband.  It's strange, but I'm not sure I could have gotten over my alcoholism without the help of my wife, but it wasn't until long after I stopped drinking and many, many discussions, that she finally came to understand what alcoholism is like for the alcoholic.  But in spite of that, I can't imagine stopping without her.

Mary will know how to get to the LSRsafe site, she sometimes has problems logging on but she should be here is a day or two.

Brian

alceon

Apr-27

Thanks for the reply, Brian. 

Addiction is, I guess, a hard thing for someone who has never felt it to understand. I was lucky that my husband understood from his own personal experience of years before being tricked into giving up cigarete (sp?) smoking. Not quite the same thing but that addictive "need" is, I'm sure, the same.

Alceon
sbc 15 years + 1 day

MaryLouise3

Apr-28

Hi Alceon, good to see you here!

The first anniversary of  a major bereavement is hellish, take care.

And congrats on 15 amazing years of sobriety! You've inspired me and many others here and across LifeRing.

The Yahoo mailing list for LSRSAFE is no longer in existence -- this is where to go now and email Craig or post again to me if you have any trouble.

https://lifering.groups.io/g/LSRsafe/topics

All love

xMary

alceon

Apr-28

Oh Mary, it's so good to hear from you!

Thank you. I'm trying to do the best I can but this loss is so huge I don't know how to express it. It's torn my soul apart and I still cry every day. And after over a year I don't know if it will ever get easier. Or if I want it to. We were lovers, soulmates, best friends. And I can't get his final words to me out of my head -- "I can't take it anymore let me go." 

I know he's not in pain anymore and in a better place wherever anyone thinks that might be (or not) and all I know is honoring my sobriety on a daily basis is something I do for him because without his support and love and teaching me the concept of the power of a made up mind, I never could have done this. I had tried and failed so many previous times.

Thank you for the link to LSRsafe. I wasn't able to log in BUT that sent me looking for more note cards and what I found  was an alceonsbc  gmail address and wondered if it was still good so tried getting in to that. And guess what I found there?

2,513 unread digests from LSRsafe! So hopefully replying to one of the messages will post to the group. 

Thanks again and take care :)

Love, Alceon
sbc 15 years + 2 days

MaryLouise3

May-4

Hi Alceon

Saw you finally made it and had many responses -- good to read you there. I hope others who have lost track of LSRSAFE pop up here or email Craig Whalley. That mailing list is another very safe and comforting place.

I'm still ill with flu and bronchitis so keeping this short. 

Love and take care

xMary

Danny2333

May-6

Glad you were able to figure it out. It was a bit confusing for me too. Hope all is well. Congrats on your 15 years of sobriety. I am around 10 years sober myself.

Danny

MaryLouise3

May-7

Good to see you here, Danny!