CWhalley

LifeRing Recovery

Hosted by CWhalley

LifeRing Recovery: a self-help alternative for recovery from alcoholism and other chemical dependency. Group support for abstinence from alcohol and “drugs” by empowering the sober self within you. Completely secular: no prayers, Higher Powers or Steps.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Rex's 2nd Time Around Volume 2   Sobriety/Recovery Journals

Started 8/31/12 by Rex (rcclark99); 30718 views.
gmurray43

12/2/17

Well, my appointment is next week.  I'll let you know.

Thanks

Gord

gmurray43

12/2/17

MaryLouise

As I said to Brian, I will keep you informed.

Thanks

Gord

gmurray43

12/2/17

Rex

Thanks for the concerns.  I will keep you informed.

Gord

mkh106

12/2/17

hi Rex,

thanks for your kind words. life without a dog is one thing, and life without this particular dog something a quite different thing again.

yes...the siblings getting together without the parents will be interesting to watch if we make that happen on any consistent basis. just as you say, not sure we like each other. there are five of us, so there are many different constellations and dynamics. at the moment we are still dealing with emptying out the condo my folks lived in and trying to sell it. and since four of us are well- off and one of us not, there are definitely vastly different interests in what kind of offer should be accepted.

all challenging, and i do find myself wanting to just check out of these processes at times and just throw my hands up and tell them to do what they want...but i haven't. yet.

i am thinking of you and the upcoming anniversary of your daughter's death. i hope you will be able to be surrounded by those who genuinely care and who you care about also.  

Rex (rcclark99)

12/13/17

Thank you margit,

Yes, I will never forget Christmas Eve of 2016. When I got the news that my daughter had committed suicide I was standing in line at a bakery to pick up some loaves of french bread that Judy had ordered for our Christmas Eve celebration that evening. I will have a lot of people around me who care about me and I thank you for your thoughts.

all challenging, and i do find myself wanting to just check out of these processes at times and just throw my hands up and tell them to do what they want...but i haven't. yet.

I understand that completely but my brother came and stayed overnight last night at our house and it went very well. Of course that was only two of us, not all four. Despite being brought up in the same home by the same two people it's sometimes amazes me how different we all are. The last few years political climate in the U.S. has certainly not helped to bring us together either bit it is what it is. So, I have not thrown up my hands yet but who knows when the time will come when I'm tempted to do just that.

Rex (rcclark99)

12/13/17

How are things gong these days, Gord?? Inquiring minds want to know. Hope you're well.

Rex (rcclark99)

12/13/17

Hi Mary,

I just wanted to let you know that my lifelong friend has received his new heart. His surgery began last Friday evening about 11:00 PM and lasted many hours. There were problems with excessive bleeding and he was kept in a drug induced coma because they didn't want to close up his chest until Sunday or Monday. So his chest was open for days. At last report he had been closed up and the heart was working well but he is stable but still in a coma. I am eagerly awaiting an update but his wife has her hands full right now so I just offer my support and wait for the news as it becomes available.

I did take a brief respite from reading but just started on an Eckhart Tolle's book "A New Earth" so I'll let you know how that goes. I hope your summer is going well and you're well and content. I think of you often.

Rex (rcclark99)

12/13/17

Yes!! I'm sure waking up sober every morning has to be a factor. As I've said before, when my father was my age he was only three years away from his second open heart bypass surgery so I'm doing what i can to stay relatively healthy. And I firmly believe walking a couple of miles a day can help. Anything is better than sitting with your butt on the couch watching mindless dribble on TV.

Happy Holiday Season to you and yours Brian!

MaryLouise3

12/14/17

Thanks Rex, I'm thinking of you. My beloved Great Dane had to be put down last week -- his larynx wasn't healing and he was suffering in the heat. He was only seven years old and the house feels so empty without him.

I'm working very hard on freelance writing assignments, not planning on much of a Xmas. I have been thinking about you and your daughter and hope this festive season is peaceful for you and Judy.

Brian (BrianB125)
Staff

12/14/17

Mary,

Sorry to hear about your dog.  The death of a pet is always hard, but a young one is even harder.

No heat problems here.  I'm sitting in West Virginia getting ready to go home and trying to build up my courage to go out and get the car ready.  It's about 30 degrees with 40 mph gusts and lots of blowing snow.  Fortunately, I don't have to try to heat up the barn today.

Getting ready to cook Christmas dinner at our house.  What started out as a relatively small group of about 8 has not increased to 12 or more.  But I like cooking, so this should be fun.

Good to hear you have lots of work, that helps.

Brian