CWhalley

LifeRing Recovery

Hosted by CWhalley

LifeRing Recovery: a self-help alternative for recovery from alcoholism and other chemical dependency. Group support for abstinence from alcohol and “drugs” by empowering the sober self within you. Completely secular: no prayers, Higher Powers or Steps.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Going Forward (with clarity)   Sobriety/Recovery Journals

Started 2/16/14 by Elsie (Elsiek); 46558 views.
LolaBug

May-25

Good morning, all! I've been lurking, but haven't posted in quite some time. Am thinking about starting a recovery journal of my own on here.

Brian, was the book you read called "Influenza"? Many years ago I read a book about the 1918/1919 pandemic and I think that was the title. I'd love to reread it now.

Brian (BrianB125)

May-25

Lola,

Starting a Journal is a great idea.

The book I read was "Flu" by Gina Kolata.  There are quite a few books out there on the flu, so there are lots to choose from.

Brian

LolaBug

May-26

Thanks; I'm going to look that up. Going to check when my town library will be open again. 

Elsie (Elsiek)

Jun-2

Feeling pretty low. 

a) We will never have peace on earth.

b) My dog keeps barking at night and I'm sleep deprived.

Of course I also have a lot to be grateful for but when I lie awake at night I give myself such a hard time. 

Just upset my daughter who now probably thinks I'm a racist because I failed to understand how everyone cutting online college classes for Blackout Tuesday would make a difference. It is an important show of solidarity, of course, and good that young people are motivated to make a stand. I just hadn't quite twigged what was happening. I have nothing to cut today. It doesn't mean I don't care. 

E x

MaryLouise3

Jun-2

Hi E, it's good your daughter feels so passionate about showing solidarity right now -- the pragmatic or effective value of many gestures and actions  is another issue altogether, isn't it? And I suspect many more [scary, horrible etc] things need to happen before there is any meaningful change.

I think of 3am as My Hour of Self-Loathing Before Dawn, if that is of any comfort.

xxMary

Elsie (Elsiek)

Jun-2

Thanks Mary

Been giving myself a hard time all day today as well. Sometimes I feel as if I am completely talentless- doing weddings usually gives me a boost as it is one thing I can do really well. 

The lockdown is definitely getting to me now.

Hope you are doing ok 

xxx