CWhalley

LifeRing Recovery

Hosted by CWhalley|lifering.org

LifeRing Recovery: a self-help alternative for recovery from alcoholism and other chemical dependency. Group support for abstinence from alcohol and “drugs” by empowering the sober self within you. Completely secular: no prayers, Higher Powers or Steps.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Going Forward (with clarity)   Sobriety/Recovery Journals

Started 2/16/14 by Elsie (Elsiek); 31143 views.
steverino63

Oct-25

Done. Posted to the Lifering Facebook group, the main one, the Lifering Facebook business page, and the Secular Sobriety Facebook group.

Steve

MaryLouise3

Oct-26

Thanks, Steve. What do you think of the new layout?

xMary

steverino63

Oct-28

I generally like it better, and I use multiple ad blockers plus Ghostery. ;)

MaryLouise3

Oct-29

Hah. Steve, what is Ghostery? I am always watching out for ways to protect privacy in case the spamming or snooping gets worse.

steverino63

Nov-1

Ghostery is a cookie-blocking add on. Fits all major Internet browsers.

MaryLouise3

Nov-2

Thanks, Steve, I'll have a look.

xMary

Elsie (Elsiek)

Nov-19

Hi Mary and everyone!

Been a while since I visited- yes, the new layout looks good! Felt a bit rubbish for a while but I'm just digging into my new routine. We are set to get planning to build in our garden- we have a third of an acre and we really can't manage it, although that rather begs the question of whether I/we can actually manage a building project. It is exciting though. I've been looking through the web pages of Extinction Rebellion, which blocked five bridges over the Thames on Saturday and consequently got a lot of exposure. The information on the site is, sadly, all too credible-that we are unlikely to restrict global warming to 1.5 c  and the catastrophic effects of a 2 c rise which is still a conservative estimate of where we are headed. I do fear for our children. But it has given me extra resolve to build our house to be as energy efficient as possible, with well planned solar panels and as many aspects of the passifhouse that we can muster. We do tend to have doors open for the dog, and I'm a big fan of fresh air, so we won't manage it completely. I have already resolved that I will use all the furniture we already have- and work the decor around it, which is a bit of a challenge aesthetically when moving from a centuries old thatch to a new build- but it creates a brief and a discipline. I'll be honest, I'm not quite up to lying down on Vauxhall Bridge in protest at the lack of government action, but if I can turn up in twinset and pearls with a folding chair and a box of flapjacks I might lend my support in future. The twinset and pearls being a fiction of course, but visiting the Facebook page made me wonder if dreadlocks and nose piercings are essential for supporters. I make light but actually I'm very very worried at our collective climate change denial. Our own gestures seem so small. And here Brexit seems to occupy every waking moment. I suspect it will ultimately feel like a pointless distraction from the bigger issues. And Macron is in my view right- we need a strong united Europe more than ever with Trump and Putin to contend with.

Hope all is well with you, and I sincerely hope your summer is not as dry and hot as your last one. 

E xx

MaryLouise3

Nov-19

Hallo, you! I'm dying to hear more and look at plans and pics, etc. There is such collective denial in the face of so many eco-crises and 'inexplicable' weather fluctuations that we all need to think about living differently. And joining protest marches.

We had rain at the end of winter, an unseasonal heatwave and then colder weather, no idea what's in store, worrying about wildfires in January. Planting herbs though and wild berry/nectar bushes for birds.

Good to see you here!

xMary