CWhalley

LifeRing Recovery

Hosted by CWhalley|lifering.org

LifeRing Recovery: a self-help alternative for recovery from alcoholism and other chemical dependency. Group support for abstinence from alcohol and “drugs” by empowering the sober self within you. Completely secular: no prayers, Higher Powers or Steps.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Newbie Intro    General Sharing

Started Dec-1 by LeslieAnne (LeslieK2019); 68 views.

[smile] 

I just wanted to ta a moment and introduce mysel. My name is Leslie, and I am a Colorado native, a mommy, a doggie mom, healthcare professiona, and  heroin addic as well as an alcoholic. After a little over 8 years of sobriety, I relapsed last year in November. 

Out here in the real world I don‘t have much social suppor, so I’m reaching out to online recovery information and activitoes to go through, as well as embedding myself into reputable and reliable support communities. 

After all that sober time I got too confident in my sobriety. My life was also falling apar: I was in a physically and emotionally abusive relationship. An ideal environment for a relapse to flourish! 

One year later, here I am. Out of the relationship, but still trying to figure myself out. I look forward to getting to know a of you, as well as lifting you up and supporting you when you need it.

Thanks for reading this far, have a fabulous rest of your weekend!

~Leslie 
smiley

??
Brian (BrianB125)
Staff

Dec-1

Leslie,

Great to see you here.  You've come to the right place for more support.  Many of us have struggled with alcoholism and relapses are often part of the journey.  The good news is that you can get through them and get back to sobriety.  Many of us have done it.  Getting over confident and getting into troubling personal situations is always a challenge, something we all have to face and learn how to deal with - but often easier said than done.

Keep coming back and letting us know how you are doing, we'd like to hear more about you.

Brian

MaryLouise3

Dec-3

Hi Leslie and welcome. I really like that Bukowski quotation!

xMaryLouise

Rex (rcclark99)

Dec-3

Hi Leslie and welcome to the forum.

I too had 10 years of sobriety several years ago and then really began to take it for for granted. That was a huge mistake of course. I returned to drinking and soon was drinking more than ever. That lasted for almost another ten years.

I found LifeRing and this forum nine years ago and after a couple of false starts I have just celebrated my ninth anniversary of sobriety.

I'm now thankful for every sober day and I will never take it for granted again. I know you should never say never but I'm comfortable in saying exactly that today.

Good luck. There are some great people here who helped me along the way and i still treasure their friendship and support even though we're separated by hundreds or thousands of miles.