CWhalley

LifeRing Recovery

Hosted by CWhalley

LifeRing Recovery: a self-help alternative for recovery from alcoholism and other chemical dependency. Group support for abstinence from alcohol and “drugs” by empowering the sober self within you. Completely secular: no prayers, Higher Powers or Steps.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

New to the group   Newly Sober/Clean

Started Oct-21 by Danny2333; 84 views.
Danny2333

Oct-21

I'm not actually newly sober, but I am new to the group. I am a little lost on where to start... Anyway, I am 37 years old, and I have been on Suboxone for over 10 years now. I was addicted to opiates off & on through my teenage years, drank almost everyday through my 20's, and in my late 20's got hooked on opiates & decided to start Suboxone treatment. I was/am very dedicated to staying clean & never had a relapse. I am now seeing a doctor that thinks it is best for me to get involved with a recovery group, so I thought it would be a great idea to get on here & start meeting some people! I also, at this point, feel like I am pretty seasoned on the subject of taking Suboxone. If anyone needs info, just let me know.

Brian (BrianB125)

Oct-22

Danny,

Welcome to the forum.  It's been a little slow lately, so it's good to see some new members.  Many of us have found groups like Life Ring a big help in our efforts to stop drinking.  For a start, you might want to look at some of the member's journals - they describe what we went through in trying to stop.    And if you could start a new group, that would be great.

Brian