CWhalley

LifeRing Recovery

Hosted by CWhalley

LifeRing Recovery: a self-help alternative for recovery from alcoholism and other chemical dependency. Group support for abstinence from alcohol and “drugs” by empowering the sober self within you. Completely secular: no prayers, Higher Powers or Steps.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

New to the group   Newly Sober/Clean

Started Oct-21 by Danny2333; 282 views.
Greeener

Nov-19

Hey Danny,

It’s pretty deadly for me that you wrote on here. I have been popping for 7 years total. I just had 44 days and was feeling good and relapsed... then went for another 2 months then had 2 weeks and relapsed again for a two months. I am currently on day 2 of withdrawals and it sucks as I’m sure you know but would be interested in hearing how you are doing and getting some tips from you to help me out. 

Danny2333

Dec-4

Greener

I'm so so so sorry it took so long to get back. I had some issues with my internet & CPU. Anyway, I'm still clean & good. I had several off & on moments when I was doing oxy and stuff too. I had a whole routine worked out for when I knew I was going to be in withdrawal for a while. Though, it seemed like nothing really helped. The only time I ever successfully quit, was when I started Suboxone. My brother had already just started with a Dr that prescribed it & he was doing great, so I decided to find my own Dr. You should really think about looking into it. You just find a Dr that can prescribe it, see them once a month to start & go from there. It's an expensive prescription, but there are also some clinics that can help if you don't have insurance or have insurance that doesn't cover it enough. Dude, I hope you are doing OK. I know how hard it is & how depressing it can get.

Brian (BrianB125)

Dec-5

Great to hear Greener.  Many of us have had to stop several time too - you just have to keep working on it,  And getting medical help is a big help too.  

Brian