CWhalley

LifeRing Recovery

Hosted by CWhalley

LifeRing Recovery: a self-help alternative for recovery from alcoholism and other chemical dependency. Group support for abstinence from alcohol and “drugs” by empowering the sober self within you. Completely secular: no prayers, Higher Powers or Steps.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Surfette returning   General Sharing

Started 12/3/19 by daisy20111; 3275 views.
daisy20111

12/3/19

Hey peeps. Returning here...day one again. Just met and started dating a new and special guy. Too many beers and I over text etc.  I almost lost him...so soon..

Saturday on the phone he said put down the beer and go to something productive

How did he know I had a beer in my hand at that moment..lordy!

Last night I texted too much again...and I know I may or may not hear from him soon. It's scary.

I'm at work and feel okay physically but emotionally really worried

MaryLouise3

12/4/19

Welcome back, daisy. That over-texting and  disinhibited stuff that messes with relationship sounds familiar and it was very much part of my life until I sobered up. If you stay sober, any new relationship may have problems but the factors associated with alcohol abuse won't be in play.

Keep posting and I hope things go well for you this week.

Mary Louise

daisy20111

12/4/19

Thanks Mary Louise,

Sooo nice to get a reply here. I wasn't successful at staying sober last night.

Had some wine, made a drawing of things related to him and sent a picture of it. Ugh. What was I thinking? 

I might not hear back from him, or it might be sad news if I do. He doesn't like feeling like I'm being obsessive..and I only proved I was.

At least this experience has made realize I cannot drink and be sane both.

Gonna keep trying

In reply toRe: msg 3
daisy20111

12/4/19

So my trigger time is right when I get home... when I was sober in the past, I'd log into the chat room at seven when people pop in.

So I'll need to figure out how to make it at least until then

Brian (BrianB125)

12/5/19

Daisy,

Many of us had to try many times to finally stop, you just have to keep on trying - which seems to be what you are doing.   There are some medications that can help with the cravings for alcohol, you might what to talk to a doctor about getting some.  Good luck and keep letting us know how you are doing.

Brian

daisy20111

12/5/19

Thanks Brian, yes I will keep on trying.

I really want this for me now so focussing on keeping in contact.

Was doing good last night until I got a call from a guy I'm dating. We worked through some stuff.

After the call I had beers. 

I'm okay, just keeping on trying.

alceon

12/6/19

Marylouise! Sorry to jump in in the middle of someone else's post but I'm hoping you're the Mary Louise I remember and if so, do you remember Alceon? I've been gone like forever and I have a special need now that finding my old thread here or on the LSRsafe list (which I couldn't find) might help me solve.

In short, the worst thing that could ever happen to me happened -- I lost my husband of 43 years after he suffered terribly -- and the only gppd thing to say is I'm still sober. And stayed sober through the whole ordeal because I don't know how I could have been there otherwise.

I'm selling our house because I couldn't live there anymore but I can't answer all the questions the realtor needs to know like how old is the roof? I have this sneaky suspicion I may have mentioned it in one of my messages here (in the Alceon's Insanity Journal thread) or over on Craig's LSRsafe list.

Can you help me find that thread? And tell me what happened to the LSRsafe list?

If you're not the Marylouise I'm hoping you are, maybe anyone else who sees this message and remembers Alceon can give me a shout.

Alceon
sbc since 042605

In reply toRe: msg 7
Brian (BrianB125)

12/6/19

Alceon,

I'll answer for Mary, she sometimes has a hard time getting on.  Sorry to hear about your husband, but glad you made it through without drinking.

Your folder is still here.  This new Delphi has some problems and finding old folders is one of them.  The easiest way to find it is to go up to the search button on the top right.  Click on the magnifying glass with the + sign on in.  Ask for messages from Alceon and the put in date in the "from" field - I think I put in 1917.  It will then appear in the search results on the left side of the page.

Brian

alceon

12/6/19

Hi Daisy -- just want to apologize for breaking into your thread above -- and to let you know that YOU CAN DO THIS. I know because I managed to break a 20+ year alcoholic problem.

You have to want it more than anything else in life -- which makes sense when you think about it because drinking -- at least for "us" -- destroys everything else in life. And I know you can do it because I did. My biggest secret was taught to me by my husband -- the power of a made-up mind -- that I will not drink no matter what.

Don't look at it as a forever thing -- just don't drink RIGHT NOW.  All those right nows slowly add up and you get stronger with every choice you make to not drink RIGHT NOW.

I know you can do this. There's no one in your life more important than YOU. And you deserve the sanity and clarity and joy of a sober life!

Love, Alceon
sbc (sober by choice)
day 5338

alceon

12/6/19

Thank you, Brian, for your kind message and also for info on how to find my old thread. I sure don't doubt this new Delphi has some problems -- I can't believe all the buttons that pop up when you click Reply. What happened to our good old plain almost text-only forums?!