CWhalley

LifeRing Recovery

Hosted by CWhalley

LifeRing Recovery: a self-help alternative for recovery from alcoholism and other chemical dependency. Group support for abstinence from alcohol and “drugs” by empowering the sober self within you. Completely secular: no prayers, Higher Powers or Steps.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Surfette returning   General Sharing

Started Dec-3 by daisy20111; 2644 views.
daisy20111

Jan-2

Mary Loise

I just saw this last mesaage now. Its morning here and I go back to work today.

I still have not accomplished another sober day so im now ready to up my efforts.

I really want it for myself now.

Please keep replying I'm not giving up.

Thanks

daisy20111

Jan-2

I have a couple stressors to deal with too.

Money stuff. Ill have to borrow from my mom to cover bills. She wont be happy but hsell help me. 

So i have that on my plate today..ugh

daisy20111

Jan-2

Okay so i forgot my lunch and had to turn around and go back home

While i was there i threw out the rest of the unopened beer..

I really want this

Brian (BrianB125)

Jan-3

Daisy

Good for you for throwing out the beer.  Stopping drinking is hard there is just no getting around that, and many of us had many tries before we finally managed it.  But we did, and if we did, you can too.  You just have to keep plugging away at it.

And learning to deal with stress is a big part of it.  I found that just mindless physical activity seems to help - mowing the yard or just going for a walk.  Lets my mind just wander around and calm down.

So, good luck and keep letting us know how you are doing.

Brian

daisy20111

Jan-3

Thanks Brian...i made it through the whole day and night too. Woohoo!

Next today and the dreaded Friday night too...but it helps to remind myself i threw out that beer yesterday.....theres a reason why for sure. 

So into day two i go...

Oh and btw....yes i agree physical activity super helps. I garden a ton and joined a gym a couple months ago

MaryLouise3

Jan-3

Happy New Year and may 2020 be your year of sobriety and happiness!

We had a lovely quiet time, the usual ups and downs with the news of terrible fires in Australia and friends not doing well, but I'm glad we're now into a new year with  no festive stress.

What could you do that might make 'stickability' easier? To have an email buddy? To join a LifeRing chatroom? You might think about joining the Safelist where there are  a number of members new to sober living.

And keep talking to us here, I would never give up on anyone. It took me many tries to get sober but the end result was worth it.

Hugs to you

xMaryLouise

daisy20111

Jan-3

Hiya Mary Louise

Yes i could participate in the chat group again. I still know some people from there.

It helps a lot to post here too. My guy was over last night and he asked if i wanted to drink. No came out of my mouth quickly so we didnt drink.

This morning he thanked me for supporting him not drinking...so sweet. But i let him know im supporting me not drinking...so its a win win.

We have a better time sober together too

Hugs and glad everyone's okay in Australia

MaryLouise3

Jan-4

That sounds great, Daisy -- reciprocal support and encouragement!

I'm not from Australia  but am horrified by the news of the destructive fires. For those of us living in the southern hemisphere, summers are always treacherous times with risk of drought or wildfires. I'm hoping 2020 is a less tumultuous year than last year.

Good to hear you know about the chatroom -- I also recommend the SAFElist for confidential mailing and  plenty of non-judgmental support and others who are new to sobriety.

Weekend again and I hope we all have a good one.

xMaryLouise

daisy20111

Jan-6

Thanks Mary Louise

I didnt make it through the weekend but am giving it another try today.

Im staying home because i didnt sleep well last night. 

MaryLouise3

Jan-8

Hi Daisy, hoping you're feeling better. And that today goes better for you on the sobriety front.

Don't give up on yourself, just keep persisting.

xMaryLouise