CWhalley

LifeRing Recovery

Hosted by CWhalley

LifeRing Recovery: a self-help alternative for recovery from alcoholism and other chemical dependency. Group support for abstinence from alcohol and “drugs” by empowering the sober self within you. Completely secular: no prayers, Higher Powers or Steps.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Hello, I’m Scout    Sobriety/Recovery Journals

Started Jul-14 by ScoutMc; 107 views.
ScoutMc

Jul-14

My name is Scout and I’m 92 days clean. I live in NC and I couldn’t find a F2F meeting without  driving five hours, so I’m trying this method. I’m a member of another recovery program and would like to supplement with Lifering. I found an online meeting that begins in a few hours and I’ve found myself excited! I love to learn and try new things, and at the age of 37 I can (usually) filter through the expensive and/or damaging ones.

Brian (BrianB125)

Jul-14

Welcome to the Forum Scout.  92 days is great.  Many of us came here because we could not find nearby meetings.  Keep coming back and letting us know how you are doing.

Brian

LolaBug

Jul-16

Welcome, Scout! 92 days is awesome -- three months! I only use online support groups now as I had some unpleasant experiences with f2f groups. I like this bunch of people!

Danny2333

Jul-16

Hi Scout!

Welcome, I'm Danny & I also came here as an alternative to other meetings. I am 38 & have been clean now for over 10 years (still taking Suboxone). Hope you enjoyed the online meeting. 

Good Luck

In reply toRe: msg 1
ScoutMc

Jul-19

Good morning!

I have found myself really looking forward to my days off. They have so much potential! Don’t get me wrong, I love my job, but it isn’t always fun with my shift partner. It’s almost like we speak two different languages. We have completely different backgrounds, beliefs, and thought patterns, so it leads to an uncomfortable 24 hour shift. We have both tried to explain ourselves and neither of us (I believe) feel like we’re heard. Like I said, different languages. The Chief is aware of the frustration and I’m suppose to have a chat with him this week. The way I see it, this is all good. In the past, I would have kept my frustration to myself until I exploded and no one would have known why. Now I’m trying to talk, explain, and compromise. First with my shift partner, then up the ladder as necessary. The mental struggle I have with this is finding the line between involving others to mitigate and the ability to deal with issues on my own. Thanks for reading my rant. Now, yard work before it’s too hot. 

ScoutMc

Jul-19

Ten years is amazing! I’m 37 myself. It’s nice to see someone else in my age group. 

Brian (BrianB125)

Jul-19

Scout,

Sounds like you are handling this situation really well, good luck.

Brian

LolaBug

Jul-22

Isn't it amazing what we can accomplish after we kick alcohol to the curb? So much time now that we're not scheming how and when we will drink, then being drunk, then recovering from drinking.

I am currently working on an afghan for my daughter's BFF, and sewing masks for my kids and their friends. 

Sometimes it seems there is now too much time, but I figure that just means I need more projects!

I hope you are doing well, Scout!