CWhalley

LifeRing Recovery

Hosted by CWhalley

LifeRing Recovery: a self-help alternative for recovery from alcoholism and other chemical dependency. Group support for abstinence from alcohol and “drugs” by empowering the sober self within you. Completely secular: no prayers, Higher Powers or Steps.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

New to LifeRing   General Sharing

Started Mar-8 by AnxiousBaker; 133 views.
AnxiousBaker

Mar-8

Hello All!

I am new to LR and this is my 483 day sober.  I have been doing this on my own outside any program with my significant other as my support person. (although I do use the AA coins as a daily reminder). I have been having some pretty tough challenges in my life recently and I find my self needing a helping hand from someone who better understands the challenges of sobriety.  I am "seeing" the need to reach out to someone I am not emotionally attached too.  I hope LR will help me find that connection.  I am hesitant still to jump on a zoom meeting but I think I'm close.  Just wanted to say hello. 

Respectfully.

Brian (BrianB125)

Mar-9

Welcome to the Forum Anxious, 483 days is great, and doing it on your own is impressive.  Being around other people also trying to stop is a big help.  From my experience, at over a year, you are over the worst of it but still have a ways to go.  You still need to work out ways of dealing with the normal - and abnormal - pressures of life without falling back on alcohol.  That just takes time and working on it.  You should also be seeing the benefits of not drinking - renewed interest in all the things you give up while drinking.  

So keep letting us know how you are doing and asking anything you want to know about.

Brian