CWhalley

LifeRing Recovery

Hosted by CWhalley

LifeRing Recovery: a self-help alternative for recovery from alcoholism and other chemical dependency. Group support for abstinence from alcohol and “drugs” by empowering the sober self within you. Completely secular: no prayers, Higher Powers or Steps.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

WHERE IS EVERYONE???   General Sharing

Started Mar-12 by alceon; 286 views.
alceon

Mar-12

OMG  I know I haven't been around for awhile and maybe I've forgotten how to navigate this group but it really looks to me like in the last week there's been like one other message besides mine today -- and I googled Yahoo Groups and I find out Yahoo Groups are GONE????? LSRsafe is gone? 

Is there anyone out there?! And what happened to LSRsafe and all my friends there? 

Alceon
sbc 5800 days today

• Edited March 12, 2021 3:52 pm  by  alceon
In reply toRe: msg 1
Brian (BrianB125)

Mar-13

Hi Alceon,

Yes, it's been very slow here for the last 6 months or so.  Don't know the reason, maybe this forum is just too old fashioned.   And I think I remember a post about Yahoo groups closing down about a year ago.  Mary may know what happened to LSRsafe.

Brian

alceon

Mar-13

Oh, Brian, thank you so much for replying! What a sad way to celebrate my birthday which i don't do anyway with dh gone. 

This makes me so sad -- this was such a dynamic place when I really needed it and I can't believe being "old-fashioned" should drive people away. That would actually attract me, being an old-fashioned gal in more ways than one. And it seems like having many different paths to recovery is a very good thing.

Does Mary still poke her nose in from time to time? I saw her thread had unanswered messages and that was from a week ago or more.

One of the things I liked best about this group and LSRsafe was there were so many people who were all on the same path and I could just pop in anytime and there was always an "old friend" who answered. And now I worry about people I knew there and here and one or two from both places like Mary.

And what about Craig? 

And most important, what about you? Are you doing ok? I sure want to thank you for answering my post. 

Love, Alceon
sbc day 5801

In reply toRe: msg 3
Brian (BrianB125)

Mar-13

Alceon,

Mary still drops in, her problem is that she often has a hard time connecting to Delphi.  Craig is still around but he was never active much on the forum.  I don't know what the problem is, but we just don't seem to get many newcomers who stick around to become regulars - and the old regulars are just getting older and seem to be moving on to new interests.

I'm doing well.  I too don't usually celebrate birthdays, but turning 75 was awesome, it seems like I turned 40 just a few years ago.

Brian

alceon

Mar-13

Brian (BrianB125) said:

It seems like I turned 40 just a few years ago

Haha. Me too but the calendar disagrees and says I'm 68 today. But then what do calendars know?!

Still here because I was reading some way old posts and remembering the names of so many people who were active when I first really needed the help in maintaining sobriety. 

And I remember now about Mary having trouble getting online. And that Craig was never very active here but it sure seems like he was the backbone of LSRsafe -- I sure hope Mary gets online or someone else who knows about LSRsafe because I really hope it continues somewhere.

Alceon

MaryLouise3

Mar-16

Hi Alceon. always happy to see you -- I've been snowed under with work and have to save computer memory so not popping in much at the moment.

The LSR Safelist is going well -- just email Craig and he'll tell you how to get in.

https://lifering.groups.io/g/LSRsafe/topics

More when I have a minute or two of free time

All love -- tomorrow I shall be 14 years sober!

xMary

alceon

Mar-16

Oh Mary! Thank you so much for replying! And super HUGE CONGRATULATIONS on 14 years sober!! That is so cool!

Thanks for the email to Craig. I couldn't believe the group could be gone. 

Love, Alceon

In reply toRe: msg 7
MaryLouise3

Mar-18

Saw your post and pleased I could help -- that Safelist group is growing and remarkable place to hang out. I read but don't often post, again computer problems.

Always so good to hear from you, Alceon

MaryLouise

fretlessmike

Apr-6

It looks like many people have moved over to reddit.    Check out https://www.reddit.com/r/stopdrinking/

Brian (BrianB125)

Apr-7

Yes, it seems a much more active group.