CWhalley

LifeRing Recovery

Hosted by CWhalley

LifeRing Recovery: a self-help alternative for recovery from alcoholism and other chemical dependency. Group support for abstinence from alcohol and “drugs” by empowering the sober self within you. Completely secular: no prayers, Higher Powers or Steps.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Rex's 2nd Time Around Volume 2   Sobriety/Recovery Journals

Started 8/31/12 by Rex (rcclark99); 27403 views.
Rex (rcclark99)

Oct-20

Thanks for your reply, Brian. Aside from the PSC and Bacteremia episodes I am doing well. But every time  I’m hospitalized with sepsis it sets me back several weeks with extreme fatigue, and lack of strength and endurance. 

i still have my show cars which are always an outlet for creativity and energy and of course money. They will be put away shortly for the winter but I can plan for changes and additions next spring. 

I’m glad you enjoyed Hamilton. I haven’t seen it yet but many of my friends have and enjoyed it.

Are you still welding? And enjoying it. 

I go to my family business about 20 hours a week when able to which gives me structure and purpose and gives me a chance to interact with my two surviving kids on a regular basis. That’s a true blessing for me.

Once again thanks for the post. When these medical issues start piling up I do have a tendency to feel sorry for myself. 

mkh106

Nov-4

oof, Rex, those sepsis episodes and the condition just sound so very draining, and i’m sorry to hear of it. also sounds like you have top notch medical care, so that is reassuring.

i had to laugh at your comment about your Democrats being too far to the “left”: up here, they would be most closely akin to the Conservatives, and considered quite far “right”.

greetings,

Margit

MaryLouise3

Nov-12

Hi Rex

I've had the usual ongoing computer problems but have been able to follow you on FB, hoping for the best with that battle with sepsis. I love pics of your  glossy show cars!

Here we're having a good summer so far, watching the Australian bush fires in horror because  we usually have our fires at the same time and  it is very early in the season for NSW or Queensland to be facing such devastation. Work is slow but steady enough and I am busy working in the garden most days, sorry not to have a chance to travel down to the coast this year (too expensive to take a holiday). My small dogs are well and  all is reasonably peaceful in the countryside for now. Reading, listening to music and cooking in a wood-burning hearth!

All love to you and Judy

xMary

Rex (rcclark99)

Nov-13

Judy and I drove back to Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN late last week and was there for three days. I had a PET Scan for the first time and although there were a couple of spots they want to check out it looks like right now there are no signs of liver or pancreatic cancer so we're thankful for that. I have joined a couple of forums for PSC patients and feel very grateful for not being diagnosed much earlier. Some folks are going through hell with this disease at ages as young as 10.

As far a politics are concerned, I am so turned off by the whole thing that I don't even watch the news anymore. All of the news networks just hammer home their agenda and I frankly don't believe anything I see on tv.

Thank you for your reply. I'm glad your still around.

Rex (rcclark99)

Nov-13

Hi Mary,

It's always great to hear from you whenever possible. Yes the cars are put away for the winter which has come early and viciously to the midwestern United States. We have snow on the ground and have had 2-3 snowfalls already and record low temps for the date recently.

In the last 6 weeks Judy has become a great-grandmother on two separate occasions so she is quite thrilled about that. All was well with mothers and babies in both instances. And I will become a great grandfather for the fourth time next month. All of mine live several hundred miles away so I seldom see them except on FB.

Glad the dogs are good. Our housemates (three cats) are all well too.

Love to you on the other side of world.

cookly

Nov-13

Hi Rex, sorry you have to endure illness and all those tests and hospital visits. I hate that for you, but sounds like there are bright spots in your life too. 

birdtulip Rae. 

Rex (rcclark99)

Nov-13

Thank you for your response Rae. I have and have had a wonderful life. 

Yes, I’m going through Issues with my health but we all do. Nothing is perfect but my life is and has been an adventure everyday.

i have recently joined two PSC forums on Facebook, one of which is a closed group and its made me realize how much worse it could be. There are folks much worse off than me and some as young as 10 years old. I am extremely lucky to have not been diagnosed until late in life. As I look back on things I think the disease has been present for at least 10-12 years but not as serious as over the last 2-3 years. The average age of diagnosis of Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis seems to be about 40-50 years of age and while rare worldwide seems to be more prevalent in Northern Europe and Scandinavian countries. I’ll just continue to live my life and make the best of everyday. Fatigue is a problem as is being constantly on guard for recurring bouts with sepsis but I am getting pretty good at recognizing early symptoms of those so I go to the hospital as soon as I feel one coming on.

Thank you again for your thoughts. I hope your day is wonderful........mine is.