CWhalley

LifeRing Recovery

Hosted by CWhalley

LifeRing Recovery: a self-help alternative for recovery from alcoholism and other chemical dependency. Group support for abstinence from alcohol and “drugs” by empowering the sober self within you. Completely secular: no prayers, Higher Powers or Steps.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Michael's Sobriety Journal   Sobriety/Recovery Journals

Started Feb-12 by Michaelfc23; 133 views.
MaryLouise3

Feb-13

Good to see you were able to start your journal, Michael!

Much of what you write sounds familiar from my own experiences in my 20s. 'I'm thinking about the phrase 'wearing thin' because most of my relationships while drinking -- and much of the drinking was secretive -- were strained and erratic because I would say things I did mean when drunk, lie about not keeping appointments or arrangements, make excuses for embarrassing behaviour. Gradually those close to me began to pull away to protect themselves. I didn't see it at the time, of course.

MaryLouise

Brian (BrianB125)

Feb-13

Great start to the journal, Michael.

As one of my doctors has told me several times, alcoholism is a progressive disease - it gets worse over time.  And as the body ages, it loses it's ability to process alcohol.  What you could get away with in your 20, you can't in your 40s, and even less in your 60s.

Brian