Live on Delphi

Hosted by Cstar1

A Delphi forum for discussing breaking news, memes, various topics of interest. From the serious to the silly, we discuss the top stories in the news, on Twitter, and in your social media world. Every day, a different story.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussion

Fake News   Discussions

Started 11/18/16 by Cstar1; 5040 views.   View Article

There was no way to report those ads I screenshot. So I posted it on his page. REPORTED!

Cstar1
Host

11/20/16

I know a good place for that article.

From the NYT article

He added,[Mr. Tucker] “I’m also a very busy businessman and I don’t have time to fact-check everything that I put out there, especially when I don’t think it’s going out there for wide consumption.”

And there you have it. This is the mind set of many citizens, the world over. As humans our need to communicate out weighs our need for accuracy. We can call it opinion, gossip, innuendo... when 'main stream media' does it they are held accountable. When tabloids do it they can be challenged in court. But when one guy with a measly 40 followers does it... no big deal, right?

Wrong?

Yes the onus is on the reader to check those facts before spreading more untruths but what is the liability of the original poster?

Cstar1
Host

11/21/16

Kidmagnet said:

but what is the liability of the original poster?

I don't know about the liability, but the responsibilities are: 1. If it's satire, label it as such. 2. If it's rumor, innuendo, or gossip, label it as such. 3. If it's propaganda... go to hell. :)

Cstar1
Host

11/21/16

Cstar1
Host

11/23/16

Check out this outstanding work-in-progress of ways to defeat fake news:

In reply toRe: msg 17
Cstar1
Host

11/24/16

In reply toRe: msg 18