Live on Delphi

Hosted by Cstar1

A Delphi forum for discussing breaking news, memes, various topics of interest. From the serious to the silly, we discuss the top stories in the news, on Twitter, and in your social media world. Every day, a different story.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Normalizing Ugly - Oh, Hell No!   Discussions

Started 12/20/16 by Cstar1; 280 views.   View Article
Cstar1

12/20/16

A & E is reportedly producing a documentary series (read: reality show) about the KKK. The new series “Generation KKK" burrows in with high-ranking Klan members and their families. Stop this.

• Edited December 20, 2016 10:03 am  by  Cstar1
In reply toRe: msg 1

I wonder how many will watch and how many of those complaining about it will watch? Curiosity gets to people.

Hopefully this does not normalize - I mean how many average peeps are walking around acting like a Jersey House Wife or a Kardashian? Mind you - I was already shocked at how many voted for Trump... so YIKES.

Cstar1
Host

12/20/16

I have no intention of watching.

A&E used to be a good network, they actually showed arts and entertainment programming. Now they'll show anything that will make them a quick buck.

Cstar1
Host

12/24/16

That didnt take long: the show has been cancelled. First they tried renaming it to Escaping the KKK, but then supposedly A&E found out producers had paid KKK members for access. Which is supposedly against their ethics for documentaries. I think they realized the oublic wasnt going to let them get away with this one.

• Edited December 24, 2016 5:22 pm  by  Cstar1
In reply toRe: msg 4
Cstar1 said:

supposedly A&E found out producers had paid KKK members for access.

Nice... says a lot about reality tv

Cstar1
Host

12/25/16

I hate reality tv, to be honest. It goes hand in hand with fake news.