Live on Delphi

Hosted by Cstar1

A Delphi forum for discussing breaking news, memes, various topics of interest. From the serious to the silly, we discuss the top stories in the news, on Twitter, and in your social media world. Every day, a different story.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Earth Day 2018   Discussions

Started Apr-23 by Cstar1; 390 views.   View Article
Cstar1

Apr-23

"Join Earth Day Network on Earth Day 2018 - April 22 - to help end plastic pollution. Plastic is threatening our planet's survival, from poisoning and injuring marine life to disrupting human hormones, from littering our beaches and landscapes to clogging our streams and landfills. Together, we can make a difference." - earthday.org

• Edited April 23, 2018 9:19 am  by  Cstar1
In reply toRe: msg 1
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Apr-24

In reply toRe: msg 2
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Apr-24

In reply toRe: msg 3
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Apr-24

This is awesome - the onus for change is always placed on the consumer and that bugs me. It’s the slowest route to real change. 

Cstar1
Host

Apr-25

love the idea of eliminating straws - seems like cup tops with a small spout (like sippy cups mentioned elsewhere) are the answer. Compostable ones. 

Thanks for looking up the articles. 

In reply toRe: msg 5
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Apr-25

I do too however I am tired of hearing and seeing all the advice given to the consumer when everywhere we go we are drowning in plastic!

Bring your reusable bags only becomes effective when plastic bags have to be asked and paid for. I still see lots of people using them though so the next step logically is to remove them all together. I think pressure needs to be put on the manufactures to seek out alternatives, the businesses to purchase from alternative sources and the public to demand it.

In reply toRe: msg 6
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Apr-25

Kid (Kidmagnet) said:

Shoppers demanding Tesco use less unnecessary packaging staged a 'plastic attack

Politest protest ever lol

Showtalk
Staff

Apr-25

I like to bring my own bags, but they become a hotbed for bacteria.  They need to be washed, which wastes water.  There is no perfect answer.

Showtalk
Staff

Apr-25

An article from a contrarian

In reply toRe: msg 9
Showtalk
Staff

Apr-25

And this.  Read the comments.  Paper cups and lids leak, paper straws fall apart before a drink is finished and leave a soggy mess in the cup.

http://www.starbucksmelody.com/2017/12/10/think-idea-paper-straws-starbucks/