Live on Delphi

Hosted by Cstar1

A Delphi forum for discussing breaking news, memes, various topics of interest. From the serious to the silly, we discuss the top stories in the news, on Twitter, and in your social media world. Every day, a different story.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Bringing Up Hate   Discussions

Started Jan-21 by Cstar1; 880 views.   View Article
Cstar1
Host

Jan-23

Showtalk said:

Actually, that is not what happened.

Here are the facts:

The students were bused by their (religious) school to the Right to Life (political) march. Many of them wore MAGA (political) hats and other clothing. 

They were harassed by a small group of Black Hebrew Israelites, an extremist group known for their outrageous statements. (Where were the students' chaperones?)

The students responded by loudly instituting school "cheers" to drown out the BHI.

The Native American elder, coming from the Indigenous People's March saw the students being harassed, and in an effort to diffuse the situation, advanced to interject himself between the two groups. (Where were the students' chaperones?)

The students surrounded the NA elder and his small group, and mocked and harassed him. They jeered, sneered, and were about as obnoxious as you would expect of a group of teenage boys - who were clearly not being supervised in any meaningful way. (Where were the students' chaperones?)

The NA elder has stated that he was afraid, but kept chanting in the belief that it would calm the waters. The boy who stood in his face with a sneer on his lips also claimed to be afraid, and (in a professionally prepared PR statement) said he was trying to diffuse the situation. 

I've watched all the video that's been posted. I've read dozens of news stories about what happened - from all sorts of outlets. Indeed, I posted much of it in the Live Story on Saturday. 

These students were not innocent. They were mocking of a Native American elder, his chanting, and his dancing, and behaved obnoxiously at every turn. All they had to do, was turn and walk away. They chose not to do that. 

In reply toRe: msg 20
Cstar1
Host

Jan-23

Showtalk
Staff

Jan-23

Cstar1
Host

Jan-24

In reply toRe: msg 23
Cstar1