Resources -  Diet Friendly Options (119 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 8) 

10 Chain Restaurants that offer diet friendly options...only a couple places on this list in my area but Applebees is one and I love their Thai Shrimp Salad i get that almost every time I go there  

https://www.sparkpeople.com/blog/blog.asp?post=10_diet_friendly_restaurants_stay_on_track_when_youre_onthego&utm_campaign=coschedule&utm_source=facebook_page&utm_medium=SparkPeople

Reply   Options 

To: AudreyInCa DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 8) 
 416.2 in reply to 416.1 

Ooo, I have all but two of these places in my area. Thx for sharing!

From: SA (silentarbor) DelphiPlus Member IconMay-17 8:09 PM 
To: AudreyInCa DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 8) 
 416.3 in reply to 416.1 

Thanks!  We Subway, Panera, and Applebee's here.  Rarely go to Panera even though I love it.  dh doesn't like it much.  He prefers Subway.  There I order the BLT salad with spinach.  I love the Asian grilled chicken salad and Applebee's but have to take some of it home.  Not all that healthy and it's huge!

To: SA (silentarbor) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 8) 
 416.4 in reply to 416.3 

You're welcome...i'm glad you guys are finding these article useful!

To: AudreyInCa DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 8) 
 416.5 in reply to 416.1 

My nutritionist mentioned Sparkpeople, but I haven't investigated it yet.

As I mentioned previously, my issue is sodium.  My daughter took me out to Red Robin a few weeks ago.  One of their signature dishes is the onion ring tower.  I love their onion rings!  But I was able to restrain myself and settled for the "short" tower.  Kiddo looked up the Na content of the short tower.  Over 3000 mg!!  That's twice my allowed daily allotment!!

I almost felt like I had been ambushed.

:-) 

To: The Moth (Cecropian)  (6 of 8) 
 416.6 in reply to 416.5 

Sodium is a hard one for me too and I don't usually ad salt to anything after cooking but I notice a lot of stuff that I eat has too much sodium so i've been trying to do better about that. Lots more fresh fruits and veggies.  I have used Sparkpeople since 2012 and i love it...it not only keeps track of my calories but also sodium, fiber, potassium, etc.  You should check it out

From: Lyndy (Lyndy7) DelphiPlus Member IconMay-18 10:15 AM 
To: AudreyInCa DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 8) 
 416.7 in reply to 416.1 

This discussion has appeared in today's Delphi Daily News ~ Join in! http://forums.delphiforums.com/news1/messages/?msg=2891.1

From: Bike (URALTOURIST1) DelphiPlus Member IconMay-23 11:39 AM 
To: The Moth (Cecropian)  (8 of 8) 
 416.8 in reply to 416.5 

Do some further readings on CURRENT reports and medical analysis of salt and diet!  The amount of salt desired is now considerably relaxed from what it was just 10 years ago when 1500 mg a day was considered a goal for cardiac reasons.  Some are saying up to 3500-4500 mg a day is not at all bad unless some special needs or conditions intervene.

Personally, I use very little but do not stint when the salt monster calls, I salt watermelon, popcorn, and fried eggs but little else.  Funny story; when I moved to my current location, I had to throw out the box of salt I had as it was discolored with age, been on the shelf for about 10 years.

Warren

USCG Engineer 1961-1982

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.