Resources -  Is Your Scale Lying to You? (50 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 3) 

As a person who weighs myself daily I am learning there are some times when it's just not going to be accurate. Here are 7 times to ignore the scale

https://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/motivation_articles.asp?id=1951

Reply   Options 

To: AudreyInCa DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 3) 
 494.2 in reply to 494.1 

Good article. I think I gained a pound last week because I started my period because it's gone again. I like this article too that was referenced in the one you posted. 

https://www.sparkpeople.com/blog/blog.asp?post=10_signs_you_are_getting_healthier_even_if_the_scale_doesnt_move

A lot of these things are true for me in this article which makes me feel good because then maybe I am getting healthier even if the scale isn't moving tons. 

To: marie200ff  (3 of 3) 
 494.3 in reply to 494.2 

Oh that is a good one too...yes I try not to weigh myself at all during "that" week cause I know i'll always have water retention.  You know at the end of the day getting healthier and living longer is really what's most important. There are a few things I can identify with in your article too. Especially the go the extra step...when the trainer first told me warm up with 5 mins on the elliptical I was stressed cause normally i can barely do 3 mins and my legs are killing me.  In 4 weeks time I have worked myself up to 10 mins...i was so excited Saturday when I pushed myself and made 10 minutes.  

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.