Bill Condie (PBG)

MacWinDOS: The Cross-Platform Forum

Hosted by Bill Condie (PBG)

The title says it all . . . it's about Macs, Linux & Windows in all flavors, internet security, whatever -- and we love emulation too! It is not a place to chat about the weather or the social scene :-)

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Today's Emulation   General

Started Oct-15 by Bill Condie (PBG); 210 views.
Bill Condie (PBG)

Oct-15

Seems like only yesterday that Making Your PC ThInk It's a Mac was the ultimate  and the Lauri-enhanced Basilisk the greatest,

If I get the energy I'll write a follow-up. For starters here's a screenshot of Parallels Desktop:

Windows 7 on top (I don't like Windows 10), Catalina in the background, One click makes Windows go full screen, running Quark, Visual Page, Photoshop and CuteFTP. 

I could have installed a clean Windows off a  DVD. But Parallels let me copy it off a Dell and import it, complete with programs!!!

And you can copy and paste between the two! At one point I had two monitors up, with Windows on one, Mac on the other

asyop

Oct-16

How young and innocent I look on your MacWinDOS page! And I even had hair! Haha! My future wife took that picture. It's not that obvious, but I had taken a few beers -- which would explain the silly but subtle grin on my face :)

Lauri

In reply toRe: msg 2
Bill Condie (PBG)

Oct-16

Some of my best pages were done then while in the outer limits. 

There used to be a great Finnish bar in Lantana. All gone.

Meanwhile I had forgotten all about VirtualBox

In reply toRe: msg 2
Bill Condie (PBG)

Oct-19

Ah, the good old days

asyop

Oct-30

Marc did a great job. I was glad to be able to help him! Haha!

Lauri

PS
If you think that you got of the hook, think again! I'm a Finn, remember, stubborn. Someday I will squeeze the facts out of you, what really happened in Argentine!
asyop

1:11 AM

I have seen both of these motion pictures and they were very, very good ...  except the obvious Hollywood clichés and imagination, I can live with that :)

And actually I cannot deny it, those small dramatizations only made the story enjoyable ...

But still, I am always much more interested in real-life stories :) People have seen so much, and so many stories are left untold ...

In my experience, people seem to think that their own stories are "boring" -- and that is one of the many reasons they hesitate to tell what happened. But I think that the stories seem to be boring only because they know them already! In the ears of the other people, who knows how interesting they might be!

Ok, enough of that ...

Lauri

In reply toRe: msg 8

Speaking of emulation, here's a project you might be interested in: https://sourceforge.net/projects/cockatrice/

Someone is porting Christian's original Basilisk II version (.8) over to modern systems, including Windows, and adding features along the way.  Basically what you did 22 years ago!  

asyop

2:29 AM

I noticed this Cockatrice project years ago and I read his blog. Which was interesting! But it seemed to me that he put the project on hold. And now after following the link you provided, it looks like he or someone else is actively continuing the project ?!?! Thanks for that information, made my day! I don't have the energy to look into what they are currently doing, I mean the details. No doubt I'll do that sooner or later.

Lauri