Bill Condie (PBG)

MacWinDOS: The Cross-Platform Forum

Hosted by Bill Condie (PBG)

The title says it all . . . it's about Macs, Linux & Windows in all flavors, internet security, whatever -- and we love emulation too! It is not a place to chat about the weather or the social scene :-)

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Hello????   General

Started Oct-15 by Bill Condie (PBG); 527 views.
Bill Condie (PBG)

Oct-15

Hope all is well. I miss your trips to Florida!!

I thought I'd alert you to the little action we're having here.

Tinksmum

Oct-16

So do we! (Miss our trips) We're hanging in there, all ok. Good to hear from you as always.

Really enjoying the Basilisk II forum on MacIntosh Garden!

asyop

Oct-19

Tinksmum, hello :) I think that I remember you from the old forum days! Does your first name start with the letter "J"? I don't think that we talked much tho (?) but you were there :)

Hmm, has Delphi done some kind of face-lift recently, everything looks so different. Seems a bit buggy still, I'm having problems making proper paragraph changes. Everything I write is cluttered unless I copy/paste someone else's text and then replace the text! That is a bit too much to do in the long run. What is the secret? Haha!

Lauri.

In reply toRe: msg 3
Bill Condie (PBG)

Oct-19

They are weird. What level of membership  do you have?

Cut 'n' paste is even weirder. You may be here:

Your forum is currently set to zeta mode. This is the latest release of Delphi's interface. There's still ongoing development with releases approximately every 10 days. For the latest release notes, or if you have suggestions, feedback or find bugs you'd like to report, please visit the Zetabeta forum.

asyop

Oct-19

I don't know about my membership level ... must be something very basic. In any case I have never paid anything for it since I created it long time ago ...

But now the formatting and layout seem to better, maybe they fixed it ... or then again, maybe I previously goofed somehow. A good thing anyway, I was getting irritated. When I write something I want it to be easily readable for other people. As a newspaperman, you surely understand that. Haha!

Lauri

In reply toRe: msg 5
asyop

Oct-19

Btw, I seem to remember that there were some talk about Delphi vs Facebook. I also cannot stand FB, but maybe the downfall of Delphi was the financial troubles they had? I remember when they had to temporarily close down these forums ... I was heartbroken, all our old discussions disappeared ... and a couple of years later, the forums were restored! Could it be that this caused  a permanent loss of market share ...

Do I remember this correctly?

Lauri

PS
Well. Now the proper spacing between the paragraphs is all wrong again, at least in the preview. I'm missing something.

PPS
No, now I get it. It is not enough anymore to hit the "return" key, I need to click the new red arrow button! Life is good again :)

Btw, isn't it funny, the term "carriage return"? It makes me remember the time when hitting that key started a motor and the room shaked when the carriage actually "returned" back to the beginning of the next line :)

In reply toRe: msg 6
Bill Condie (PBG)

Oct-19

Copy /n' Paste is my favorite.

Do you see ads? If so, your are free.

I am on discontinued DelphiExtra which was grandfathered in for me.

asyop said...

I remember when they had to temporarily close down these forums ... I DONT REMEMBER THAT  THERE WAS A PROBLEM PERION BETWEEN TEXT AND GUI.   GUNTER ON HOST'S FORUM HAS ALL THE ANSWERS

In reply toRe: msg 3
Tinksmum

Oct-19

"J" I am. Amazing memory. So good to be hearing from/about you again.

Don't know how to manage the formatting issues, yet. I learned the hard way to always enter anything of length in some kind of text editor then paste in the finished product. Too much "crashing" and when I have to start over I can never word things as well the second time.

Jennifer

In reply toRe: msg 6

I think the concept of an "internet forum" is pretty outdated now, sadly.  The new Internet is mostly focused on algorithms and social media blasts.  Too bad, too bad. 

The Internet used to better!

asyop

Oct-20

I understand what you mean ... but maybe the forms are outdated *only* if we let it be so?

What do we care, let those 1-2-3 billion people "enjoy" their ridiculous FB? Isn't it just as nice to have an occasional chat with much fewer people!

It is the quality that matters, not quantity! Haha!

Lauri