PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Right standing with GOD #11   T. Austin Sparks

Started Oct-10 by PAULFROMNYS; 32 views.
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-10

Were you made a Christian by some other people? Were you born again because some people “borned” you again? No, if you’re a true child of God you say, “No, God did it. Whatever God used, it was God who did it.” And what is the Church? It’s only the body of those who have been born again.

You cannot form New Testament churches. They have to be born. They have to come in spontaneously by a work of the Spirit of God. But Christianity says, “We must have a church here, and we must have a church there.” Well, that’s what they did in Israel. In every city they set up a synagogue which was a carrying on of the temple service. The synagogue in every city pointed to the temple in Jerusalem and they said, “This is a representation of that”. So you have synagogues everywhere. Christianity has taken on that idea. Well, I think I’ve said enough about that.

In reply toRe: msg 1
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-10

We’re talking about this tremendous change that came with Jesus Christ. Do you remember when He was speaking to the woman of Samaria, He, with her, brought in one of these fundamentals: “not - but”. There was a point in His conversation where He referred to spiritual things - shall I say: religious things - that’s how she thought of it. And she said, “Sir, I perceive you are a prophet”. Very clever... trying to switch the thing off from herself to something else: “Oh, I see this is a religious man. Alright, I can talk religion... ‘I perceive that you’re a prophet, our fathers worship God in this mountain’” pointing to Mount Gerazim where the Samaritan temple was. “You Jews say that men ought to worship God in Jerusalem” meaning the temple in Jerusalem.

In reply toRe: msg 2
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-10

What did Jesus say? “Woman, believe Me, the hour cometh and now is, when not in Samaria, nor in Jerusalem...” Not... nor... but! Not, but. “God is Spirit: and they that worship God must worship Him in spirit and in truth.” The hour now is! The great transition has come. The great crisis of history is here and the change is: not all that system at all, but now and onward, a spiritual order.

In reply toRe: msg 3
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-10

Not... But

An hour of great change in the whole history of things: the transition from the whole historic Jewish system, to Christ. Paul puts this very thing into another word, he says, “The things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.” This temple in Samaria is temporal, it is earthly and it will go. This temple in Jerusalem is temporal and earthly and it will go. And it did go! It has gone. But the things which are not seen are eternal.

Dear friends, we have been brought into a great heavenly order which is not seen on this earth. We know that we are in something that is not of this world.

In reply toRe: msg 4
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-10

Now we follow over into the New Testament. In this letter to the Hebrews, we shall presently come upon a wonderful gathering up of this great truth. In chapter 12 verses 18 to 24 you have one of the greatest instances of “not - but”. Let us look at it.

“For ye, ye are not come unto a mount that might be touched, and that burned with fire, and unto blackness, and darkness, and tempest, and to the sound of a trumpet, and the voice of words; which voice they that heard entreated that no word more should be spoken unto them; for they could not endure that which was enjoined, If even a beast touch the mountain, it shall be stoned; and so fearful was the appearance, that Moses said, I exceedingly fear and quake...” 

In reply toRe: msg 5
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-10

All that comes under the “not”; “ye are not”. Verse 22 begins with “but”!

But ye are come unto mount Zion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to innumerable hosts of angels, and to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, and to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaketh better than that of Abel.”

If you put a line under “not - but” there you have this tremendous change from Sinai to Zion. At Sinai the whole earthly system came in for Israel and now that is at an end and a new heavenly system has come in. Have you realized that one Israel has given place to another?

In reply toRe: msg 6
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-10

Have you realized that a thing has happened that Jesus said would happen? Jesus said to the rulers of Israel, “The kingdom of heaven shall be taken away from you and shall be given to a nation bringing forth the fruit thereof.” That is, bringing forth heavenly fruit.

The big conflict over this, as you know, is represented in Paul’s letter to the Galatians. That letter is another letter of the great transition. It is the fruit of what the apostle Paul had seen when he saw Jesus Christ. Paul said, “It pleased God to reveal His Son in me” and when Paul saw Jesus Christ as God revealed Him, it changed his entire conception of things. What nothing else in all this universe would have done - that is, make Saul of Tarsus, the rabid Jew, a minister of Jesus Christ - nothing in this universe would have done that but he saw Jesus Christ and he saw what Jesus Christ means in the eternal system of God. And that did this very thing.

In reply toRe: msg 7
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-10

So we come to this letter to the Galatians chapter 3, verses 7, 9, and 29. What is Paul saying there? “They which be of faith in Jesus Christ are Abraham’s seed...” Oh, what a change! Saul of Tarsus boasted, “I am of the seed of Abraham, a Hebrew of the Hebrews, a Pharisee of the Jews” and “They which be of faith in Jesus Christ are Abraham’s seed...” He is not a Jew who is one naturally, he is a Jew who is one born of Jesus Christ. What has happened? An old Israel has passed away and a new Israel has come in with Jesus.

You go to the end of the letter to the Galatians, chapter 6 and in the closing of the letter Paul wishes God’s blessing upon the whole Israel of God. But do you notice the connection? In Christ there’s neither Jew nor Greek. The old Jew has gone out! We are all one new man in Christ. This is God’s new Israel.