PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Right standing with GOD #13   T. Austin Sparks

Started Oct-12 by PAULFROMNYS; 28 views.
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-12

Back to John, John 17. Jesus is praying, “I pray for the men whom Thou hast taken Me out of the world, they are not of the world even as I am not of the world.” No, the citizens of the heavenly Jerusalem are not known here. And yet they are known, for we must come back to the City. What is the heavenly Jerusalem? Paul says the Jerusalem that is beneath is in bondage. But the Jerusalem which is above is free! What do you like to sing? Have you got a hymn in your hymnbook which says, “Free from the law, oh happy condition”?

Now back to Galatians, “Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ has made you free.” Citizens of the heavenly Jerusalem which is above which is free and which is our mother; children of freedom! Well I mustn’t remind you of the context of those words of the old Israel in bondage.

In reply toRe: msg 1
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-12

Well, first of all the heavenly Jerusalem is comprised of the people who have been set free. The second thing about Jerusalem is that it is the seat of government, the center of government. Oh, here’s a revolution. Go back to the book of the Acts, they have been given the commission to go out into all the world, “Go into all the nations and preach the gospel.” What did they do? Well, they said, “We must have a committee. We must make a board of directors and we must have our board meetings with our agenda. And we must decide what we’re going to do and how we are going to do it. We’ll do all this in our board meeting.” Did they do any of that? You cannot find a trace of it in the New Testament. What did they do? They had a prayer meeting. They got into touch with heaven, the government which is there, and as they prayed the Holy Spirit said, “Separate me Barnabas and Saul unto the work whereto I have called them,” not “You have appointed them.” I had better not say any more about that. Do you see the difference?

In reply toRe: msg 2
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-12

No, Jerusalem which is above is the center of the government for this dispensation. There is no headquarters on this earth. The headquarters of all divine operations for this dispensation is in heaven. We are to have our government and direction by the Holy Spirit sent down from heaven. Jerusalem is the center of heavenly government.

If we are citizens of Zion, of the heavenly Jerusalem, we’ve got to receive all our direction from heaven. We have got to be governed in all our ways from Above. Well, there’s a lot more to be said about that. I’m going to finish on one other thing for this morning.

In reply toRe: msg 3
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-12

Jerusalem is the centre of influence for the world. You go back to your Old Testament and you look at Jerusalem then, you will find that the whole world of Israel was influenced from Jerusalem. The one thing that every Israelite desired was to go up to Jerusalem. And Jerusalem was reaching out with its influence over the whole Jewish nation. Jerusalem had a great influence in the world.

Msg 4605.5 deleted
In reply toRe: msg 4
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-12

And you know that in a sense that is true today. Although the Jews today have not got the old Jerusalem, the idea of Jerusalem has a great influence upon Jews in every part of the world. They want to rebuild Jerusalem; they want to go to Jerusalem. It has such a grip on them. Their lives are governed by Jerusalem. Transfer that to the heavenly Jerusalem, get rid of mental pictures and grasp the spiritual meaning.

In reply toRe: msg 6
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-12

Dear friends, as citizens of the heavenly Jerusalem, it ought to be affecting our lives here. Heaven ought to be influencing us now. What is one of the first things that comes to you when you become a child of God? Surely it is just this, “I don’t belong here any longer. I belong somewhere else and all my heart is going to that somewhere else. I am seeking the things which are above, not the things which are upon the earth. I’m living in the light of heaven. Heaven has a tremendous grip on me.” The new Jerusalem is the centre of a great influence and this is the way in which other people will know of our citizenship. It will not be because we sing hymns about going to heaven; it will not be because we say “Well, we’re going to heaven.” They will know because heaven has come to us!

We have an influence in this world that is not of this world. That is what we are here for. Well, we’ve only started on Hebrews 12:18, “Ye are come to mount Zion, the heavenly Jerusalem, the city of the living God...” I don’t know whether we’ll get any further than that today, but I hope you’re seeing something: the great thing that has come in with Jesus, the great thing that we have come into because Jesus has brought it in.