PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Right standing with GOD #15   T. Austin Sparks

Started Oct-14 by PAULFROMNYS; 32 views.
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-14

This New Testament Zion is a heavenly thing; not an earthly thing. It is a spiritual thing and not a temporal thing. Well, I think we all understand that. But we look back at Jerusalem... do you know Jerusalem has been an eternal thought of God? God has always had Jerusalem in His mind as a thought but the earthly Jerusalem never fulfilled the thought of God. It was only a type of the heavenly Jerusalem.

In reply toRe: msg 1
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-14

I wonder if you have ever noticed a rather impressive thing. When the Lord got Israel out of Egypt, and got them through the Red Sea, right there they sang a song. And do you notice what the song says? “He brought them out that He might bring them unto His holy hill.” Already, many, many years before ever they came to Jerusalem, God had it in His thought. But even then the earthly Jerusalem never fulfilled the full thought of God. Even Abraham looked for a city but he never found it. And he looked beyond time to eternity, he saw in his spirit that eternal city of God Whose builder and maker is God.

In reply toRe: msg 2
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-14

Now let us look at the old Jerusalem as a type of the new Jerusalem, the old Jerusalem as a type of what we have come to. Do not get mental pictures of some place in the future. We sing hymns about marching upward to Zion, we’re on our way to Jerusalem. Well, that’s not Scriptural! We have come to Zion, the heavenly Jerusalem.

Looking at this earthly Jerusalem, one thing about it impresses us very much: its long history of conflict. Jerusalem has always been a point of controversy. It’s always been a trouble in the nations. How very many times Jerusalem has been besieged! How many times the nations have come up against Jerusalem. Sometimes they have destroyed it, sometimes the Lord has defeated them, but it has always been a point of controversy.

In reply toRe: msg 3
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-14

Controversy in the Nations

Jerusalem seems to have been the storm center of history. But Jerusalem has always been a sign of spiritual conditions. If the spiritual condition of Jerusalem was right, Jerusalem was in the ascendant. No nation could overcome Jerusalem when they were spiritually right. It was when the spiritual life of Jerusalem was wrong that Jerusalem was overrun. The history of Jerusalem has been like a spiritual see-saw. If the spiritual life of Israel was low, Jerusalem was in weakness. If the spiritual life of Jerusalem was right, the spiritual Jerusalem was on top. I hope you’re collecting all these things as we go along because they’re coming to our message.

In reply toRe: msg 4
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-14

This battle over Jerusalem has been a lifelong battle and it has been a battle, therefore, over spiritual life. Now, you are, we are, come to Zion and this thing that we have come to in Christ is a point of tremendous controversy. There is a great battle on over the heavenly Zion.

I suppose most of us Christians know that we’re in a spiritual battle, of course if you don’t know anything about that then I have nothing to say to you this afternoon. Is there anyone here this afternoon who knows nothing about spiritual warfare? When they have come into Jesus Christ, they have come into a real spiritual battle. Is that true? I think we are knowing something about that. What does it mean? Just what Zion means. The nations rage, people are moved, it’s against Zion. “Yet have I set My King upon my holy hill of Zion... Whom He appointed heir of all things.” Oh, that opens a large door!

In reply toRe: msg 5
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-14

There was one who said, “I will exalt my throne in the heavens, I will be equal with the Most High.” In other words, “I will sit upon the holy Zion. I will be heir of all things. I will be the prince of this world.” You know who that one was, the Bible tells you, that was satan before he fell from heaven. Because God had already appointed His Son heir of all things, anyone who challenged the place of God’s Son had to be cast out. And so satan and all those who were with him were cast out. But they have never given up the fight for that place. They, if they can by any means, are going to occupy the place of the Lord Jesus, they are going to capture His place in Zion.

In reply toRe: msg 6
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-14

What does Zion mean then? Let us change our language: what does the true Church mean? If we are of the true Church by heavenly birth, what do we mean? We just mean that we are an abiding menace to the evil power. The controversy of Zion is this: who is going to be above all in the end? Who is going to govern all things and fill all things in the end? That’s the occasion of the warfare.

The Word of God shows us that it is the Church united with Jesus Christ as its Head which is going to govern this universe. The Church is going to take the place that the evil powers now have over this world. You see, the Word is, “The appointed heir of all things.” That doesn’t leave anything for anyone else. Satan therefore, stands to lose everything. And if the Church comes to the place that God has appointed for it in Christ, satan’s going to lose everything. That, then, is the controversy of Zion.

Msg 4607.8 and the next 1 deleted