PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Right standing with GOD #17   T. Austin Sparks

Started Oct-16 by PAULFROMNYS; 30 views.
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-16

There’s no doubt about it, we may as well be perfectly honest; if we are going right on with the Lord, we are not going to find that traditional Christianity supports us. Rather will it be against us and all the misunderstanding, all the misrepresentation, all the suspicion; all that, will come from the Christian church. You’ll not be able to do anything but what they’ll give a wrong interpretation to it. Well, I could tell you a lot about that, but it’s very true.

Well, aren’t we still in the Bible? In the New Testament you have this controversy of Zion, but it is between true Christianity and Judaism. If the apostles thought that Judaism was going to come alongside of them, they made a very great mistake. Judaism was the traditional religion. It was deeply rooted in history. It had a long history and this is the thing, and the Jews said, “This is it.” Now look at the conflict between the apostles and Judaism; between the new Israel and the old Israel, between Christianity and established religion.

In reply toRe: msg 1
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-16

The apostle Paul gives us several long lists of the things which he suffered. He was in prison often, he says he was beaten with rods. Oh, we read the story of his journeys from city to city and country to country and the Lord had said to him that in every place persecutions awaited him. Where did it all come from? It came from traditional religion. It came from the Judaizers. It came from the old Israel. Everywhere that he went they followed him and stirred up trouble.

You know, traditional Christianity can be a very, very strong thing against spirituality. If you’re really going on with the Lord they may put you out; cast you out as an evil thing. This is the controversy of Zion.

Then we come to another aspect of this controversy. That is:

In reply toRe: msg 2
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-16

The Conflict with the World.

I wonder if you see what’s happening now. Do you notice that missionary work as it has been, has almost come to an end? It has been turned out of China. It has been turned out of Russia. It is being turned out of India, it is almost impossible for a missionary to return to India now. This is spreading over the world. It is becoming more and more difficult for the Gospel of Christ to go out; that is, in the way that it has been for hundreds of years. It seems that there’s a great power at work to bring an end to the testimony of Jesus, to bring an end to the true spiritual Church.

In reply toRe: msg 3
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-16

If the Lord brings together a little company of true believers, something very precious to Himself, a real representation of Zion, does not the enemy set himself to break that up; bring in every difficulty to bring that thing to an end? There’s a great world power against what is of Jesus Christ. The world is not only a place, it’s a spiritual thing. It’s a spiritual power which is against Christ and against all that represents Christ and we are in that battle.

There’s another aspect of this which is very interesting. This controversy of Zion spoken of by Isaiah is very interesting. Well, let’s go back shall we, to Egypt; Israel in Egypt for four hundred years. When the Lord had got Israel to a place where He could bring them out, what happened? A whole series of convulsions began in Egypt. Everything in Egypt began to work in a way where it was being torn to pieces. A great battle was going on. We say a battle against Pharaoh and the Egyptians but the Scripture says against all the gods of the Egyptians. Behind Pharaoh and the Egyptians there was a spiritual system and that spiritual power was keeping Israel in bondage. Now to get Israel out, all these tremendous things began to happen in Egypt. Egypt was being thrown into confusion, was being broken up; just convulsions taking place. Out of all that the Lord brought Israel.

In reply toRe: msg 4
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-16

Do you know the same thing happened in Babylon? When Israel had gone into captivity in Babylon and they were there for seventy years, the word of the prophet was this: “For your sake I have sent to Babylon and have brought down all their high ones.” Now you look at the story of the return of Israel from Babylon. Nebuchadnezzar... wonderful, great, important man in his own eyes, Nebuchadnezzar who said, “See this great Babylon that I have made!” Alright Nebuchadnezzar... Belshazzar... Darius... Ahasuerus. These are all the “great ones” and the Lord overthrew every one of them; a whole series of destructions, a whole series of disintegrations. Why was it all? What’s the explanation? God has a people there and to get that people out, He will throw whole empires to destruction.

In reply toRe: msg 5
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-16

What about today? All that was the old time controversy of Zion... why all the convulsions in this world today? Are there convulsions in this world? Are there convulsions in nature? Are there convulsions in industry? Are there convulsions in education? In society? Why, this world is in a state of convulsion. Is it true? Why? God has a people... and He is going to get that people out. But it is a tremendous battle to get people out. The whole world power of satan is against this people being taken out to Zion, to the heavenly Jerusalem the spiritual Church, to come to the place of government.

God has a controversy with the nations and He is in battle with the nations because of this people. It’s very true. Well, if you read your Bible, your New Testament, you will see that just before the Church is raptured to heaven there is a tremendous and terrible state of conflict on this earth. “Woe unto you that dwelleth on the earth because satan has come down with great wrath because he knows that his time is short.” His time is short! What time? The time when he has power over this earth, it’s going to be taken away from him. It is going to be given to this heavenly people.

In reply toRe: msg 6
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-16

I think the Lord is dealing with this world very much as He dealt with the big fish that swallowed Jonah. I think the fish had a bad attack of indigestion! The poor fish said “Oh, let me get rid of this!” and so the fish spewed out Jonah and I think that’s how it is in the world. The world is being troubled by us. Zion is a nuisance to this world and this world and the prince of this world says, “Let’s get rid of them!” It’ll be a fine time when we are spewed out! Of course satan doesn’t mean that, he just wants to get rid of us out of his world. But when we do go out it’ll be an end of his world. We are not going out onto the earth, we’re going out to glory, so the word is, “Lift up your heads your redemption draweth nigh”. But what is the immediate context of those words? Distress of nations. The Greek is: “no way out for the nations”. Lift up your heads, your way out draws near. The statement is, “Men’s hearts failing them for fear,” fear of the terrible things which are coming on the earth. Then, the Lord says, your way out is near. In the meantime it’s the controversy of Zion.

You see dear friends, true spiritual life is a very vital thing. Going on to full growth as this letter says, is a tremendous thing because the letter finishes upon receiving the kingdom which cannot be shaken. That word “kingdom” just means “the sovereign rule”. The sovereign rule which cannot be shaken. We are come to that. But see, it all bears down upon the spiritual life and the controversy of Zion is the battle over spiritual life.

Now, though it’s taken two men to say all that, it wants hundreds of men to say it all. Our difficulty is just to get it all over. But I do trust that in these few hours we’ve had together, the Lord has shown us something. I trust that you have been able to see what it is the Lord is after. This is not all just objective teaching, we are in this spiritual battle; it is the battle for Zion. That is the battle for that which is going, in the end, to take the kingdom and reign. The Lord help us to go on. Amen.

In reply toRe: msg 7
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-16

That concludes this booklet through TAS.