PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The Testimony of the Christ #3   T. Austin Sparks

Started Oct-19 by PAULFROMNYS; 33 views.
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-19

Sometimes it is a big step towards the light if we will only state our own case. How often it is like that. Now then, what is your trouble? Sometimes we do not know what our trouble is until we have to put it down, and then it may be that we are beginning to see light. At any rate, we have opened the way. And so He draws them out to express themselves, to state their case, and it means this - 'What really is troubling you? What is the reason for your present position?' This may touch somebody who is in some position of reservation, of question, of prejudice, of fear, of suspicion, of reserve of some kind. It might be just as these men were perplexed. Exactly what is your trouble? What are you afraid of? What is the reason for the position you are in? What is the reason for your prejudice? Analyse it, study it. What is the reason for your fear? Why are you afraid? What are you afraid of? Just say why you are evading. What is it you are trying to evade? Why have you gone down that road, the Emmaus road? Why are you going that way?

In reply toRe: msg 1
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-19

I believe if only you would frankly state your case, you would open the way for the light, it would be a big step toward deliverance. And the Lord paved the way for this wonderful revelation which was their emancipation by getting them to come out with it. 'Now then, let us have it out, state it'. Have you not discovered the value of stating a thing? How it gets locked up and confused and it goes round and becomes something so immense! When you write it down in so many words, well, things at least begin to get a bit clearer. Try it! If you are locked up, held, bound, afraid, if you are not really in the good of this life of the risen Lord, try to make clear to yourself, and then to Him. And that is what He asks. Is it fear? What are you afraid of? Is it prejudice? You will have to let that go because that locks the door before ever there is any approach. Is it what someone has called 'the malady of not wanting'? You will have to deal with that.

In reply toRe: msg 2
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-19

Their Outreach of Heart

And now we must close this part. He draws the veil aside. He has got them so far - and ever remember that they do not know Who He is. We do not know how far on the journey it was when He joined them - but He took up Moses and all the prophets and spoke of Himself in them all, and while He was speaking of Himself - but to them He was but a stranger still, a Bible teacher such as they had never listened to before, an expositor of the Scriptures talking about someone whom they mutually called the Christ - then as He talked to them out of the Word of God, things began to happen in them. While they listened, not knowing Him yet, not knowing Who it was, some strange thing was beginning to work.

In reply toRe: msg 3
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-19

We are going to have to leave it for the moment. What a drawing aside of the veil that was, far, far beyond our powers of grasping. We shall say something about it perhaps later. But there was the climax to this, the end of the road, the day far spent, a perilous district, and they were loath to let Him go. They said, "Do not leave us, do not go on, come in and abide". You see the issue in all these simple things that I have been saying, the issue is there - a personal, definite reach-out to the Lord on your part, even though there is as yet no recognition of Him in any fulness, no knowing of Him in any great measure, but sensing that there is something here; an outgoing of heart, a kindled fire of desire, the outreach. "Do not go, stay!" it is very simple in words, but oh, the Lord waits for that: "He made as though He would go further." Is it not strange how He did those things?

In reply toRe: msg 4
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-19

When His disciples were on the lake and He came walking on the water, "He would have passed by them" (Mark 6:48). The Lord is not going to coerce you or force Himself upon you. With all the mighty thing that is bound up with Him, He is not going to force it on you, He is not going to compel you, He is going to be constrained by you. "They constrained him." We have to arrive there. I end by saying that you can miss it, you can let it go. He is going on, He will be back in Jerusalem presently. Others will be coming into the full glory of it. Will you have missed all that God means for your life - not only, perhaps, as one who has not yet commenced to know the Lord, but in that immeasurably greater fulness for those who do know Him? Are you going to miss it for want of that eager outreach which says, 'No, come in and abide! We cannot go on without You, I cannot do without You, You have made me to know that You are the one Who has the answer to my problems, the secret I am seeking is in You.' "They constrained."

In reply toRe: msg 5
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-19

We will all have to constrain Him, not just read or listen to things about Him and great things that the Lord wants for us. They could have heard it all and could have let Him go on. They could have said, 'It was a wonderful walk, a wonderful talk, he was a wonderful teacher, and that is the end - He has gone'. No, no! There is that outreach of heart, that outreach from the inside which takes hold and says, 'Lord, I cannot do without You'. And He went in, He yielded to their constraint and went in, and they sat down to eat, and He took a loaf - He had done that before - and broke it, and their eyes were opened and they knew Him. That was the beginning of history for them. He becomes known when we in our hearts have said, 'Lord, come in, stay!'