PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

No need???   Topics/belief

Started Oct-22 by PAULFROMNYS; 165 views.
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-22

1 John 2:27   But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

In reply toRe: msg 1
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-22

A real sense of what is being said here in harmony with the entirety of scripture is: we know all things by the Spirit we have been given, but walking in them definitely necessitates the 5 fold ministry, to include teaching.   

In reply toRe: msg 2
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-22

I submit to you that the foremost expression of the gift of teaching came to us through T. Austin Sparkes.  Like no other, this man was used to part the Red Sea of all the devils devices to hinder, even destroy, and keep us walking after the Spirit of GOD.   

In reply toRe: msg 3
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-22

I also believe it is becoming clearer and clearer who is the foremost expression of the gift of Apostle to the current generations of men.  That would be Torben Sondergaard.   He is currently being reviled as a deceiver, but that's the norm as the natural man beholds the Spirit of GOD truly moving though a chosen vessels life.

In reply toRe: msg 4
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-22

Great controversy exists as to who would be the personification of the Prophet gift to these current generations.  A Prophet is by definition one who speaks in the realm of: thus saith the Lord, and whose proclamations under that banner are always found true.  There is but one, no other comes close, and that is William Marion Branham.  Of course as is the case of all genuine men chosen and used by GOD, the natural man rejects him with all his natural reasoning to the same place those in 2 Peter 3:15-16. 

Fred (fnorthrup)

Nov-6

PAULFROMNYS said:

I also believe it is becoming clearer and clearer who is the foremost expression of the gift of Apostle to the current generations of men.  That would be Torben Sondergaard.   He is currently being reviled as a deceiver, but that's the norm as the natural man beholds the Spirit of GOD truly moving though a chosen vessels life.

May I ask, what is the criteria, in your view, which would qualify a person to be called an apostle? Also, the capital A, Apostle, I believe is reserved only for Christ.

Galatians 1:1 Paul, an apostle ...

Hebrews 3:1 Therefore, holy brothers, partakers of a heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our confession, Jesus,

Fred (fnorthrup)

Nov-6

PAULFROMNYS said:

abide in him.

If the anointing abides in us and teaches us to abide in Him, then is the anointing = Him? Also, according to verse 24 "Him" is not only the anointing but the Son and the Father and according to verse  22 whoever denies this is a liar and the antichrist. I think this would be considered strange teaching in some circles.

1 John 2:22 Who is the liar if not he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son.

Fred (fnorthrup)

Nov-6

PAULFROMNYS said:

I submit to you that the foremost expression of the gift of teaching came to us through T. Austin Sparks.  Like no other, this man was used to part the Red Sea of all the devils devices to hinder, even destroy, and keep us walking after the Spirit of GOD. 

I think you are comparing T. Austin Sparks to Moses. This may be a good comparison. It is true, God's people were "baptized into Moses", however God was not pleased with them. All of them, except Caleb and Joshua, perished in the Wilderness.

1 Corinthians 10:2-5 And all were baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; And all ate the same spiritual food, And all drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank of a spiritual rock which followed them, and the rock was Christ. But with most of them God was not well pleased, for they were strewn along in the wilderness.

Moses himself saw the good land, but was unable to enter in. Sadly, this is also the case with T. Austin Sparks. Sparks saw many things, but in the end was unable to enter into the practice and reality of the things he saw. He crossed the Red Sea, but could not cross the Jordan. Praise the Lord that Sparks could bring people out of Egypt and to the bank of the Jordan. Now, we must go on!

Today we are not following Moses, but Joshua (Christ as our Captain) to go up and possess the land to bring forth Christ. The manifestation of Christ is with His Body, which is expressed as local churches. Revelation 1-3

Fred (fnorthrup)

Nov-6

PAULFROMNYS said:

Great controversy exists as to who would be the personification of the Prophet gift to these current generations.  A Prophet is by definition one who speaks in the realm of: thus saith the Lord, and whose proclamations under that banner are always found true. 

I believe that today the personification of the prophet is corporate. To prophecy is to speak for the Lord, to speak forth the Lord, and to speak the Lord into others. The vast percentage of prophesying in the Old Testament was not foretelling, but speaking the word into God's people to bring forth Christ.

Romans 15:6 That with one accord you may with one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 14:24 But if all prophesy ...

1 Corinthians 14:31 For you can all prophesy one by one...

1 Corinthians 1:10 Now I beseech you, brothers, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be attuned in the same mind and in the same opinion.

The Pentecostal "prophets" almost always end up glorifying themselves. The corporate speaking of the Body will always glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ and build up the church. May our eyes be opened to see God's speaking in these days!

In reply toRe: msg 6
Fred (fnorthrup)

Nov-6

Fred (fnorthrup) said:

May I ask, what is the criteria, in your view, which would qualify a person to be called an apostle? 

Sorry, Im responding to my own post here. There is a misconception that the the gifts in Ephesians 4:11 are a particular ability or power bestowed on a person. However, the context of these verses is that the persons themselves are the gift. Christ leads some captive, works on them until they are completely and utterly absolute to Him, then gives them as a gift to perfect the saints. They are not "gifted" persons, the persons themselves are the gift. Such a person would never serve Mammon or be caught by the lust of the flesh, but would serve as a slave of Christ and consider themselves a prisoner in Christ.

Ephesians 4:1 I beseech you therefore, I, the prisoner in the Lord

Ephesians 4:8 Therefore the Scripture says, “Having ascended to the height, He led captive those taken captive and gave gifts to men.”

Ephesians 4:11 And He Himself gave some as apostles and some as prophets and some as evangelists and some as shepherds and teachers,