PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

TLR Water baptism.   Topics/belief

Started Nov-4 by PAULFROMNYS; 211 views.
Fred (fnorthrup)

Nov-5

I listened to a part of this so far and have a few comments.

1. The story of Israel being delivered from Egypt and entering the good land to possess it is a picture of God's full and complete salvation. To this I agree.

2. A. Exodus has two parts: God's redeeming by the blood of the Passover Lamb, and bringing His redeemed people to Himself at the mountain of God. (Chapter 1-19)

B. God giving the manna, the flowing water, the law, building up His dwelling place, raising up the priesthood, and giving the offerings for Israel's fellowship with Him. (Chapter 20-40)

3. This brother does not explain what possessing the good land is in our practical experience (at least in the part I have listened to so far) He did say something about walking by the Spirit, but this needs a lot of development. He also mentioned the kingdom, but also vaguely.

4. Also, "the last reformation." As far as I know, God has no intention to reform degraded and deformed Christianity. His way is to go "back to the beginning" and recover what He originally intended concerning the church. It was Martin Luther's thought to "reform" Catholicism, which failed, but his recovering aspects of the divine truth such as justification by faith got labeled "the reformation." God's call is to "come out of her My people!"

Revelation 18:4 And I heard another voice out of heaven, saying, Come out of her, My people, that you do not participate in her sins and that you do not receive her plagues;

Baptism means everything old goes into the grave and what comes out is Christ in resurrection. The old man, the self, the religious world is not "reformed", but dies with Christ and is risen in Him. This is recovery. "That which is from the beginning."

PAULFROMNYS

Nov-5

Hi Fred, good to know your around  :)  I feel the need to respond to point 4.  the rest I'll give some time to become clearer.

4. Also, "the last reformation." As far as I know, God has no intention to reform degraded and deformed Christianity. His way is to go "back to the beginning" and recover what He originally intended concerning the church. It was Martin Luther's thought to "reform" Catholicism, which failed, but his recovering aspects of the divine truth such as justification by faith got labeled "the reformation." God's call is to "come out of her My people!"

?   When GOD takes the initiative, that would constitute reformation to me. All through Israel's history, when things manifested in various ways, GOD moved to show His response.  Today as the darkness begun in Constantine 1700 years ago is effectively covering the earth to the establishment of one all powerful leader in the affairs of men, GOD is in turn unveiling His own response and power in those given to Him through the gospel.  It's wheat and tares in the fullest sense.  It never was a reformation of the evil imitation planted among men, it was GOD's response to it: and yes, come out of her my people is foundational. As is the breaking forth of the real thing.   Much love brother, it's good to know someone is viewing what has become basically my daily devotions.

Fred (fnorthrup)

Nov-5

Greetings Paul. I don't have time to read all the TAS material ( I have my own morning devotion time.) Currently we are studying Joshua, Judges, and Ruth. I am really enjoying this study. During the time of the Judges, "there was no king in Israel and everyone did what was right in his own eyes." Judges 21:25. This pretty much describes Christendom.

But somewhere during the first half of Judges, in a hidden way, God was bringing a young Moabite woman to Bethlehem who would be King David's great grandmother. God always has a way. During a time of great chaos and degradation among God's people, He was doing something lovely which would bring forth the Christ. This is a type of the age we live in brother.

PAULFROMNYS

Nov-5

Yes, He is being manifest increasingly as what He is = the head and life of the church.  These are challenging exciting times in which we live Fred.  I believe there is ministry down from our head which connects us all when the mind of Christ is established to us.

Fred (fnorthrup)

Nov-6

PAULFROMNYS said:

I believe there is ministry down from our head which connects us all when the mind of Christ is established to us.

I believe this also. The book of Ruth begins: "In the days when the judges ruled, there was a famine in the land." This means that Ruth is actually part of the book of Judges. As an appendix, this story happened during the time of the judges.

The book of Ruth portrays God's move in His Spirit of life. (Romans 8:2) As illustrated by Sampson, the judges moved in God's Spirit of power but not in His Spirit of life. God's Spirit came upon Sampson (Judges 13:25; 14:6, 19), but Sampson and many of the judges had no control over their indulgence in lust.

In contrast, the book of Ruth is a book not of power but of life. Naomi, Ruth, and Boaz were persons absolutely in life. Not one judge was a forefather of Christ. It was Ruth and Boaz who participated in keeping the line in humanity to bring Christ forth out of eternity into time, to bring Christ forth with His divinity into humanity.

This shows that only life can bring Christ forth. Only life can keep the lineage, maintaining the thin line to bring God into humanity to produce Christ, to minister Christ, and to supply the entire human race with Christ. This was done not by the judges but by Ruth and Boaz, who took the way of life.

If I were with my own eyes to see someone raised from the dead, I would still be skeptical. My faith is not in outward works of power, but in the power of the resurrection life within.