PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Adam   Bible discussions/all

Started Nov-30 by PAULFROMNYS; 937 views.
PAULFROMNYS

Nov-30

Do you believe Adam was as a new born believer?

Fred (fnorthrup)

Nov-30

Paul:  Do you believe Adam was as a new born believer?

I do not. I believe Adam was created by God but not regenerated. He was a created son but not a begotten son. Because he did not eat the tree of life, he did not receive eternal life, the life that is from God and is God. 

Christ said: "I am the life" (John 14:6) "In Him was life "(John 1:4) "I am the true vine" (John 15:1) a vine is a tree. Jesus is the tree of life. Eat Him and live because of Him. Adam did not do that. He chose the way of knowledge, thusly death entered into man.

John 6:57 As the living Father has sent Me and I live because of the Father, so he who eats Me, he also shall live because of Me.

Romans 5:12 Therefore just as through one man sin entered into the world, and through sin, death; and thus death passed on to all men because all have sinned —

PAULFROMNYS

Nov-30

yes, but he had access to the tree of life, and the absence of that is the very foundation of unregenerate life.  He was not aware that he was unclothed either. If he had not disobeyed, then he would have been increasingly Shepard'd to live through the tree of life, which is the exact reality of being born again and growing therein.  

Fred (fnorthrup)

Nov-30

So for clarity, Adam would have been sinless but unregenerated. A new born believer is regenerated. To receive Christ is to eat the tree of life. God does not want simply sinless natural people, He wants sons. Adam would have been perfect as far as sin goes, but not complete.

Jesus told the Laodiceans that they were naked. This was a criticism. They were naked yet unaware. Adam was naked and unaware yet in a good way. This would make a good discussion: What is nakedness in the Bible.

Revelation 22:14 Blessed are those who wash their robes that they may have right to the tree of life and may enter by the gates into the city.

PAULFROMNYS

Nov-30

YES, but just like a newborn believer Adam was born into that reality WITH GOD.  What is the difference between Adam before, and after the transgression?  I'm believing it is much the same as a man before and after being born again, except to say the direction taken is opposite..  I'm not being dogmatic Fred, just shooting from the hip to see what comes of it.  It is very worthy of our consideration IMO. 

PAULFROMNYS

Nov-30

you said:  This would make a good discussion: What is nakedness in the Bible.

Innocence in the hands of GOD, and feeling secure without GOD.

Fred (fnorthrup)

Dec-1

PAULFROMNYS said:

Innocence in the hands of GOD, and feeling secure without GOD.

Another way of tackling the same question would be to ask, What does the fig leaf represent? In Revelation 19 the bride is clothed in fine linen which is "the righteousness of the saints." This shows that clothing is a sign, signifying something. Therefore nakedness must be a sign. 

The bride is not "naked and unashamed" like Adam in the garden. This shows me that salvation is not to go back to what Adam was in the garden, at the very least.

Revelation 19:7-8 Let us rejoice and exult, and let us give the glory to Him, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready. And it was given to her that she should be clothed in fine linen, bright and clean; for the fine linen is the righteousnesses of the saints.

PAULFROMNYS

Dec-1

Born again = newborn = Adam @ new born believer.  Bride = full grown potential of Adam realized in maturity.  Paul told believers they were still living as babes in Christ, and implored them to begin growing up. This brings up an interesting point, as I don't believe Adam was aware of what it meant to disobey GOD as born again believers with the history of Israel, and today the full Bible and History sinse Christ rose from the dead are. 

Fred (fnorthrup)

Dec-1

So, you believe that Adam in the garden was equal to a newborn regenerated person. You must believe then that a person can be regenerated and lose their salvation?

PAULFROMNYS

Dec-1

No, I don't think so.  The shed blood covers all, and GOD knows who would avail themselves of it. It would take a willful opposing with knowledge akin to Lucifer, or Judas.   What I do believe 100% is that a born again believer can greatly hinder what GOD desires for him: you?