PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Verses #7   Bible discussions/all

Started Jan-2 by PAULFROMNYS; 153 views.
PAULFROMNYS

Jan-2

Genesis 11:4-6  And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top [may reach] unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.
   And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.
And the LORD said, Behold, the people [is] one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.
In reply toRe: msg 1
PAULFROMNYS

Jan-2

Genesis 18:13-14   And the LORD said unto Abraham, Wherefore did Sarah laugh, saying, Shall I of a surety bear a child, which am old? Is any thing too hard for the LORD? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son.

In reply toRe: msg 2
PAULFROMNYS

Jan-2

Genesis  18:19   For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.

In reply toRe: msg 3
PAULFROMNYS

Jan-2

Genesis  22:8-12    And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together. And they came to the place which God had told him of; and Abraham built an altar there, and laid the wood in order, and bound Isaac his son, and laid him on the altar upon the wood. And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son. And the angel of the LORD called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here [am] I. And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only [son] from me.

In reply toRe: msg 4
PAULFROMNYS

Jan-2

Genesis 26:6-7   And Isaac dwelt in Gerar:  And the men of the place asked [him] of his wife; and he said, She [is] my sister: for he feared to say, [She is] my wife; lest, [said he], the men of the place should kill me for Rebekah; because she [was] fair to look upon.

Isaac did exactly as Abraham!!!!!

In reply toRe: msg 5
PAULFROMNYS

Jan-3

Genesis 26:7   And he said, [Art] thou my very son Esau? And he said, I [am].

Seems like alot of lying and deception going down, yet the truth is:  the birth right had been transferred from Esau to Jacob.

In reply toRe: msg 6
PAULFROMNYS

Jan-3

Genesis 28:8-9   And Esau seeing that the daughters of Canaan pleased not Isaac his father; Then went Esau unto Ishmael, and took unto the wives which he had Mahalath the daughter of Ishmael Abraham's son, the sister of Nebajoth, to be his wife.

So Esau's reaction to Jacob's blessing and obedience was:  vindictiveness and disobedience.