PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Verses #8   Bible discussions/all

Started Jan-3 by PAULFROMNYS; 150 views.
PAULFROMNYS

Jan-3

Genesis 28:12-13, 17,19@22  And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven: and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it. And, behold, the LORD stood above it, and said, I [am] the LORD God of Abraham thy father, and the God of Isaac: the land whereon thou liest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed; And he was afraid, and said, How dreadful [is] this place! this [is] none other but the house of God, and this [is] the gate of heaven. And he called the name of that place Bethel: but the name of that city [was called] Luz at the first.   

And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven: and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it.
And, behold, the LORD stood above it, and said, I [am] the LORD God of Abraham thy father, and the God of Isaac: the land whereon thou liest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed;
And he was afraid, and said, How dreadful [is] this place! this [is] none other but the house of God, and this [is] the gate of heaven.
22   And he called the name of that place Bethel: but the name of that city [was called] Luz at the first.
In reply toRe: msg 1
PAULFROMNYS

Jan-3

This struck me because TAS identified Bethal as that place likened to the true gathering together of the family of faith.  Mary, Martha, and Lazarous resided there, and Jesus found repose there from His many difficult experiences.

In reply toRe: msg 2
PAULFROMNYS

Jan-3

Genesis 29:31  And when the LORD saw that Leah [was] hated, he opened her womb: but Rachel [was] barren.

In reply toRe: msg 3
PAULFROMNYS

Jan-3

Genesis 31:13   I [am] the God of Bethel, where thou anointedst the pillar, [and] where thou vowedst a vow unto me: now arise, get thee out from this land, and return unto the land of thy kindred.

Bethel again

In reply toRe: msg 4
PAULFROMNYS

Jan-3

Genesis   41:45   And Pharaoh called Joseph's name Zaphnathpaaneah; and he gave him to wife Asenath the daughter of Potipherah priest of On. And Joseph went out over [all] the land of Egypt.

Joseph being a beautiful typing of our Lord Jesus, what can we say of His wife in this typing???????

Fred (fnorthrup)

Jan-4

PAULFROMNYS said:

Joseph being a beautiful typing of our Lord Jesus, what can we say of His wife in this typing???????

A type of the church, 

PAULFROMNYS

Jan-4

Yes, for sure, and also a gentile for sure, I just wonder if anything else could be gleaned.  Very little said of her, if fact I wasn't aware of the verses of this thread before. 

In reply toRe: msg 7
PAULFROMNYS

Jan-4

Her name from strongs means:  Asenath = "belonging to the goddess Neith"   Then this is the summary defining the goddess Neith:  

Neith (aka Net, Neit or Nit) and is one of the oldest deities of ancient Egypt who was worshipped early in the Pre-Dynastic Period (c. 6000 - 3150 BCE) and whose veneration continued through the Ptolemaic Dynasty (323 - 30 BCE), the last to rule Egypt before the coming of Rome.

She was a war goddess, goddess of creation, mother goddess who invented birth, and funerary goddess who cared for and helped to dress the souls of the dead. Her cult center was at Sais in the Nile Delta and she continued as the most popular goddess of Lower Egypt even after her attributes were largely given to Isis and Hathor and those goddesses became more popular in Egypt. Neith continued to be honored as the patron goddess of Sais throughout Egypt's history as she was considered a great protector of the people of the land and the most effective mediator between humanity and the gods.

Neith is said to have been present at the creation of the world and, in some stories, even the creator herself who gave birth to Atum (Ra) who then completed the act of creation. She is always represented as extremely wise and just as in the story of The Contendings of Horus and Set where she settles the question of who will rule Egypt and, by extension, the world. She is one of the four goddesses, along with Isis, Nephthys, and Serket, who appear on the canopic jars in the tomb of Tutankhamun and is probably best known today for her statuary there.