PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Judges #1   Old Testament

Started May-11 by PAULFROMNYS; 190 views.
In reply toRe: msg 4
PAULFROMNYS

May-13

Judges 5:1-2, 8, 12, 24, 26, 31

1 Then sang Deborah and Barak the son of Abinoam on that day, saying, Praise ye the LORD for the avenging of Israel, when the people willingly offered themselves. ...

8 They chose new gods; then [was] war in the gates: was there a shield or spear seen among forty thousand in Israel? ...

12 Awake, awake, Deborah: awake, awake, utter a song: arise, Barak, and lead thy captivity captive, thou son of Abinoam. ...

24 Blessed above women shall Jael the wife of Heber the Kenite be, blessed shall she be above women in the tent. ...

26 She put her hand to the nail, and her right hand to the workmen's hammer; and with the hammer she smote Sisera, she smote off his head, when she had pierced and stricken through his temples. ... 31 So let all thine enemies perish, O LORD: but [let] them that love him [be] as the sun when he goeth forth in his might. And the land had rest forty years.

In reply toRe: msg 5
PAULFROMNYS

May-14

Judges 6:1, 6, 13-14 

1 And the children of Israel did evil in the sight of the LORD: and the LORD delivered them into the hand of Midian seven years. ...

6 And Israel was greatly impoverished because of the Midianites; and the children of Israel cried unto the LORD. ...

13 And Gideon said unto him, Oh my Lord, if the LORD be with us, why then is all this befallen us? and where [be] all his miracles which our fathers told us of, saying, Did not the LORD bring us up from Egypt? but now the LORD hath forsaken us, and delivered us into the hands of the Midianites. And the LORD looked upon him, and said, Go in this thy might, and thou shalt save Israel from the hand of the Midianites: have not I sent thee?

In reply toRe: msg 6
PAULFROMNYS

May-15

Judges 7:7, 10-11, 18, 22

7 And the LORD said unto Gideon, By the three hundred men that lapped will I save you, and deliver the Midianites into thine hand: and let all the [other] people go every man unto his place. ...

10 But if thou fear to go down, go thou with Phurah thy servant down to the host: And thou shalt hear what they say; and afterward shall thine hands be strengthened to go down unto the host. Then went he down with Phurah his servant unto the outside of the armed men that [were] in the host. ...

18 When I blow with a trumpet, I and all that [are] with me, then blow ye the trumpets also on every side of all the camp, and say, [The sword] of the LORD, and of Gideon. ...

22 And the three hundred blew the trumpets, and the LORD set every man's sword against his fellow, even throughout all the host: and the host fled to Bethshittah in Zererath, [and] to the border of Abelmeholah, unto Tabbath.