PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The Cross and the City of God #1   T. Austin Sparks

Started Jul-19 by PAULFROMNYS; 53 views.
PAULFROMNYS

Jul-19

Rev. 21:9-11 "He carried me away in Spirit to a mountain great and high and showed me the Holy City, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, having the glory of God, her light was like unto a stone most precious, as it were a jasper stone clear as crystal."

Rev. 21:15 "The building of the wall thereof was jasper and the city was pure gold as it were transparent glass."

Rev. 21:21 "The street (way) was pure gold as it were transparent glass."

Rev 22:1 "And He showed me a river of water of life clear as crystal proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb."

Rev. 3:12 "I will write on him the Name of my God, the name of the City of my God... that cometh down out of heaven from my God, and my own new Name."

Heb. 11:10 "The City which hath the foundations, whose builder and architect is God."

Heb. 11:16 "God is not ashamed to be called their God; He hath prepared for them a City."

Heb. 12:22 "The City of the Living God, the heavenly Jerusalem."

Heb. 13:14 "We seek the city which is to come."

Gal. 4:25-26 "Jerusalem which is above is free which is our Mother."

Phil. 3:20 "Our citizenship in Heaven."

In reply toRe: msg 1
PAULFROMNYS

Jul-19

Our main difficulty in contemplating the City of God will be to get the literal and material out of mind, we are dealing pre-eminently with what is spiritual.

The City of God is not merely a place to which we are going, but is the Church of God of which we are part.

We are going to Heaven, a place; we are not going to spaceless clouds for all eternity; but in considering the City of God, the Heavenly City, the New Jerusalem, we are considering the Church, the Body of Christ; and are only dealing with the nature and characteristics of that City as related to the ultimate things. We are not now touching questions related to times and dispensations. The last thing in the Word of God is a City and everything heads up to that. He is related to the City and the City to Him.

It is a concrete and all inclusive presentation in finality of all the spiritual elements and features of divine life in the individual and in the Church; the full and final expression of conformity to the image of God's Son; "chosen and fore-ordained to be conformed to the image of His Son." Rom. 8:29.

Here in Rev. 21 we see the City of God, a realisation of that fore-ordination told of in Rom. 8:29, and it is only another way of contemplating the glorified Son of Man, in His corporate expression and all that is in Christ for the believer being realised.

davidsheep88

Jul-21

God is an arquitecture and made the city nice verse.

PAULFROMNYS

Jul-21

Yep, it will be amazing to live in a reality 100% from GOD.   

In reply toRe: msg 4
PAULFROMNYS

Jul-21

We must ever remember, the one central and dominating factor is the Lamb in the midst of the Throne, because everything here is the expression of Calvary's work and is the realisation of all that the Lord Jesus came to do by His death and resurrection. The elements of divine life are spirituality, heavenliness, transparency, elevation, stability, fulness, love, fellowship, sovereignty, government, openness and exclusiveness, light, inwardness, glory, and many more.

We are dealing with spiritual factors that go to make up the Church of God, the New Jerusalem, and when you see the Church of God presented here in Rev. 21 you have it presented in its final fulness in Christ, to which we are now moving. Compare Eph. 1:21-22, as things are now it is the building of the Church, the growing up into Him.

Let us stay awhile with the features and the characteristics of the City of God.

In reply toRe: msg 5
PAULFROMNYS

Jul-21

The First Feature is Heavenliness and Spirituality

It "came out from heaven" therefore it must have been first in heaven before it could come down out from heaven.

"They looked for a heavenly city" Heb. 11:10. "He looked for the City which hath the foundation whose builder and maker was God."

"Our citizenship is in heaven" Phil. 3:20.

We find much in the Word of God about material for the heavenly City, and the suggestion runs clearly through the Word that since the fall, everything God has brought in is heavenly and not earthly. God's people are of heaven, a heavenly people, and not of the earth; a heavenly seed, and the heavenly seed began in type with Abel, and there can be traced out the heavenly line all through the Word.

Cain is a man of the earth and as such is rejected. Later Israel becomes the type of the heavenly people - they are a people taken out of the earth, extricated from the earth and its ways, taken out from Egypt, through the blood of the Lamb Who is now their true life and its source; cut off by the Red Sea and out in the Wilderness under government of the "Pillar of cloud" - the Holy Spirit; a people as out from the earth and unto God. This in type constituted a heavenly people, a people from above and not of the earth.

The predominating colour in Israel's camp was heavenly blue. Each had to have a piece of blue like unto the High Priest's ephod; typical of heavenliness.

John's Gospel is pre-eminently the Gospel for the Church and its main emphasis is heavenliness and spirituality - "born anew" "born from above" "born of God."

In reply toRe: msg 6
PAULFROMNYS

Jul-22

The word 'LIFE' in John is always related to the heavenlies, it is heavenly life "I am the life" "I am come that ye might have life." He came to give in His own person this life: "In Him was life" "I am came down out of heaven."

In John 2 He takes up the relationship of the Lord's people. John 2:4 literally is "woman what have you and I in common?" As in Matt. 12:48-50 "...but He answered Who is my mother and who are my brethren? For whosoever shall do the will of my Father who is in heaven, he is my brother and sister and mother." Yes, the heavenly relationships of this born-out-from-God people transcend earthly relationships all the time; it is a bond in the spirit, deeper and more abiding than any earthly bond; the interests of the heavenlies and the Lord's things far transcends interests of worldly relationships and concerns. The more you have in common with the Lord, the less you have in common with the world, and the greater the strain when you have to be in it though not of it. You violate the laws of your spiritual life and nature if you ignore this spiritual relationship, and cripple your own spiritual effectiveness; it will be impossible finally for the heavenly people to have any fellowship in spirit with the old creation.

Rev. 21:22 "I saw no temple there" Why? The people are a worshipping people - they are worship; it is spiritual worship not localised.

John 4:20 "Our fathers worshipped in this mountain, but ye (Jews) say that in Jerusalem must men worship." The Lord answered, "the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth for such doth the Father seek to be His worshippers." The Father is the seeker of the eternal City as well as its builder and architect.