PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The Word of God is Living   Bible discussions/all

Started Sep-10 by Fred (fnorthrup); 707 views.
Fred (fnorthrup)

Sep-10

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is living, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

According to Romans 10:17, faith comes out of the hearing of the word. Thus, the source of faith is the word, but we have to realize there are three aspects of the word.

First, there is the written word of God-the Bible.

John 10:35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the Scripture cannot be broken;

Then there is the living word of God-Christ.

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Finally, there is the applied word of God-the Spirit.

John 6:63 It is the Spirit that gives life; the flesh -- profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are Spirit, and they are life.

When the word of the Bible is spoken to us and heard by us, right away the written word becomes the living word. That is Christ. When the living word is applied to us and received by us, it becomes the word of the Spirit. Then this word of the Spirit heard by us is the source of our faith. Faith comes from the hearing of this applied word by the Spirit through the living Chrsit out of the written word. If we learn to receive the word, we will be filled with joy!

Jeremiah 15:16 Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.

PAULFROMNYS

Sep-10

Finally the living Word is where we're promised to end up through the gospel.

JS5777

Sep-10

In other words... the Word of God is STILL being made flesh.

Shalom,

JS5777

In reply toRe: msg 3
Fred (fnorthrup)

Sep-10

JS5777 said:

In other words... the Word of God is STILL being made flesh.

I do believe this. The process of incarnation is ongoing. Every time someone is begotten of God (John 1:13) the word becomes flesh. I consider our exercise here on this forum a priceless opportunity to hone our ability to speak forth the Spirit into others that they may receive Him, love Him, and enjoy Him as the Head over all things to the church which is His Body. It all begins with the word.

The New Jerusalem is the consummation of this process. The bride, the wife of the Lamb which is a great constitution of the Triune God, who was incarnated, lived a human life, was crucified, resurrected, ascended, and poured out as the Spirit, and the tripartite man, who has been redeemed, regenerated, sanctified, transformed, conformed, and glorified, to be one entity, united, mingled and incorporated with Him.

Now, the Spirit (God) and the bride (man) are one, with one voice for eternity. 

Revelation 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

This is the fulfillment of Genesis 1 and 2.

In reply toRe: msg 3
PAULFROMNYS

Sep-12

Yes, and we love His appearing.

PAULFROMNYS

Sep-12

Yes, the end of the work is whoever we are in Him.  He is King, we find our place rejoicing under that reality.

JS5777

Sep-13

It is the joy of the Bridegroom and the Bride.

Isa 61:10         I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.

Isa 62:5           For as a young man marrieth a virgin, so shall thy sons marry thee: and as the bridegroom rejoiceth over the bride, so shall thy God rejoice over thee.

Jer 33:11        The voice of joy, and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride, the voice of them that shall say, Praise the LORD of hosts: for the LORD is good; for his mercy endureth for ever: and of them that shall bring the sacrifice of praise into the house of the LORD. For I will cause to return the captivity of the land, as at the first, saith the LORD.

Joel 2:16         Gather the people, sanctify the congregation, assemble the elders, gather the children, and those that suck the breasts: let the bridegroom go forth of his chamber, and the bride out of her closet.

Mat 9:15         And Jesus said unto them, Can the children of the bridechamber mourn, as long as the bridegroom is with them? but the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken from them, and then shall they fast.

Mat 25:1         Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.

Mat 25:5         While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.

Mat 25:6         And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.

Mat 25:10       And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.

Mark 2:19      And Jesus said unto them, Can the children of the bridechamber fast, while the bridegroom is with them? as long as they have the bridegroom with them, they cannot fast.

Mark 2:20      But the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken away from them, and then shall they fast in those days.

Luke 5:34       And he said unto them, Can ye make the children of the bridechamber fast, while the bridegroom is with them?

Luke 5:35       But the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken away from them, and then shall they fast in those days.

John 3:29       He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.

Rev 21:2         And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Rev 21:9         And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

Rev 22:17       And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Shalom,

JS5777

In reply toRe: msg 7
PAULFROMNYS

Sep-13

Amen, and peace to you.

In reply toRe: msg 7
Fred (fnorthrup)

Sep-13

JS5777 said:

It is the joy of the Bridegroom and the Bride.

We must see this. I really appreciate you taking the time to post these verses.

The whole Bible presents this romance between a lonely God and man. When God said, "It is not good for man to be alone" He was talking about Himself. He would become the man, the Bridegroom. When the Word became flesh, God became a lonely bachelor.

One thing we have not gotten into on this forum is Song of Songs. Solomon wrote 1,005 songs, and this one is his top song, his top poem.

1 Kings 4:32 And he spoke three thousand proverbs: and his songs were a thousand and five.

Song of Songs is an allegory of a king, Solomon, courting a country girl who is far from being his counterpart. By the end of the book, she becomes the "Shulamite", which is the feminine form of Soloman, she has become his counterpart.

Song of Songs 6:13 Return, return, O Shulamite; return, return, that we may look upon thee. What will ye see in the Shulamite? As it were the company of two armies.

It is a wonderful experience to study this book in the light, as an allegory of Christ, typified as Solomon, (Matthew 1:1) and the church, typified by the Shulamite. Being a poem, practically every wore has to be interpreted.

The emphasis in this book is on our individual love affair with the Lord, not the corporate one.

JS5777

Sep-13

John 15:11  These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.
John 16:24  Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.
1 John 1:4  And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.
2 John 1:12  Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, and speak face to face, that our joy may be full.

Shalom,

JS5777