PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Four aspects/faces of the Spirit of GOD   Topics/belief

Started Oct-6 by PAULFROMNYS; 432 views.
PAULFROMNYS

Oct-6

Eze 1:10  As for the likeness of their faces, they four had the face of a man, and the face of a lion, on the right side: and they four had the face of an ox on the left side; they four also had the face of an eagle.

Reading TAS this morning, I was struct with an understanding of the four faces of upon these creatures which for the first time in my over 40 years of wondering over them: I felt worthy of sharing.

The Lion --- This is strength in the Spirit to fear and walk softly with GOD.  This strength will react against other approaches.

The Ox ---  This strength is to endure, continue, in SERVICE as we mature in Christ.  If we wander from this aspect of the Spirit, we will have experience with the lion.

The man --- This is the center of UNDERSTANDING wherein we are expected to embrace and go forward in all aspects/faces of the Spirit.

The Eagle --- This, likened unto prophets is the PERSPECTIVE OF GOD pertaining to our experiences here in this place.  We are of ourselves very shortsighted and confined, but the Spirit sees from the heavenly perspective, and is unconfined in movement.   

Fred (fnorthrup)

Oct-9

PAULFROMNYS said:

I was struck with an understanding of the four faces of upon these creatures which for the first time in my over 40 years of wondering over them: I felt worthy of sharing.

Because the Lord is now the Spirit, we could look at it this way.

1. The Lion- Christ presented in the gospel of Matthew as the King of the Kingdom of the heavens. Matthew has a genealogy because a king needs a genealogy.

2. The Ox- Christ presented in the gospel of Mark as a slave, who came not to be served, but to serve and give His life as a ransom. A slave needs no genealogy.

3. The Man:  Christ presented in the gospel of Luke, as a proper and normal man. Jesus, as a man has a genealogy.

4. The Eagle: Christ presented in the gospel of John, presenting Christ as God, the Word become flesh. God has no genealogy.

The first two chapters of Ezekiel are a wonderful revelation of Christ.

PAULFROMNYS

Oct-10

Fred:    Because the Lord is now the Spirit, we could look at it this way.

Paul:   yes we can.

Earnest777

Oct-27

Quite an interesting study about what I have thought to be the mobile Throne described in Ez.

i have also thought about the Seven Spirits of the Holy One

PAULFROMNYS

Oct-27

I currently believe those Spirits can be seen as the Spirit of GOD dealing with His own from birth(( 1 )) through the finished work of maturity(( 7 )).

Fred (fnorthrup)

Oct-27

Earnest777 said:

i have also thought about the Seven Spirits of the Holy One

Because the Seven Spirits do not appear until Revelation 1-5, do you think this aspect of the Spirit is related to the local churches, the lampstands?

Earnest777

Oct-27

Some say the seven spirits are named and identified in Isaiah 11. 1-3 ( I think).

This is one reason that those who hold to the "trinity" may not be considering the total depth of the Divine Being.

I like to think of the Temple as pattern, but within that pattern might be more intricasies than we can even imagine.  There are several pictures in Revelation that show several different manifestations,  and Im not how to consider them.  I do think they fold into the Oneness of I Am.

Revelation shows The Throne.  Ezekiel shows a mobile Throne.  There will be a Throne on the New Earth.

I am glad I am not in charge of figuring it all out.

One of the Spirits is called Wisdom and proverbs has a great deal to say about her. (if i recall she is idenrified as a woman).

Just some random impressions,  hopefully anyone that wants to correct wont throw me under the bus.

Fred (fnorthrup)

Oct-27

Earnest777 said:

This is one reason that those who hold to the "trinity" may not be considering the total depth of the Divine Being.

I would be one who holds to the trinity.

Revelation 1:4-5 John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is coming, and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne, And from Jesus Christ, the faithful Witness, the Firstborn of the dead, and the Ruler of the kings of the earth. To Him who loves us and has released us from our sins by His blood...

1. Him who is and who was and who is coming- God the Father

2. the seven Spirits- God the Spirit

3. Jesus Christ- God the Son

Because there is one Spirit (Ephesians 4:4) the number seven would signify intensity. Since seven is the number for completion in God's operation, so the seven Spirits must be for God's move on the earth. In essence and existence, God's Spirit is one; in the intensified function and work of God's operation, God's Spirit is sevenfold. 

This is similar to the lampstand in Zechariah 4:2. In its existence it is one lampstand, but in its function it is seven lamps.

At the time Revelation was written, the church had become degraded; the age was dark. Therefore, the sevenfold intensified Spirit of God was needed for God's move and work on the earth.

There is much, much more.

Earnest777

Oct-28

The main pattern can be expressed as a "trinity",  but my belief is that there is more to it than just  that.

The Temple,  being the expression of the pattern, does come in three main manifestations, you might say, as estabished from the beginng few verses of Genisis:  Elohim,  the Initiator from the Divine Soul area of the Holies.  The Holy Spirit brooding over in the Holy Place area,  and the Light in the physical world of the Courtyard.

Most declare thetrinity impossible to understand, but I think the pattern is a great beginning towards understanding.  Just my opinion.

Fred (fnorthrup)

Oct-28

Earnest777 said:

Most declare thetrinity impossible to understand, but I think the pattern is a great beginning towards understanding.  Just my opinion.

In my exploring Bible forums it seems this topic dominates most of the discussion, thus proving your point. It should not surprise us that God is not easy to understand. 

The problem with Bible forums is the spirit of the participants. Most (in my experience) do not care to discuss the divine revelation, but to put forth their opinion and declare anyone who does not agree with them an idiot. This makes for a poor discussion.

According to the Scripture, blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. I would like to see God in the Scriptures and in my living. 

Here is a good verse revealing the divine Trinity:

2 Corinthians 13:14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.