PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Revelations chapter 1   New Testament

Started Nov-12 by PAULFROMNYS; 3436 views.
PAULFROMNYS

Nov-12

Questions/comments.

In reply toRe: msg 1
PAULFROMNYS

Nov-14

Rev 1:4  John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace [be] unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;

Would it be good to say the 7 Spirits which must be travewrsed unto His throne???

In reply toRe: msg 2
PAULFROMNYS

Nov-16

Rev 1:7  Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they [also] which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

We love His appearing in ourselves and others.  I wonder how edifying it would be seeing those clouds as both the perfecting of the bride and return of the groom?

Earnest777

Nov-16

There are 4 direct mentions of the 7 Spirits in Revelation.

1.4 mentions the 7 Spirits before the Throne.

In 3.1 the High Priest Who is ministering to the 7 churches and is described as being the Spirit is said to have the 7 Spirits of God..(NASB)

In 4.5 it says that the 7 Spirits were the 7 lamps burning before the Throne.

And in 5.6 it describes a Lamb standing between the Throne and the Elders. The Lamb had 7 horns and 7 eyes which are the 7 Spirits.

I think the horns and eyes might be a very good description of what the lampstand looks like.

1.13 describes One like a Son of man standing in the middle of the lampstand.

One of the descriptions of the Spirits said to be in Isaiah 11 names One as the Spirit, which I believe to be the Holy Spirit, said also to be the Spirit of Jesus in many places in the Bible, and so is the Main Stem in the middle of the Candlelabra from which the other 6 are branched off.

The following verses from 13 have descriptions of fire, flame, bronze glowing in a furnace, 7 stars and a face like the sun,  all of which I could see as descriptive of a Candlelabra of the Spirit.

There are teachings that describe many sections of scripture that describe an assent towards the main stem and then a descent.

I am not sure if I see any other progression involving the Spirits and the Completion of the Spirit in us other to accept and learn about the Ministries of the Son/Spirit and to drink of the Living Well of Water that teaches us and guides us into His gifts.

If there are other progressions, they would certainly be interesting to learn about.

JS5777

Nov-17

Rev 1:7           Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

The clouds relate to;

Mat 24:30       And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Mat 26:64       Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Mark 13:26    And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.

Mark 13:27    And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.

Mar 14:62      And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Luke 21:27     And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

Luke 21:28     And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Acts 1:8          But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Acts 1:9          And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

The people that Acts 1:8 was addressed to was NOT just only those that were present at that moment, it was being addressed to the ENTIRE Body of Christ, which receives power from Him after the Holy Ghost comes upon them, and THAT power makes them (the ENTIRE Body of Christ) to be witnesses to Him, unto the uttermost part of the earth. How do we know that this detail is true? We know that it is true because NONE of those that were present at THAT moment went to the “uttermost part of the earth”. THAT going to the “uttermost part of the earth” fell upon others that were to come afterward, but whom ALSO had to receive the SAME power to be made witnesses to Him.

All of those that receive THAT power to be witnesses to Him, are those that constitute;

The Great Cloud of Witnesses

Heb 12:1         Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

1 Ths 4:17      Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

The Great Cloud of Witnesses is the SAME clouds of heaven that receive He about whom they have been witnessing.

Rev 1:7           Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Those clouds that He comes WITH, are the SAME as;

Rev 14:14       And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.

Rev 14:15       And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.

Rev 14:16       And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped.

It is the SAME as;

Jude 1:14        And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

Jude 1:15        To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

How do they convince the ungodly? Because of their witness.

Rev 12:10       And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

Rev 12:11       And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Mat 16:25       For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

Mark 8:35   
...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
  • Edited November 17, 2022 1:13 am  by  JS5777
PAULFROMNYS

Nov-17

eyes speaks of observation, horns communication to me.  7 lamps speaks of light by the Spirit of GOD in the 7 stages from birth to maturity also in my current understanding.

PAULFROMNYS

Nov-17

Do you see any connection to His appearing and coming WITH clouds??

JS5777

Nov-17

He first begins to make His appearing in and through His people, and THEN he comes to receive His people and to go into the Wedding Supper of the Lamb together with them.

Finally, He comes back together with His people to establish the Millennial Reign.

Shalom,

JS5777

Earnest777

Nov-17

I dont understand where the seven stages of maturity  fit in.  Are there easily defined scripture elements or was this developed out of inspiration?

JS5777

Nov-18

When you referred to the "seven stages of maturity", were you referring to 2 Pet 1:5-8?

2 Pet 1:5  And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith1 virtue2; and to virtue2 knowledge3;
2 Pet 1:6  And to knowledge3 temperance4; and to temperance4 patience5; and to patience5 godliness6;
2 Pet 1:7  And to godliness6 brotherly kindness7; and to brotherly kindness7 charity (8, G26, agape).
2 Pet 1:8  For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

While there IS an application of the virtues in the Stature of the Perfect Man on an individual/personal basis, there is ALSO an application on the level of the Body/Church of Christ.

BOTH of which DO have their parallel in the Lampstand and in the Seven Lamps.

Also, there is an application that is found in;

Zac 4:2  And said unto me, What seest thou? And I said, I have looked, and behold a candlestick all of gold, with a bowl upon the top of it, and his seven lamps thereon, and seven pipes to the seven lamps, which are upon the top thereof:
Zac 4:3  And two olive trees by it, one upon the right side of the bowl, and the other upon the left side thereof.
Zac 4:4  So I answered and spake to the angel that talked with me, saying, What are these, my lord?
Zac 4:5  Then the angel that talked with me answered and said unto me, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord.
Zac 4:6  Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.
Zac 4:7  Who art thou, O great mountain? before Zerubbabel thou shalt become a plain: and he shall bring forth the headstone thereof with shoutings, crying, Grace, grace unto it.
Zac 4:8  Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
Zac 4:9  The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this house; his hands shall also finish it; and thou shalt know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto you.
Zac 4:10  For who hath despised the day of small things? for they shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel with those seven; they are the eyes of the LORD, which run to and fro through the whole earth.
Zac 4:11  Then answered I, and said unto him, What are these two olive trees upon the right side of the candlestick and upon the left side thereof?
Zac 4:12  And I answered again, and said unto him, What be these two olive branches which through the two golden pipes empty the golden oil out of themselves?
Zac 4:13  And he answered me and said, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord.
Zac 4:14  Then said he, These are the two anointed ones, that stand by the Lord of the whole earth.

The two anointed ones are a parallel of;

Rev 11:4  These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

While there is a viewpoint that says that the two olive trees are Moses and Elijah, but Moses and Elijah do NOT pour out of themselves the anointing into the bowl (Christ), however they ARE symbolic of the Old and New Testaments as the anointed Word of God, which DO pour out the divine Spirit of anointing (which is upon the Word) into He who IS The Word-Made-Flesh (Christ), because He IS ALL of the Word of God, manifested in flesh, Emmanuel.

So that, the entire Word of God is poured into Christ, and He pours out of Himself into every individual the virtues in the Stature of the Perfect Man to bring them to maturity in Him, and He ALSO pours out of Himself into the Seven Churches in Revelations Chapters 2 and 3 through the ministry of the seven angels.

It is for THIS reason that in Rev 11:4 it mentions TWO candlesticks instead of just only ONE, because there are TWO different considerations and levels in the manner in which the anointing of the Spirit of Christ is poured out into the Lamps, on BOTH an individual AND on a Corporate level.

Shalom,

JS5777

• Edited November 18, 2022 10:03 am  by  JS5777