PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

A Message for all True Believers   General Discussion

Started Nov-5 by Nucc; 681 views.
Nucc

Nov-5

Michael Yousseff became a Christian about the same time as me but this message was a needed exhortation I believe we all need.

https://ca.ltw.org/watch/teaching/series/defending-a-lion/part-1

In reply toRe: msg 1
Nucc

Nov-8

The History lesson of how we've become who we are TODAY.

https://ca.ltw.org/watch/teaching/series/defending-a-lion/part-2

In reply toRe: msg 2
Nucc

Nov-12

Your respect for God is measured by your respect for God's Word.

https://ca.ltw.org/watch/teaching/series/defending-a-lion/part-3

• Edited November 12, 2023 10:21 pm  by  Nucc
In reply toRe: msg 3
Fred (fnorthrup)

Nov-14

Nucc said:

"Your respect for God is measured by your respect for God's Word."

I did not watch your video but I certainly have an Amen! to the title. I love Isaiah 66:1,2,5:

v.1-2 Thus says Jehovah,  Heaven is My throne,  And the earth the footstool for My feet.  Where then is the house that you will build for Me,  And where is the place of My rest? For all these things My hand has made,  And so all these things have come into being, declares Jehovah.  But to this kind of man will I look, to him who is poor  And of a contrite spirit, and who trembles at My word.
v.5 Hear the word of Jehovah,  You who tremble at His word:  Your brothers who hate you,  Who cast you out because of My name, said,  Let Jehovah be glorified  So that we may see your joy.  But they will be put to shame.

These verses reveal God's desire to dwell in man, and what kind of man He can dwell in; those who are poor and contrite in spirit (emptied out of vain religious knowledge) and who tremble at, that is, respect God's word. Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out through the mouth of God.

Revelation 19:13b ...and His name is called The Word of God.

Nucc

Nov-14

Amen Fred...In my own testimony, it's amazing how far I've come from where I started, but really, I'm still just getting started .

“God Moves in a Mysterious Way” by William Cowper (1700's)

God moves in a mysterious way, his wonders to perform; he plants his footsteps in the sea, and rides upon the storm.

Deep in unfathomable mines, of never-failing skill; he fashions up his bright designs, and works his sovereign will.

Ye fearful saints fresh courage take, the clouds that you much dread, are big with mercy and will break in blessings on your head.

Judge not the Lord by feeble sense, but trust him for his grace; behind a frowning providence, he hides a smiling face.

His purposes will ripen fast, unfolding every hour; the bud may have a bitter taste, but sweet will be the flower.

Blind unbelief is sure to err, and scan his work in vain; God is his own interpreter, and he will make it plain.

In reply toRe: msg 3
Nucc

Nov-14

Seven Deadly sins we must avoid when reading the Word of God for it is counter culture & counter nature.

https://ca.ltw.org/watch/teaching/series/defending-a-lion/part-4

In reply toRe: msg 6
Fred (fnorthrup)

Nov-16

Are you posting these as a reference for discussion or just to share? Anyway, I listened to this one and enjoyed this brothers message on "avoiding sins" as we read the Word of God.

As for discussion, I would add to his points the matter of eating the word. This is a common figure in the Bible as to how we take the word of God. Jeremiah said: "Your words were found and I ate them." (Jer. 15:16) The Lord said: "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out through the mouth of God" (Matt. 4:4) and, "...he who eats Me, he also shall live because of Me." (John 6:57b)

Because the Bible begins with man in front of two trees, one is life, and one is knowledge, another deadly sin is to take the word to gain knowledge (called the ministry of death in 2 Corinthians 3:7) and not take the word as life by the Spirit of life to receive Christ. This is the ministry of the Spirit which gives life in 2 Corinthians 3:6.

For this, we need to turn our heart to the Lord (2 Corinthians 3:16) who is the Spirit with our spirit (Romans 8:16) when we open our Bible and eat the living Word with an unveiled face to receive the life supply from the fountain which never runs dry!!!!

In reply toRe: msg 6
Fred (fnorthrup)

Nov-16

Seven Deadly sins we must avoid :

The first deadly sin, "proof texting" is an excellent point. A brother in the 1800's, Robert Govett, wrote an enlightened article called "The Two-Foldness of the Divine Truth." This article is truly a revelation concerning the nature of the word of God which is the divine truth. (John 17:17) I would encourage anyone who respects the Word of God to read this article.

For example, the Calvinists believe that all believers are chosen in eternity past to be saved in time apart from their will and nothing in heaven of on earth can change that, with a long list of "proof texts" to prove the point. 

On the other hand, Arminians believe that we chose to receive Christ and we can definitely chose to reject Him, also with a long list of proof texts to support their view.

The Oneness Pentecostals believe that God is one, and appears in different "modes", as the Father, then as the Son, and finally as the Spirit.

Many believers are unconsciously tritheists, believing that God is three, as in three separate Persons, The Father , the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Each of these viewpoints have been systematized over the last 500 years with copious amounts of proof texts which completely contradict each other.

The truth is that we can be saved, yet "suffer loss." We may be saved, "yet as through fire."

1 Corinthians 3:15 If anyone’s work is consumed, he will suffer loss, but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

There is one God, who is three.

Romans 8:9-11 say that "the Spirit is in us", the Spirit of Christ is in us" and the Spirit of the one who raised Christ from the dead is in us." Ephesians 4:4 says there is one Spirit, therefore the Spirit in us is the Spirit of the Father, the Spirit of the Son, and the Spirit. Not three Spirits, but one Spirit who is three.

People with "proof texts" oppose people with opposite viewpoints, who also have "proof texts." This has been the history of Christianity at least since the reformation. Since God Himself is two fold, He is one and three (triune) and Christ is two fold, He is both human and divine, and the Holy Spirit is two fold, the inward Spirit for life and the outward Spirit for power, I believe it is safe to say that the word, which is out form God, should also have this characteristic, having two apparently contradictory aspects, which actually compliment and complete the divine truth. This is a very great matter.

There is a difference between believing the word, every word,  and having a "proof text."

Nucc

Nov-17

F> Are you posting these as a reference for discussion or just to share? Anyway, I listened to this one and enjoyed this brothers message on "avoiding sins" as we read the Word of God.

N> I guess just mostly to share. There are some great preachers out there and now I mostly listen to preachers on the End Times topic to see and understand where I'm at in regard to my relationship to the God of the Holy Bible  and it was just the way Michael Yousseff presented his message I was nudged in a way on discerning the choice of my words when I fellowship with persons that are new true believers, believers that are stagnant (distracted) (Lk 8:14), and of course non-believers.  Sometimes I'm with ALL CASES at the same time such as family and healthwise I suffer with arthritis and aging.

• Edited November 17, 2023 9:03 am  by  Nucc
Nucc

Nov-17

F> 

Many believers are unconsciously tritheists, believing that God is three, as in three separate Persons, The Father , the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Each of these viewpoints have been systematized over the last 500 years with copious amounts of proof texts which completely contradict each other.

N> I'm Trinitarian, believing there is One TRUE God revealed in 3 distinctive persons, Father, Son & Holy Spirit.  Phil 2:5-11 reveals the twofold GODMAN nature of Christ. 

Trinity Doctrine: Why we must reject it as an affront to the atoning  sacrifice