PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

TLR #1 The beginning   Topics/all

Started 11/11/21 by PAULFROMNYS; 105 views.
PAULFROMNYS

11/11/21

Please!!!!!   anyone who views this video in it's entirety, confirm that by replying amen, or some other comment.  Thankyou, and I believe this is the truth which sets us free, to those who DO, to those who CONTINUE.  We are all apprentices under the tutelage of THE MASTER.  Lets, believe, and do, do, do!!!!!

(1) The Last Reformation - The Beginning (2016) - FULL MOVIE - Bing video  

Fred (fnorthrup)

11/12/21

So I am here to have fellowship with you. I cant seem to find our last thread. Is it gone? I have a couple of questions:

1. Did God send His Son to reform Judaism? Did the Jewish religion veer off from God's original intention so Jesus came to bring a reformation of and correct them? 

2. Did God send His Son to initiate a new religion called "Christianity?" Is what we see in the book of Acts a new religion for people to join and so they can see outward signs and wonders?

I will answer both with a resounding "NO."

Why did God send His Son? What is it we see in the book of Acts? Is Peter simply "making disciples"? Did God call Paul to convince people to leave the Jewish religion and join Christianity? 

It is one thing to see what the church is not. It is another to see what the church is. The Bible ends with two signs which are two cities which are tow women. The focus on church history is on the first woman. But our destination is the second woman, the bride, the wife of the Lamb. God is not reforming the harlot, He is preparing the bride.

Revelation 19:2 For true and righteous are His judgments; for He has judged the great harlot who corrupted the earth with her fornication, and He avenged the blood of His slaves at her hand.

Revelation 19:7 Let us rejoice and exult, and let us give the glory to Him, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready.

Revelation 21:9-10  And one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues came and spoke with me, saying, Come here; I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb. And he carried me away in spirit onto a great and high mountain and showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God,

PAULFROMNYS

11/12/21

you said:  I will answer both with a resounding "NO."

Good, that saves me from expounding.  :)

PAULFROMNYS

11/12/21

Fred said:   God is not reforming the harlot, He is preparing the bride.

Amen, the harlot of herself is simply an instrument used of GOD to accomplish His end.  We are warned about judging those not given to our Lord(((outside))), but rather to beseech them to be reconciled to GOD as Stephen did Paul when he was stoned to death.  An aroma of life and death is what scripture says we are as Christ finds expression in and through us. 

Fred (fnorthrup)

11/12/21

PAULFROMNYS said:

We are warned about judging those not given to our Lord(((outside))),

I should probably clarify that I believe God has genuine believers in both Catholicism and Protestantism, such as Madam Guyon and Brother Lawrence. They genuinely knew the Lord. We are not talking about the people but the religious system. If I am not mistaken, this is a big part of brother Torben's message, that the religious system is what keeps God's people from realizing who and what they are in Christ. The clergy/laity system nullifies the Body of Christ. God hates this.

Revelation 2:6 But this you have, that you hate the works of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.

The word Nicolaitans means to rule over the laity.

Fred (fnorthrup)

11/12/21

PAULFROMNYS said:

Good, that saves me from expounding.  :)

I think you should expound. According to John 12:24 Jesus came to be sown into the ground like a grain of wheat. This is something of life, not religion.

In Acts, people were "added to the Lord", not "joined a church". What does it mean to be added to the Lord?

Acts 5:14 And believers were all the more being added to the Lord, multitudes of both men and women,

PAULFROMNYS

11/13/21

you said:   If I am not mistaken, this is a big part of brother Torben's message

You are 100% not mistaken.  

PAULFROMNYS

11/13/21

you asked:    What does it mean to be added to the Lord? 

OK, I'll expound if you will :)  Just that our Lord is head over a body, which from 0 AD to the present is growing.

Fred (fnorthrup)

11/13/21

PAULFROMNYS said:

Just that our Lord is head over a body, which from 0 AD to the present is growing.

Amen Paul. Excellent. The Body you describe is universal, transcending space and time. Ephesians 1 says "the church which is His Body". So these terms are synonymous. The church Jesus is building in Matthew 16 is universal. The church in Matthew 18, "tell it to the church", is local. The local church are the believers in a certain place at a certain time. 

When people are baptized, they are not baptized into a denomination, or added to a "membership" they are baptized into God (if they have received the Spirit). They are literally added to God. This is marvelous.

Matthew 16:18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.

Matthew 18:17 And if he refuses to hear them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to hear the church also, let him be to you just like the Gentile and the tax collector.

The Body is not simply universal, but practical and local. We are in the same church brother, we are just divided by space, nothing else. In the last of these days, this is being fully recovered.

PAULFROMNYS

11/13/21

You said:   They are literally added to God. This is marvelous.

Or perhaps GOD is taking them back in.