PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

TLR #1 The beginning   Topics/all

Started 11/11/21 by PAULFROMNYS; 102 views.
Fred (fnorthrup)

11/13/21

PAULFROMNYS said:

Just that our Lord is head over a body, which from 0 AD to the present is growing.

Amen Paul. Excellent. The Body you describe is universal, transcending space and time. Ephesians 1 says "the church which is His Body". So these terms are synonymous. The church Jesus is building in Matthew 16 is universal. The church in Matthew 18, "tell it to the church", is local. The local church are the believers in a certain place at a certain time. 

When people are baptized, they are not baptized into a denomination, or added to a "membership" they are baptized into God (if they have received the Spirit). They are literally added to God. This is marvelous.

Matthew 16:18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.

Matthew 18:17 And if he refuses to hear them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to hear the church also, let him be to you just like the Gentile and the tax collector.

The Body is not simply universal, but practical and local. We are in the same church brother, we are just divided by space, nothing else. In the last of these days, this is being fully recovered.

PAULFROMNYS

11/13/21

You said:   They are literally added to God. This is marvelous.

Or perhaps GOD is taking them back in.