PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The Temple and the Tabernacle of God #6   T. Austin Sparks

Started 11/17/21 by PAULFROMNYS; 73 views.
In reply toRe: msg 6
PAULFROMNYS

11/17/21

We have more to say about life later.

If, again, the result of pride in ruin was darkness, then humility, meekness, is the way of light. “Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart.” You will learn by that spirit. It is enlightening. We said that the great law which governed everything was that of heart fellowship with the Lord, and we saw that that heart fellowship was broken by pride in the heart, the heart lifted up in pride. Now, says the apostle, “the eyes of your heart being enlightened”. This is heart fellowship with the Lord, bringing about enlightenment, leading to enlightenment, or making possible enlightenment.

Fred (fnorthrup)

11/17/21

TAS said:

Yes, but after all what was it the Lord said to the church at Laodicea? “Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked.”

In today's parlance, this is to be "non self-aware." Everyone knows their condition except they themselves. This is terrible. So many religious people are in this condition yet have no consciousness of their poverty. 

It is difficult to understand how the Lord can be outside the church knocking to come in. Are we not the church? Is Christ not in us?

2 Corinthians 13:5 Test yourselves whether you are in the faith; prove yourselves. Or do you not realize about yourselves that Jesus Christ is in you, unless you are disapproved?

This is where we must understand how that we are fearfully and wonderfully made.

God formed the spirit in man (Zech. 12:1) as an organ with which we can contact and receive the living God. (2 Timothy 4:22) The spirit of man is the lamp of Jehovah for Him to search our heart and our inward parts. 

Proverbs 20:27 The spirit of man is the lamp of Jehovah, / Searching all the innermost parts of the inner being.

We are a soul, with the mind, will, and emotions which need to be transformed and conformed into the image of the Firstborn Son.

We have a body which will be transfigured. 

Philippians 3:21 Who will transfigure the body of our humiliation to be conformed to the body of His glory, according to His operation by which He is able even to subject all things to Himself.

God's temple is a little complicated. Yes, it is possible for Christ to be in our spirit, and yet have no access to the rest of our being due to ignorance of God's ways, or disobedience to His word...or both. In this way, He can be "outside the church" knocking to get into us and dine with us and us with Him. This is God's call today. 

PAULFROMNYS

11/17/21

Remember what you saw in the mirror, and seek GOD for that which is needful.