PAULFROMNYS

Bible talk

Hosted by PAULFROMNYS|Malachi 3:16-18/Bible talk

Based on Malachi 3:16-18 I believe the Lord will harken to us as we consider his word together.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The inner man of the heart #1   T. Austin Sparks

Started 11/26/21 by PAULFROMNYS; 422 views.
PAULFROMNYS

11/30/21

How long would a book take if you read that much daily?  Plus, I am super picky, as soon as I see something I do not like it becomes next to impossible to continue.  A precious sister who I worked with for years and was recently saved brought me a big hardcover book(((brand new and I'm sure expensive))).  She just loved it, it was very spiritual dealing with deliverance and stuff; I simply could not read it.  I can't do theological, academic, or apologist stuff at all, just can't(((or won't))) do them.

PAULFROMNYS

11/30/21

"The heavens are for the earth, the earth is for man, and man is for God because God formed a spirit in him."

His Spirit in Him would be the separation between man and beast IMO.  The beast in revelation is made up of unregenerate unto reprobate men IMO.  There is nothing but inanimate dust until GOD breaths upon it.

Fred (fnorthrup)

11/30/21

PAULFROMNYS said:

How long would a book take if you read that much daily? 

There is a verse which says "Blessed is he who reads...."

Revelation 1:3 Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of the prophecy and keep the things written in it, for the time is near.

I personally know a brother who lives close to me who was raised a practicing Jew, was Bar-Mitzvahed, but in college was gloriously saved simply by reading the spine on the Bible. He testifies that when he saw the words "Holy Bible" the light shone inwardly and he realized that the Old and New Testament are the word of God and received the Lord into his spirit. Thus is the power of reading. Blessed is he who reads. Of course we have to have some discernment to know what is of God. Therein is the problem. People tend to strain out a gnat but swallow a camel when it comes to the ministry of the word.

PAULFROMNYS

11/30/21

OK brother, I found: The Spiritual man by Watchman, and will add it to my daily readings/devotions.  Of course the heart and discernment of all readings is the scripture as broken open to us by our GOD.

Fred (fnorthrup)

11/30/21

PAULFROMNYS said:

as soon as I see something I do not like

By "do not like" what do you mean? Don't agree with? not in the Bible? Have a different opinion? We should all learn to examine the Scriptures like the Bereans to see of the matter in the Bible. Then, what emphasis does the Bible place on the matter. After this come word studies and translation issues. In this way, we are neither too subjective (going by our feelings) nor too objective (sticking with our opinions and church dogma). At least this is my opinion.

Acts 17:10-11 And the brothers immediately sent Paul and Silas away during the night to Berea, who, when they arrived, went off into the synagogue of the Jews. Now these people were more noble than those in Thessalonica, for they received the word with all eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so.

Fred (fnorthrup)

11/30/21

PAULFROMNYS said:

There is nothing but inanimate dust until GOD breaths upon it.

So where in the Bible did God form the spirit in man? This is a good question. I wish that this forum had some readers that would ask this kind of question.

This gets at the heart of why God made man, what was the nature of the fall, and what is the way of God's recovery of man by life. 

What I believe: When God breathed into Adam the breath of life two things happened. Firstly, man became a living soul, a living being, a person with a mind, will, and emotion. Secondly, according to Zechariah 12:1, a spirit was formed in man. Man's spirit is not God, but is close to God. This is why animals do not have the impulse to worship God. But man, no matter how primitive, has always had the inward impulse to believe and worship God.

Genesis 2:7 Jehovah God formed man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living soul.

Proverbs 20:27 The spirit of man is the lamp of Jehovah, Searching all the innermost parts of the inner being.

Breath in Genesis 2:7 is in Hebrew neshamah. In Proverbs 20:27 this word is translated spirit indicating that the breath of life breathed into man's body became the spirit of man, the human spirit (Job 32:8) Man's spirit is inward organ for him to contact God, receive God, and assimilate God into his entire being as his life and everything. The spirit of man is for man to worship God (John 4:24) to be regenerated by God (John 3:6) and to be joined to God (1 Corinthians 6:17)

PAULFROMNYS

11/30/21

do not like = causes judgments to arise in me as opposed to being stirred up in love and thanksgiving to GOD, and edified to respond accordingly. Although I'm doing serious soul searching as to my part in the latter.  That's about as good as I can state it for now.

PAULFROMNYS

11/30/21

you asked:  So where in the Bible did God form the spirit in man?

Hummmm, interesting question.  We know that the breath of GOD made a living soul of man for sure. No other creative act is given.  Adams' soul, as all souls, was clearly defined by how he related to GOD.  That is the life, or spirit of man as I can best see it currently. The soul of man is defined and manifest on this basis IMO. This in the judgment of GOD alone, not any man, although discernment increasingly comes from GOD in the new birth.

Fred (fnorthrup)

11/30/21

PAULFROMNYS said:

do not like = causes judgments to arise in me as opposed to being stirred up in love and thanksgiving to GOD, and edified to respond accordingly

That is a good answer brother.