The Commport

Hosted by [PC][Ch]amsalot (CHAMSALOT)|forums.delphiforums.com/maxcommport/start

Free support to first-time computer users as well as the experts!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

two BT earbuds sets to 1 device   Hardware Haven & Buying Advice

Started Apr-22 by Michele (Conclave); 216 views.
Michele (Conclave)

Apr-22

Hi all!

I am wanting to start a run/walk program with my daughter, and I would be using an app on my phone (I plunked down for the new Huawei P20, but just couldn't do the extra for the Pro) that will give a tone each time we need to switch from running to walking and back again. We've tried syncing up our music and the tones, but we're always just enough off for it to be awkward. And for some reason, it's irritating to be the one watching the other person and then they all of a sudden start running (or walking) and you have to match them. I guess it's the same braincode that makes it irritating to sit next to the person flipping through channels, but you can do it yourself just fine.

ANYWAY (sorry, tangent), how can you sync multiple BT earbuds to the same device at the same time? Or, would it work to purchase a PAIR of BT earbuds, then she wears one and I wear the other, and we would still hear the same program? Something like these (Amazon link)?

TIA!

Michele

xSomeguyx

Apr-22

I think it's going to be highly dependent on the device.. you can sync multiple Bluetooth devices at once to a lot of devices, but they generally only let you put out audio through one at a time.  So even though you'll have two headsets connected, you'll only get it to spit audio out of one.  Sort of like (at least on my phone) I can tell it to use the internal speaker or Bluetooth for audio, but not both at the same time.

Your best bet is going to be to get separate earbuds like those that you linked.  Otherwise that's just not a common enough use for BT earbuds to have the option to connect and use multiples simultaneously.

In reply toRe: msg 3
Michele (Conclave)

Apr-23

Thanks for the info. It seems like it would be a "thing", but I guess we're not quite there yet. I have some wireless Bose headphones from work, and the paperwork says that another pair can sync up to the same device using their software AND having a pair of these like $300+ headphones. Nope. Not gonna happen. I think my daughter and I can just split the earbuds and do well enough.  :)