1443 messages in 46 discussions
Latest 10:12 AM by Angel_Pat (MCAngelPat)
Latest 4:42 AM by LvlSlgr
Latest Apr-28 by Robert (amf368)
Latest May-15 by LvlSlgr
7012 messages in 438 discussions
Latest 9:06 AM by twitchn77
Latest May-27 by Susanna502MC
Latest May-26 by bajon
Latest May-27 by retiredw2
Latest May-26 by misstracy22
Latest May-26 by butch53
Latest May-25 by Phantommom (CampingMom16)
Latest May-25 by CindyK65
Latest May-16 by Lia (LiaHellas)
4418 messages in 361 discussions
Latest May-24 by Kidmagnet
Latest May-27 by Tammy27 (DoubleMsMom)
Latest May-26 by Playbelle
Latest May-26 by LvlSlgr
Latest May-22 by datsalotta
Latest May-22 by Playbelle
Latest May-22 by LadyDiFL
Latest May-19 by TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd)
Latest May-18 by LvlSlgr
Latest May-18 by lilredhood51
Latest May-17 by twitchn77
3219 messages in 71 discussions
Latest May-26 by ~J (amsavs)
Latest May-25 by LvlSlgr
3204 messages in 159 discussions
Latest 3/19/19 by Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Latest May-26 by butch53
Latest May-25 by mdpetdoc
Latest May-23 by AEGram
Latest May-19 by susiewastaken (susietaken)
55108 messages in 15 discussions
Latest 6:04 PM by Larpy
Latest 5:45 PM by LvlSlgr
Latest 5:17 PM by LvlSlgr
Latest 5:39 AM by LvlSlgr
5743 messages in 17 discussions
Latest 12:35 PM by MrsFletcher
4609 messages in 472 discussions
Latest May-20 by whitebutterfly54 (redbutter54)
822 messages in 8 discussions
Latest 10/29/19 by chilpep
Latest 10/27/18 by katiek2
Latest 4/29/18 by chilpep
Latest May-24 by sayre00
71 messages in 2 discussions
Latest May-13 by misstracy22
3160 messages in 75 discussions
Latest Apr-23 by Di (amina046)
Latest 4:25 PM by LvlSlgr
2979 messages in 90 discussions
Latest May-27 by PTG (anotherPTG)
Latest May-26 by Robert (amf368)
Latest May-24 by Jenny MC (cbtx) (cbtx1)
1228 messages in 74 discussions
Latest May-25 by KatieAn56
Latest May-23 by katiek2
Latest May-16 by attie1234
Latest May-15 by Crystal;P (12earth45)
20307 messages in 1302 discussions
559 messages in 53 discussionsMore
Halloween Room – 1 key to open the room
Gargoyle – 0 keys - can hold ghost book, snow globe album, or egg album (1 shard each)
Hanging Pumpkin – 3 keys – Cat (1500 shards); Orange-eyed pumpkin (5000 coins)
Picture – 3 keys – Ghost Girl (1500 shards); Creepy Butler (5000 coins)
Scarecrow – 3 keys – Skeleton (1500 shards); Girl on swing (5000 coins)
Pet Stool – 3 keys – Round disc (500 shards); Cushion (3000 coins)
Halloween Room 2 - 1 key to open the room
Gargoyle - 0 keys - ghost book, snow globe album, egg album (1 shard each)
Banner - 1 key - gold lanterns (1000 coins); multicolored lanterns (1500 shards)
Pet Cushion - 0 keys - Pumpkin cushion (1500 shards); cradle cushion (400 coins)
Table - 5 keys - pumpkin on table (1500 shards); candle on table (2500 shards)
Gnome - 3 keys - purple flowers in carriage (500 shards); flower vase with angel (1200 shards)
Anniversary Room - 1 key to open the room
Gargoyle - 0 keys - ghost book, snow globe album, egg album (1 shard each)
Lamp - 3 keys - 3 upgrades; all upgrades cost 0 shards to purchase
Anabel - 1 key - 3 upgrades; all upgrades cost 0 shards to purchase
Chamberlain - 3 keys - 3 upgrades; all upgrades cost 0 shards to purchase
Cake - 5 keys - 3 upgrades; all upgrades cost 0 shards to purchase
Table Trim - 1 key - 3 upgrades; all upgrades cost 0 shards to purchase
Pet Cushion - 0 keys - 3 upgrades; all upgrades cost 0 shards to purchase
Features of each room include:
Christmas Room 1 – You can click on a friend’s tree and leave them a gift under the tree. They receive some in-game item and you receive a Santa’s medallion as a thank you. The “gifts” are the Gift for a Friend pink boxes you occasionally receive at the completion of an HOS. The gifts are anonymous – the recipient never knows who’s gift gave them what. Also, you can click on your own tree (when presents are under the tree) to retrieve the gifts you received from friends.
Christmas Room 2 – There are 3 HOSs in this room (you can visit all 3 in your own room and in the room of each of your friends one time daily). When the room is maxed out, you will receive 250 coins from completing each one. So you can use the Winter event to really stock up on coins if you have a lot of friends and a lot of time.....to leave your friend a gift, you click on the open Santa sack.
Spring Room 1 – There is a terrace off to the mid-right side (click on the bunny in the basket). You can visit your own terrace and any friend’s terrace 1x during the GMT day. When the room is maxed out, you will receive the normal 50 coins from completion.
Spring Room 2 – There are 3 HOSs in this room (you can visit all 3 in your own room and in the room of each of your friends one time daily). When the room is maxed out, you will receive 250 coins from completing each one.
Spring Room 4 – There is 1 in this room (you can visit it in your own room and in the room of each of your friends one time daily). When the room is maxed out, you will receive 250 coins from completing each one.
Halloween Room – There are 3 HOSs in this room (you can visit all 3 in your own room and in the room of each of your friends one time daily). When the room is maxed out, you will receive 250 coins from completing each one.
Halloween Room 2 – There is 1 HOS in this room (you can visit it in your own room and in the room of each of your friends one time daily). When the room is maxed out, you will receive 250 coins from completing each one.
Anniversary Room – There is 1 HOS in this room (you can visit it in your own room and in the room of each of your friends one time daily). When the room is maxed out, you will receive 250 coins from completing each one.
Mini-events and Castle Challenges – These features were introduced to the game in June of 2016. Mini-events become available at Level 4; the Castle Challenges are not available until a player reaches Level 10. (If a Mini-Event is in progress when you reach Level 4, you must then log out of the game and back in for the Mailman to send you the message about the Event.)
A Mini-event will typically last for about 2 days (48 hours). During the time of the event, you will be tasked with doing one thing…..collecting morphing flowers, going into HOSs, going into ZZs, etc. There will be a personal goal (with a reward after each of 3 increments). Then there will be a global goal to be met. The Mini-event goes across each platform – with different goals for each. (It is based on the number of people who play the game on each of the platforms.) Each person’s progress is added into the global progress as each player reaches a goal. In past events, if you continued the activity after you meet your final goal, all additional efforts are added into the global total. If the global goal is met by the combination of all the players’ efforts, everyone who participated in the Mini-event gets the global reward.
The Castle Challenge is a 30-day event. Each day a different task is “unlocked.” You must do all the tasks in order, and you get no credit for doing a task unless it is unlocked AND you have completed each prior task. So, Day 1 the first task is unlocked. You can work on it, but you don’t necessarily have to finish it before the next day‘s task is unlocked. However, you must finish Day 1’s task before you can progress to Day 2. Some of the tasks are timed, so they must be done within the time limit listed. Rewards of an avatar are earned by completing 10 tasks. So, during a Castle Challenge, you have the opportunity to get up to 3 new avatars.
Amulets – The Amulet was introduced in November 2016, and is available to players when they reach Level 9. At the outset, you receive the No Cooldown Amulet and 120 Energy Units. It requires 100 energy units to activate this amulet. It remains activated for 60 minutes. During this time, you can enter any and all HOSs immediately and repeatedly.
You can receive a maximum of 20 Energy Units per 24-hour day. You receive the Energy Units randomly when completing an HOS. (However during the Fall event, you can also get an one for each ghost you trap—up to the daily maximum. During the Winter event, you can get one with each snow globe you crack—also, up to the daily maximum. During the Spring event, you can get one for each Enchanted Egg you capture—also, up to the daily maximum.)
The No Cooldown Amulet can be particularly helpful for players leveling up because they don’t need to wait for the room to recharge before being able to get back in. It can also be helpful for players who have reached the maximum level in the game during regular play when the Gnome quests are active. Some of the Gnome quests require you to enter the same room 3x for one part of the 3-, 5-, or 10-part quest.
The one disadvantage I see with the Amulet is that while you can cover some quests within the hour of activation that would normally take 6 hours to complete.....you also are deprived of earning the coins that could result from those 6 trips around the Castle.
Once you have activated the No Cooldown Amulet 3x, you get the Quick Cooldown Amulet. This one requires 47 Energy Units to activate it. It cuts the recharge time in half for all HOSs, and it also remains activated for 60 minutes.
Fall event of 2018 brought with it 3 new amulets that players could purchase:
1. Morphing Quick Cooldown – (Cost: 15,000 coins) – Cuts morphing object cooldown time in half for 60 minutes – 80 Energy Units to activate
2. Morphing No Cooldown – (Cost: 100,000 coins) – Stops morphing object cooldown time for 2 minutes – 150 Energy Units to activate
3. Ghost No Cooldown – (Cost: 20,000 coins) – Stops ghost cooldown time for 60 minutes – 120 Energy Units to activate
NOTE: The “for purchase” amulets were made available during the Fall and Winter 2018 events and during the Spring 2019 event. They have not been offered since those times.
Puzzles -- The Puzzle feature was introduced to players mid-February of 2017. Each puzzle is made up of 30 pieces. By default, the first puzzle to unlock is one of Anabel and the Iron Knight. When you have all the pieces for that puzzle, you may choose which of the remaining puzzles you want to unlock and work on next. When you make your choice, the unsolved puzzles are then locked until you complete the one you selected.
You receive a generic looking yellow puzzle piece randomly when completing an HOS. Once you have all 30 puzzle pieces for each of the puzzles, you will no longer receive puzzle pieces. As you collect the pieces, they display in their appropriate portion of the puzzle; you will also receive many duplicate pieces before you get all the puzzle pieces to one puzzle. When all 30 pieces are collected, the "Collect Pieces!" button changes to "Play." If you click on play, the pieces become jumbled and you must put the puzzle back together. You can then play with the child/sprite for prizes.
Some general info about the puzzles:
1. There is no pop-up to alert you that you have collected that last piece; you just no longer receive additional puzzle pieces. When you unlock the next puzzle, the pieces again fall randomly at HOS completion.
2. You can disenchant duplicate puzzle pieces by clicking on the individual puzzle piece -- or you can click on the "Disenchant All" button to convert all duplicate pieces to Sparkles. ...... You can then click on the icon above the Collect Pieces/Play button to convert the sparkles into puzzle pieces. (You can also use diamonds to purchase the puzzle pieces):
...3 diamonds or 9 sparkles to purchase 3 puzzle pieces
...4 diamonds or 12 sparkles to purchase 5 puzzle pieces
...8 diamonds or 24 sparkles to purchase 10 puzzle pieces
3. When you complete a puzzle and unlock the next puzzle, all duplicate pieces are automatically converted to Sparkles, except when you finish the last one. If you do not disenchant the extra pieces in the final puzzle, the extra pieces will continue to show on the puzzle until the next puzzle is created by the Developers and unlocked
4. When you choose items for which to play, they will be arranged in order of their value.
5. Crafted items and seasonal items cannot be selected as items for which to play.
6. After you play with the child/sprite for prizes, the puzzle will go into a 5-hour cooldown period. You have the option to spend 40 diamonds to play the puzzle again.
7. When playing the guessing game....if you win an item, but then only get coins because you already took your free try and then decided to not pay the diamonds to play again.....the game still considers it an item won.
8. You cannot request an item won until the puzzle in which you "won" it has cooled down and is ready to play again.
9. You can only put a pet egg in one of the slots when playing a puzzle. Once that type of egg has been won, it may not be requested again until the puzzle in which it was won has again become available.
Strategy – As you advance in the game, it becomes more and more costly to open areas, HOSs, and ZZs. In addition to the never-ending need for coins, you also will need stamps to craft some of the items. Each player must determine how best to meet their goals/needs. The following suggestions have been mentioned by other players in various forum threads:
1. Do the rounds. When you are unable to continue progressing with the character quests, go into any open HOS that is available and search for the objects. This will help build your coins, inventory, stamps, airship items, energy units, and gift for a friend boxes. If you ONLY go to the HOS the character requests….then wait for it to recharge if you need to go back for a second item…..you are missing out on additional coins, items, stamps, etc. Yes, it’s boring. But sometimes you just need to stop the character quests and do some rounds to build up your supply. And “doing the rounds” means going into each HOS requested by a character and then going into every other one you have available.
2. The selling price can sometimes be higher than the crafting cost for some of the crafted items. Some players will craft an item for the game, immediately sell that item, and then craft it again for the character quest. When you are asked to craft an item, you will always be guaranteed to get the components from the HOS or ZZ in which they reside. (If you just try to go to your laboratory and use the find button to get a component for some random crafted item, you most likely will not get that component from the location…..that’s just the way the game works.) So, when you are guaranteed to get the needed item, you can use that feature to your advantage by crafting the item….selling it for coin….then crafting it again to give to the character. Just be sure to watch your stamp count!
3. Watch your stamps!!! Watch your stamps!!! Watch your stamps!!! One of the quirks about this game it that it seems to withhold the item you need if you run out of it completely. So, if while you are crafting (whether to sell an item or for a character), be sure to take note of how many stamps you have. Players frequently run out of the unique (brown) stamps and the Plain (white) stamps. It is recommended to maintain 20 of each stamp type as a bare minimum.
4. Exchange gifts with friends, but don’t rely on friends to always bail you out.
5. The game will provide everything you need to proceed through the levels. This truly is a free to play game, if you are patient. For those players who want to advance through the game at a faster pace, the developers have provided a way for you to use actual cash to purchase diamonds and coins. Regardless of whether you choose to play for free, or if you choose to pay for diamonds/coins – when you reach the end of the game content, you will be waiting for several months before new game content is issued.
6. When doing the character quests, there are varying opinions about how best to proceed. Some people think it is best to start with the top character in Prof. Pinfeathers area and do all those quests before continuing on to the next character. Some players go as far as they can with the first character, then go to the second (and third) characters to see if they can do some of their quests. Following this second procedure can get you through the levels a bit faster, but it can also cause some confusion.
First, it is more difficult to follow the story line if you bounce back and forth between characters.
Second, if Anabel is sending you to the Crypt for a Murder’s Eye and if you have also activated the Knight’s quests in which he is asking for something from the Armored Bear……. You might get the Eight-Pointed Star for the Knight’s Armored Bear instead of the Murder’s Eye for Anabel. As long as you understand that you may get an item for either quest, you should have no problem doing multiple characters at a time.
Third, there are some quests in the Level 60’s that must be done in order or you get stuck and cannot proceed. If you ever are stuck with not being able to advance in the game, check the quest listing in this thread to see what you are missing.