4418 messages in 123 discussions
Latest 9:19 AM by KNIMtheTOAD
Latest Jul-26 by jbbp
Latest 7:44 AM by Wineoclock
Latest Aug-6 by Honeyphan
Latest Jul-31 by AEGram
Latest Jul-27 by misstracy22
11339 messages in 809 discussions
Latest 7:57 PM by datsalotta
Latest Aug-2 by ginabina77
Latest Jul-30 by LvlSlgr
Latest Jul-26 by LvlSlgr
Latest Jun-30 by seawave2
Latest Apr-20 by Linda62 (Kingo62)
Latest Aug-3 by NorryUK NuttyNana (Norry6)
Latest Jul-29 by Finder007
Latest Jul-28 by Lisadengel
Latest Jul-27 by dollymix16
Latest Jul-26 by Catheryne (Catheryne3)
Latest Jul-25 by Tammy27 (DoubleMsMom)
7229 messages in 644 discussions
Latest Jul-20 by larrymor
Latest Jul-14 by Cookie (GulfGuppy)
Latest Aug-10 by TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd)
Latest Aug-10 by Mii2
Latest Aug-7 by Hirento
Latest Aug-4 by AEGram
Latest Aug-3 by jack7242
Latest Aug-1 by Lisadengel
Latest Jul-28 by JustMe2 (CantFindName)
Latest Jul-26 by Hirento
4074 messages in 245 discussions
Latest 3/19/19 by Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Latest Aug-2 by misstracy22
Latest Jul-26 by RITA965
Latest Jul-23 by whitebutterfly54 (redbutter54)
73788 messages in 20 discussions
Latest 7:37 PM by Tammy27 (DoubleMsMom)
Latest 4:05 PM by PTG (anotherPTG)
Latest 2:46 PM by LvlSlgr
8393 messages in 917 discussions
Latest Aug-7 by PTG (anotherPTG)
Latest Aug-6 by Tammy27 (DoubleMsMom)
Latest Aug-3 by AEGram
Latest Aug-2 by AEGram
Latest Jul-29 by Moonki
Latest Jul-28 by LvlSlgr
Latest Jul-22 by Honeyphan
1046 messages in 19 discussions
Latest May-24 by Moonki
Latest 5/19/19 by chilpep
Latest 10/27/18 by katiek2
305 messages in 8 discussions
Latest Aug-5 by Cyberfox277
4077 messages in 91 discussions
Latest 11/19/19 by Jenifer (Zarknorph)
3502 messages in 123 discussions
Latest 7:59 PM by datsalotta
Latest Aug-9 by RITA965
Latest Aug-5 by SharpEye1
1885 messages in 109 discussions
Latest 6:02 PM by Trixie Belle (AnnaDownes01)
20524 messages in 1311 discussions
3646 messages in 82 discussions
957 messages in 99 discussions
6040 messages in 24 discussionsMore
Halloween Room – There are 3 HOSs; 250 max coin amount.
Halloween Room 2 – There is 1 HOS in this room; 250 max coin amount.
Halloween Room 3 – There is 1 HOS in this room; 250 max coin amount.
Anniversary Room – There is 1 HOS in this room; 250 max coin amount.
Mini-events and Castle Challenges – These features were introduced to the game in June of 2016. Mini-events become available at Level 4; the Castle Challenges are not available until a player reaches Level 10. (If a Mini-Event is in progress when you reach Level 4, you must then log out of the game and back in for the Mailman to send you the message about the Event.)
A Mini-event will typically last for about 2 days (48 hours). During the time of the event, you will be tasked with doing one thing…..collecting morphing flowers, going into HOSs, going into ZZs, etc. There will be a personal goal (with a reward after each of 3 increments). Then there will be a global goal to be met. The Mini-event goes across each platform – with different goals for each. (It is based on the number of people who play the game on each of the platforms.) Each person’s progress is added into the global progress as each player reaches a goal. In past events, if you continued the activity after you meet your final goal, all additional efforts are added into the global total. If the global goal is met by the combination of all the players’ efforts, everyone who participated in the Mini-event gets the global reward.
The Castle Challenge is a 30-day event. Each day a different task is “unlocked.” You must do all the tasks in order, and you get no credit for doing a task unless it is unlocked AND you have completed each prior task. So, Day 1 the first task is unlocked. You must finish Day 1’s task before you can progress to Day 2. You do not necessarily need to complete a day’s task on the day it’s issued. The exception is that some tasks are timed. They must be completed within the time limit once that task is started. All 30 tasks must be completed by the end of the 24-hour GMT day of the last task issued. Rewards of an avatar are earned by completing 10 tasks. So, during a Castle Challenge, you have the opportunity to get up to 3 new avatars.
The Castle Challenge avatars are only available during that CC event. Many players lamented missing out on previous CC avatars, so when the 11th Castle Challenge was issued in December 2017, there were circling arrows added to the last avatar. This allows players to scroll through and select some previous CC avatar that they prefer over the current final avatar. If a player wants to change to a different avatar, it must be done before they complete the final task of the final day (even if there is still time remaining on that day before the CC expires.
Important Note: During the 25th Castle Challenge issued July 2020, players discovered that if they changed that final avatar to some previous CC avatar, and then changed their mind, the current final avatar was not available for selection. I don’t know if this will be changed in future CCs; but for now, please be absolutely sure you don’t want the final CC avatar before you make a different selection.
Amulets – The Amulet was introduced in November 2016, and is available to players when they reach Level 9. At the outset, you receive the No Cooldown Amulet and 120 Energy Units. It requires 100 energy units to activate this amulet. It remains activated for 60 minutes. During this time, you can enter any and all HOSs immediately and repeatedly.
You can receive a maximum of 20 Energy Units per 24-hour day. You receive the Energy Units randomly when completing an HOS. (However during the Fall event, you can also get an one for each ghost you trap—up to the daily maximum. During the Winter event, you can get one with each snow globe you crack—also, up to the daily maximum. During the Spring event, you can get one for each Enchanted Egg you capture—also, up to the daily maximum.)
The No Cooldown Amulet can be particularly helpful for players leveling up because they don’t need to wait for the room to recharge before being able to get back in. It can also be helpful for players who have reached the maximum level in the game during regular play when the Gnome quests are active. Some of the Gnome quests require you to enter the same room 3x for one part of the 3-, 5-, or 10-part quest.
The one disadvantage I see with the Amulet is that while you can cover some quests within the hour of activation that would normally take 6 hours to complete.....you also are deprived of earning the coins, stamps, and airship items that would result from those 6 trips around the Castle.
Once you have activated the No Cooldown Amulet 3x, you get the Quick Cooldown Amulet. This one requires 47 Energy Units to activate it. It cuts the recharge time in half for all HOSs, and it also remains activated for 60 minutes.
Fall event of 2018 brought with it 3 new amulets that players could purchase:
1. Morphing Quick Cooldown – (Cost: 15,000 coins) – Cuts morphing object cooldown time in half for 60 minutes – 80 Energy Units to activate
2. Morphing No Cooldown – (Cost: 100,000 coins) – Stops morphing object cooldown time for 2 minutes – 150 Energy Units to activate
3. Ghost No Cooldown – (Cost: 20,000 coins) – Stops ghost cooldown time for 60 minutes – 120 Energy Units to activate
NOTE: The “for purchase” amulets were made available during the Fall and Winter 2018 events and during the Spring 2019 event. They have not been offered since those times.
Puzzles -- The Puzzle feature was introduced to players mid-February of 2017. Each puzzle is made up of 30 pieces. By default, the first puzzle to unlock is one of Anabel and the Iron Knight. When you have all the pieces for that puzzle, you may choose which of the remaining puzzles you want to unlock and work on next. When you make your choice, the unsolved puzzles are then locked until you complete the one you selected.
You receive a generic looking yellow puzzle piece randomly when completing an HOS. Once you have all 30 puzzle pieces for each of the puzzles, you will no longer receive puzzle pieces. As you collect the pieces, they display in their appropriate portion of the puzzle; you will also receive many duplicate pieces before you get all the puzzle pieces to one puzzle. When all 30 pieces are collected, the "Collect Pieces!" button changes to "Play." If you click on play, the pieces become jumbled and you must put the puzzle back together. You can then play with the child/sprite for prizes.
Some general info about the puzzles:
1. There is no pop-up to alert you that you have collected that last piece; you just no longer receive additional puzzle pieces. When you unlock the next puzzle, the pieces again fall randomly at HOS completion.
2. You can disenchant duplicate puzzle pieces by clicking on the individual puzzle piece -- or you can click on the "Disenchant All" button to convert all duplicate pieces to Sparkles. ...... You can then click on the icon above the Collect Pieces/Play button to convert the sparkles into puzzle pieces. (You can also use diamonds to purchase the puzzle pieces):
...3 diamonds or 9 sparkles to purchase 3 puzzle pieces
...4 diamonds or 12 sparkles to purchase 5 puzzle pieces
...8 diamonds or 24 sparkles to purchase 10 puzzle pieces
3. When you complete a puzzle and unlock the next puzzle, all duplicate pieces are automatically converted to Sparkles, except when you finish the last one. If you do not disenchant the extra pieces in the final puzzle, the extra pieces will continue to show on the puzzle until the next puzzle is created by the Developers and unlocked
4. When you choose items for which to play, they will be arranged in order of their value.
5. Crafted items and seasonal items cannot be selected as items for which to play.
6. After you play with the child/sprite for prizes, the puzzle will go into a 5-hour cooldown period. You have the option to spend 40 diamonds to play the puzzle again.
7. When playing the guessing game....if you win an item, but then only get coins because you already took your free try and then decided to not pay the diamonds to play again.....the game still considers it an item won.
8. You cannot request an item won until the puzzle in which you "won" it has cooled down and is ready to play again.
9. You can only put a pet egg in one of the slots when playing a puzzle. Once that type of egg has been won, it may not be requested again until the puzzle in which it was won has again become available.
Strategy – As you advance in the game, it becomes more and more costly to open areas, HOSs, and ZZs. In addition to the never-ending need for coins, you also will need stamps to craft some of the items. Each player must determine how best to meet their goals/needs. The following suggestions have been mentioned by other players in various forum threads:
1. Do the rounds. When you are unable to continue progressing with the character quests, go into any open HOS that is available and search for the objects. This will help build your coins, inventory, stamps, airship items, energy units, and gift for a friend boxes. If you ONLY go to the HOS the character requests….then wait for it to recharge if you need to go back for a second item…..you are missing out on additional coins, items, stamps, etc. Yes, it’s boring. But sometimes you just need to stop the character quests and do some rounds to build up your supply. And “doing the rounds” means going into each HOS requested by a character and then going into every other one you have available.
2. The selling price can sometimes be higher than the crafting cost for some of the crafted items. Some players will craft an item for the game, immediately sell that item, and then craft it again for the character quest. When you are asked to craft an item, you will always be guaranteed to get the components from the HOS or ZZ in which they reside. (If you just try to go to your laboratory and use the find button to get a component for some random crafted item, you most likely will not get that component from the location…..that’s just the way the game works.) So, when you are guaranteed to get the needed item, you can use that feature to your advantage by crafting the item….selling it for coin….then crafting it again to give to the character. Just be sure to watch your stamp count!
3. Watch your stamps!!! Watch your stamps!!! Watch your stamps!!! One of the quirks about this game it that it seems to withhold the item you need if you run out of it completely. So, if while you are crafting (whether to sell an item or for a character), be sure to take note of how many stamps you have. Players frequently run out of the unique (brown) stamps and the Plain (white) stamps. It is recommended to maintain 20 of each stamp type as a bare minimum.
4. Exchange gifts with friends, but don’t rely on friends to always bail you out.
5. The game will provide everything you need to proceed through the levels. This truly is a free to play game, if you are patient. For those players who want to advance through the game at a faster pace, the developers have provided a way for you to use actual cash to purchase diamonds and coins. Regardless of whether you choose to play for free, or if you choose to pay for diamonds/coins – when you reach the end of the game content, you will be waiting for several months before new game content is issued.
6. When doing the character quests, there are varying opinions about how best to proceed. Some people think it is best to start with the top character in Prof. Pinfeathers area and do all those quests before continuing on to the next character. Some players go as far as they can with the first character, then go to the second (and third) characters to see if they can do some of their quests. Following this second procedure can get you through the levels a bit faster, but it can also cause some confusion.
First, it is more difficult to follow the story line if you bounce back and forth between characters.
Second, if Anabel is sending you to the Crypt for a Murder’s Eye and if you have also activated the Knight’s quests in which he is asking for something from the Armored Bear……. You might get the Eight-Pointed Star for the Knight’s Armored Bear instead of the Murder’s Eye for Anabel. As long as you understand that you may get an item for either quest, you should have no problem doing multiple characters at a time.
Third, there are some quests in the Level 60’s that must be done in order or you get stuck and cannot proceed. If you ever are stuck with not being able to advance in the game, check the quest listing in this thread to see what you are missing.
7. The Puzzle feature gives the player another temporary advantage in that you can ask for a particular item and try to win it from the child's guessing game. This feature is a boost to the coin/item/diamond dilemma, but it is still necessary to "do the rounds."
8. The Spring Room 2, Anniversary Room, Halloween Room, and Christmas Room 2 bring a whole new dimension to game play. Each of those rooms has 3 HOSs (except for only 1 in the Anniversary Room) that will give you 250 coins when maxed out. Considering that the regular HOSs give you only 50 coins when maxed, this is HUGE!! …… So, during the events, set aside your character quests for the duration. Get as many friends as you can; enter as many of their rooms as you can (you can visit each one 1x daily as well as your own private room HOSs). By time the event has ended you will find yourself flush with coins, stamps, pet food, and airship items for continuing in the game.
These strategies are only suggestions. Each player must decide how best to play their game to level up.....some will rely heavily on the pet chests....some will rely heavily on crafting and selling....others will use the puzzles and/or amulets to gain advantages. And, there will be others who just decide to build coins and inventory by going into the scenes each time they are available.
When I started this game, there were no items in pet chests, no amulets, no puzzles. So "doing the rounds" was my way of gaining coins. I didn't find the forum until I was somewhere in the 30's for leveling up. I could never understand why players were posting that they were out of unique or plain stamps UNTIL I went through the game on PC recently (when all the new features were available).
I relied HEAVILY on the puzzles and the pet chests to get through some of the areas only to find that I could not progress with the levels because I was so low on stamps and could not craft the necessary items.
So, my personal opinion is that “doing the rounds” is the best way to advance in the game. Use the "boosts" provided to get through the difficult areas. But use them as "boosts" not as a method of play and you will always have sufficient stamps to craft items as they are requested in the game.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
1. No, we do not know when there will be a game content update to move us beyond the current game ending. Nor do we know how often updates will be offered. Only the Developers of the game are privy to that information, and they do not share that knowledge in advance with players.
2. The Odd Egg is just that – Odd. There currently is no use for it. It can be sold, gifted, or disenchanted. Some folklore around the Castle was that it was originally intended for crafting the Winged Cat. However, none of the Winged Cat components request an egg. This left one odd egg.
3. No, the excess steering wheels do not get saved in inventory to be used for a future quest. It was suggested in the Suggestions to Developers thread on the original Big Fish forum numerous times, but no action was taken in that direction.
4. There currently is no in-game messaging feature. It was briefly introduced during the fall of 2016, but was disabled due to problems players were experiencing. (This is discussed briefly in the Friends section.)
5. The green vines that appear at the beginning of Level 28 have no seasonal association. You get a general idea of what is happening if you read the story line above the character quests. They leave toward the end of Level 29 when the King of the Elves leaves the Castle Gates.
6. The “black matter” that permeates throughout many of the scenes and locations also is not seasonally associated. The story behind that is too complicated for this Guide. This black matter makes it a bit difficult to find some of the objects within the scenes – especially in the Unique Dishes HOS. It shows up shortly after you reach Level 50 – when you activate the Crown of Gnomish Heritage. It continues to be in all the scenes/locations until Level 56 when the Limb Entrance is opened.