811 messages in 30 discussions
Latest Jan-12 by TinaBean24
Latest 4:07 PM by Di (amina046)
Latest Jan-17 by SharpEye1
Latest Jan-13 by SharpEye1
5776 messages in 348 discussions
Latest 1:50 PM by Werecatqueen
Latest Jan-13 by katiek2
Latest Jan-11 by misstracy22
Latest Jan-16 by Oodie (Oodeveer)
Latest Jan-16 by SharpEye1
Latest Jan-16 by Kid (Kidmagnet)
Latest Jan-16 by diamondgrlva
Latest Jan-16 by katiek2
Latest Jan-15 by LvlSlgr
Latest Jan-15 by chattysneaky
Latest Jan-13 by SwtSunshine8
3680 messages in 302 discussions
Latest Jan-16 by Brax (7braxton7)
Latest Jan-15 by Woofbite
3087 messages in 60 discussions
Latest Jan-16 by P1tbull
Latest Jan-13 by Kattlyn Raven (cindykat325)
Latest Jan-13 by SharpEye1
2899 messages in 132 discussions
Latest 3/19/19 by Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Latest Jan-15 by Susanna502MC
48781 messages in 14 discussions
Latest 3:34 PM by TinyFaerie
Latest 2:27 PM by Tammy27 (DoubleMsMom)
Latest 7:19 AM by PTG (anotherPTG)
Latest Jan-17 by KeepSeeker
Latest Jan-16 by Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Latest Jan-14 by KatieAn56
5600 messages in 17 discussions
Latest Jan-17 by Randytb
Latest Jan-13 by Myelle01
3574 messages in 359 discussions
Latest Jan-16 by CzoeMC
Latest Jan-16 by CzoeMC
Latest Jan-14 by TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd)
Latest Jan-14 by KatieAn56
Latest Jan-13 by TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd)
Latest Jan-13 by oiuoiu321
748 messages in 7 discussions
Latest Oct-29 by chilpep
Latest 10/27/18 by katiek2
Latest 4/29/18 by chilpep
995 messages in 25 discussions
Latest 2:10 PM by misstracy22
Latest Jan-14 by attie1234
Latest Jan-12 by GinnyTLC
Latest Jan-7 by Robert (amf368)
Latest 3:17 PM by Catheryne (Catheryne3)
Latest 1:07 PM by Debbie (Debbie1845)
Latest Jan-16 by oiuoiu321
2635 messages in 61 discussions
Latest Nov-19 by Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Latest Jan-17 by misstracy22
2689 messages in 77 discussions
Latest 4:30 PM by attie1234
Latest Jan-17 by datsalotta
Latest Jan-13 by KatieAn56
19205 messages in 1270 discussions
478 messages in 46 discussions
1011 messages in 62 discussionsMore
4. Exchange gifts with friends, but don’t rely on friends to always bail you out.
5. The game will provide everything you need to proceed through the levels. This truly is a free to play game, if you are patient. For those players who want to advance through the game at a faster pace, the developers have provided a way for you to use actual cash to purchase diamonds and coins. Regardless of whether you choose to play for free, or if you choose to pay for diamonds/coins – when you reach the end of the game content, you will be waiting for several months before new game content is issued.
6. When doing the character quests, there are varying opinions about how best to proceed. Some people think it is best to start with the top character in Prof. Pinfeathers area and do all those quests before continuing on to the next character. Some players go as far as they can with the first character, then go to the second (and third) characters to see if they can do some of their quests. Following this second procedure can get you through the levels a bit faster, but it can also cause some confusion.
First, it is more difficult to follow the story line if you bounce back and forth between characters.
Second, if Anabel is sending you to the Crypt for a Murder’s Eye and if you have also activated the Knight’s quests in which he is asking for something from the Armored Bear……. You might get the Eight-Pointed Star for the Knight’s Armored Bear instead of the Murder’s Eye for Anabel. As long as you understand that you may get an item for either quest, you should have no problem doing multiple characters at a time.
Third, there are some quests in the Level 60’s that must be done in order or you get stuck and cannot proceed. If you ever are stuck with not being able to advance in the game, check the quest listing in this thread to see what you are missing.
7. The Puzzle feature gives the player another temporary advantage in that you can ask for a particular item and try to win it from the child's guessing game. The items in the list will be rearranged according to value, and many players will not correctly guess every time so they actually receive the final item they select. This feature is a boost to the coin/item dilemma, but it is still necessary to "do the rounds."
8. The Christmas Room 2 and Spring Room 2 bring a whole new dimension to game play. Each of those rooms has 3 HOSs that will give you 250 coins when maxed out. Considering that the regular HOSs give you only 50 coins when maxed, this is HUGE!! …… So, during the Winter and Spring events, set aside your character quests for the duration. Get as many friends as you can; enter as many of their rooms as you can (you can visit each one 1x daily as well as your own private room HOSs). By time the event has ended you will find yourself flush with coins, stamps, pet food, and airship items for continuing in the game.
Each person will decide how best to play their game to level up.....some will rely heavily on the pet chests....some will rely heavily on crafting and selling....others will use the puzzles and/or amulets to gain advantages. And, there will be others who just decide to build coins and inventory by going into the scenes each time they are available.
When I started this game, there were no items in pet chests, no amulets, no puzzles. So "doing the rounds" was my way of gaining coins. I didn't find the forum until I was somewhere in the 30's for leveling up. I could never understand why players were posting that they were out of unique or plain stamps UNTIL I went through the game on PC recently (when all the new features were available).
I relied HEAVILY on the puzzles and the pet chests to get through some of the areas only to find that I could not progress with the levels because I was so low on stamps and could not craft the necessary items.
So, I cannot stress the importance of "doing the rounds" enough. Again, use the "boosts" provided to get you through the difficult areas. But use them as "boosts" not as a method of play and you will always have sufficient stamps to craft items as they are requested in the game.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
1. No, we do not know when there will be a game content update to move us beyond the current game ending. Nor do we know how often updates will be offered. Only the developers of the game are privy to that information, and they do not share that knowledge in advance with players.
2. The Odd Egg is just that – Odd. There currently is no use for it. It can be sold, gifted, or disenchanted. Some folklore around the Castle was that it was originally intended for crafting the Winged Cat. However, none of the Winged Cat components request an egg. This left one odd egg.
3. No, excess steering wheels do not get saved in inventory to be used for a future quest. It has been suggested in the Suggestions to Developers thread numerous times, but no action has been taken in that direction.
4. There currently is no in-game messaging feature. It was briefly introduced during the fall of 2016, but was disabled due to problems players were experiencing. (This is discussed briefly in the Friends section.)
5. The green vines that appear at the beginning of Level 28 have no seasonal association. You get a general idea of what is happening if you read the story line above the character quests. They leave toward the end of Level 29 when the King of the Elves leaves the Castle Gates.
6. The “black matter” that permeates throughout many of the scenes and locations also is not seasonally associated. The story behind that is too complicated for this Guide.** This black matter makes it a bit difficult to find some of the objects within the scenes – especially in the Unique Dishes HOS. It first show up shortly after you reach Level 50 – when you activate the Crown of Gnomish Heritage. It continues to be in all the scenes/locations until Level 56 when the Limb Entrance is opened.
7. Gift for a Friend boxes can only be used during the Winter event when the tree (or Santa sack) in the Christmas room is activated for gift giving. These boxes are received at random HOS completion. You can now also trade with the children that are on the Castle Vicinity during the event. (It will be 7 holiday items to trade for a holiday wand; and 5 to trade for a gift box -- use the arrow to select the item for which you want to trade.)
When gifting a box, you lose one box from inventory and receive a Santa Medallion as thanks. The friend receives some random game item. You never know what they receive; they never know who has sent what.
8. No, the guy in the Commercial District never does get that sack/bundle lifted.
9. A “feeder” game will mostly be referenced by someone who is playing on PC. With recent developments in the operating systems for iPad and Kindle, I believe it is now possible to log onto those devices with different user accounts. This is what is needed for a feeder game – or a like device. Basically, you create another user account on your PC (or device).
After the account is created with a password, you log onto your PC with that new account. Midnight Castle game icon will already be on the “desktop” for you to click….when you do, the game opens to the beginning of a brand new game. It will then be necessary to play that game to some level (most players want their feeder game to at least be up to Level 24 because the Column of the Fallen is opened during Level 23). Once the feeder game is established, you then send a friend request from one of the games to the other. You can then exchange goodies – but you can still gift that account only one time during each 24-hour GMT period.
10. Trina is in memory of a player who created games (on Facebook) for other players to test their knowledge and who was always helping others. At the time of her death, Darcie posted the following to MC Facebook site: Hi everyone! As some of you know, we lost Trina, a wonderful member of the Midnight Castle community at the beginning of this year. Many of you had the privilege of knowing Trina, and now just how amazing she was. She brought a lot of fun to the community with her artwork, games, and willingness to help everyone, and she is truly missed. In her memory, the Midnight Castle team has invited Trina to stay in the castle that she helped bring so much life to. Stop by and say 'Hi'! And don't worry, Trina's wolves are friendly! ~ Darcie
11. The “A” and “S” collars on the wolf pups in Trina’s Key Master Shop are for Apollo and Shadow. The bird next to Trina’s chair is a robin. These 3 additions were added as a tribute to Robyn (game names Apollo and Shadow; forum name as Apollogold) who died on August 29, 2017. Robyn was one of the original “list makers” and many of the threads in the Tips and Tricks section of the Helpful Links for Midnight Castle (on BFG forum) were created/started by her.
12. No, there really is no "short cut" to get more coins, stamps, etc. There are "advantages" placed in the game features (getting HOS items from pet chests; using the Amulet feature; crafting items and selling; using the new Puzzle feature)....but these features are there to give you a boost in the game. They are not meant to be used exclusively or even frequently. The only way to get the game to give you ALL you need to advance in the levels (items, stamps, coins) is to do the rounds, do the rounds, do the rounds. Otherwise, you may be advancing, but you will run out of something -- usually stamps.
Quests to Level Up – The actual place in your game where you reach the next level may differ slightly from those posted here. Some players prefer to do all the quests in character order – that is, finish with one character before going to the next character. Others prefer to go as far with the first character as they can and then see if they can perform some of the quests for the next character. (The levels in this Guide are based on completing all quests for each character in the order they are listed within the Prof. Pinfeathers section.)
While a level may be reached at some other quest, the quests will all be listed …..and all of them presented in Prof. Pinfeathers window must be performed before you will receive the next set of quests. There are a couple of places where the game does not tell you about some quests for a character. As I get to those areas, I will try to add a note so you will be aware of an abnormality in the flow of info the Prof. provides.
The original strategy guide included the crafting amount for each item and what it cost for opening new areas, HOSs, and ZZs. But it did not give you a total cost for the level. Nor did it list the types of stamps and the number of each that were required during that level. I have included that info in this updated Guide because I think it will be beneficial to the players.
The game cost is just a “raw” number because there is no way to compute the amount of coins you get as you go through the game. While it is true that the amount of coins you receive from the completion of a quest is static, you will also be getting bonus coins when you level up in a HOS, sometimes when you craft an item, and various amounts when feeding pets. These coin amounts are quite variable with each player depending on how frequently you feed pets, which type of pet chest you receive, how many coin bundles are in that chest, whether you receive coins as a bonus for crafting, and how fast or slow you level up within the individual HOSs.
Plus, there is the possibility that you will receive a crafted item from the Fortune Wheel, so you save the coin crafting cost for that item. You may also receive coins from winning while playing dice. You may also receive a valuable pet egg (some can be sold for $5000 coins) that you choose to sell instead of hold in inventory for crafting the pet.
So, while there is no real way of determining the exact/true cost for advancing in the game, the totals of what each quest costs will give you guidance for when you need to stop following character quest, perhaps, and just “do the rounds” for a while.
Opening new areas, HOS, ZZ will be in bold black
Helpful comments will be in purple
Crafted items will be in green
DISCLAIMER: The character quest listing reflects those in the game after the drastic change to the lower levels made in November 2016. Naturally, we have no way of knowing whether the Devs will be making changes to the current quests in future updates. As a result, over time, these quests may not be entirely accurate. I have no plans of periodically restarting the game to determine their continued accuracy. But, in the past, when the Devs made any changes, they only made the levels easier…. So, these are here as guidelines for future players.
Players start the game on Castle Vicinity with 100 coins & 5 diamonds. You get the Compass with a message the it is broken. Note: You can change your in-game name, but no avatars are unlocked yet.
Pinfeathers - Open: Carriage (no coin) -- add Needle to compass -- level 1 completed Note: There is a bubble to open Airship Tower. That opening and cost is added when a message directs player to opening the Airship Tower in Level 5.
Pinfeathers - Unlock: Castle Gates (Level 2; 5) & Anabel (1 task) & place missing letter into Compass
Anabel - Open: Broken Well (5) for Forged Key & Open: Rock Garden (10) for Nephrite Fan
Pinfeathers - Anabel (1 task) & Iron Knight (1 task)
Anabel - Shard of Soul (get Rune Stone for reward)
Unlock: Castle Entry (3 & Rune Stone from Anabel above) to get to Iron Knight. Note: When enter Castle Entry, Bubble (600) to open Fortune Wheel
Knight: Winged Amulet & Open: Astral Lamp (20) for Demonic Ring
Pinfeathers - Anabel (1 task) & Innkeeper (3 tasks); Fix compass & use it inside the Castle
Anabel - Open: Crypt (20) for Eight-Pointed Star (also get Forged Key as reward)
LEVEL 4 Mailman delivers "Beginner's Pack" with Gentleman and Gentle Woman avatars unlocked + 10 diamonds
Unlock: Tavern (Level 4; 150 & forged Key from above) to get to Innkeeper Note: When enter Tavern, there is a Bubble (600) to unlock the Dice Game
Innkeeper - Murder's Eye
Innkeeper - Dragon's Fang & Midnight Rose
Innkeeper - Torch & Open: Burnt Tree (40) for Demon's Eye Activating the Compass, reveals a secret door to right of the door opening behind the Knight. Get Key Ring to unlock/open that door
Cost Levels 1 - 4 = 1,500 coins
Pinfeathers - Open: Laboratory (no coin)
Aquamarine Charm (180) & Open: Belfry (80) for Polestar
Message presents that you need Stamps for crafting and you can get them from sending airships. You are then directed to the Bubble on Castle Vicinity -- Open: Airship Tower(200)
Pinfeathers - Iron Knight (2 tasks); Anabel (1 task); Innkeeper (1 task)
Knight - Open: Stone Gargoyle (50) for Sun Amber & Links of Steel
Knight - Open: Prison Cell (60) for Rusty Cage
Anabel - Eight-Pointed Star & Seal of Courage
Cost Level 5 = 570 coins
Stamps: 2 Plain
Get a Message that you have a friend request (from John); set up friends (no coin)
Innkeeper - Aquamarine Charm (180)
Pinfeathers - Innkeeper (5 tasks) & Lord Chamberlain (6 tasks)
Innkeeper - Fibula of Rage & Polestar
Innkeeper - Sun Amber & Grave Blade
Cost Level 6 = 180 coins
Stamps: 2 Plain